Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's brave, new world... if you work on DARPA

"The team behind the project, known as EXACTO and developed by America's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), has released a video showing the smart bullets in action, successfully changing their course in order to hit a moving target. It’s thought that they work by using small fins on the sides of the bullet to guide it to the target, which is tracked by lasers, although DARPA are being understandably quiet about its exact inner workings."

Full Article Here

·
Spam-I-am
14,053 Posts
i read about this last year in our daily rag
the bullets cost around $1.00 apiece, sounds cheap but if you consider how many are used in a conflict it adds up
it was only a matter of time, within 10 years these will be available on the street if not sooner
as we progress with technology so does the ability to massively wipe each other out
just one step closer to the ''dooms day bomb''
U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
I know all is fair in love and war and all that jazz but this just feels like cheating to me. If you manage to move out of the way of a bullet, you deserve to not get hit. :tongue:

On a more serious note though, this kind of scares me and I feel like we should maybe stop trying so hard to kill each other. :unsure:

·
Registered
Amateur Newscaster
11,502 Posts
@Halcyon

I know all is fair in love and war
Well, actually there are war-crimes: They only apply to the country that loses though...

Reactions: Halcyon
1 - 4 of 4 Posts