Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it has been noted of our powers of observation that little misses our eyes. Do you use your ability to make notes of what people do even on the first time you meet a person. If people have asked for your observation on them or others are they shocked to hear what you tell them??

Reactions: Rhee and niss

·
Registered
295 Posts
I find that I observe loads of details about people, and these are stored somewhere in my memory banks to be used for analysis later. :happy:

I use these observations to draw my own conclusions about people and whether I like them or not. I find that I tend to stick by my first impressions and very seldom give people second chances.

Sometimes people do seem surprised by how much I observe and analyse. Very often I'll point out something and get the response "I never even noticed that!"

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Yes on all counts. I've had people state that "you seem really aware of your surroundings" or that I don't "miss much." And when I am interacting with people, especially the first few times, I am noticing lots of little things about them, cataloging all of the details in an attempt to understand them.

Some are shocked that I am scrutinizing them at all, and those that question what I see/hear/feel or notice about them are often surprised.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Since it has been noted of our powers of observation that little misses our eyes. Do you use your ability to make notes of what people do even on the first time you meet a person. If people have asked for your observation on them or others are they shocked to hear what you tell them??
When it comes to people, I am the most unobservant person ever. I probably won't notice it if my girlfriend's new hair-do came over and whacked me on the head with a club, sadly. And I have trouble remembering and recognizing people's faces.

I usually have far more interest in things rather than people, and will remember in detail the appearance of a given object (ie. cars, buildings, the insides of an elevator), the legal cases I read about in textbooks, or how much fluoride content my toothpaste has, if its label is to be believed.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Im pretty observant. People are shocked when I re-tell them things. They're like "How do you remember that?!" I just do. Plus, if it is someone I am interested in (like my secret crush!) I pay A LOT of attention to them, because I just want to know more about them.

I have a very visual memory, so I can often draw things without having to look at them again

OWL

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I observe a lot, but I do have some trouble remembering stuff if it is not interesting to me. Like for example, I have trouble remembering boring stuff like who has been in romantic relationships with whom and so forth.

If anything stands out I will certainly remember it, and I am very likely to remember stuff when contrasts with my own view or fact base. Also, if I need to make a point to remember something (like a birthday or a type pof present that someone might want for their birthday/xmas or soemthing like that) I will have no trouble remembering it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I like observing people and understanding the way they seem to think, react, feel and process things. People never cease to amaze me. This is the reason why I am always observing things about them and storing it my brain. Sadly, all of it gets forgotten and it lies there unused. I might remember it later if I specifically think about it.

I don't end up telling anyone about my observations. Why should I? They didn't ask for it. Me telling them would have no net benefit. So, I don't bother- just keep my observations to myself. I just analyze them without much feedback. So, I don't know what their reactions would be.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I do a lot of observing, but I'm really picky on what I want to remember. My memory capacity is only so big, so I'd the stuff that's in there to be useful. ;)

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Since it has been noted of our powers of observation that little misses our eyes.
When I'm at work I become this way, but I don't really think its anything too amazing.

Do you use your ability to make notes of what people do even on the first time you meet a person.
I don't think first impression for me is that important, but I am quick to pick up on how people act and carry themselves, and put my opinions to the test at times.

If people have asked for your observation on them or others are they shocked to hear what you tell them??
I believe communication is what makes things go right, and honesty is necessary also. People maybe shocked by too much information, but it is what it is. I think people who have read my posts have seem that from me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm observant if the subject interests me, people interest me. When I'm at a social function, which I'm uncomfortable at, observing people makes it easier. People amaze me. Sadly, I don't remember most until something or someone may say or do something that reminds me.

I keep my observations to myself, unless something totally blows me away that I will say to my wife " Did you see______". For the most part I just analyze them.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I'm observant if the subject interests me, people interest me. When I'm at a social function, which I'm uncomfortable at, observing people makes it easier. People amaze me. Sadly, I don't remember most until something or someone may say or do something that reminds me.

I keep my observations to myself, unless something totally blows me away that I will say to my wife " Did you see______". For the most part I just analyze them.
This is so much like what I do...:crazy:

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm not much of a people person. I can watch people, but they frustrate me. Most people to me seem illogical. I just don't understand how, or why, they think and act the way they do. Especially at work :frustrating:

Now, if your a machine . . . I don't miss much :crazy:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'm not much of a people person. I can watch people, but they frustrate me. Most people to me seem illogical. I just don't understand how, or why, they think and act the way they do. Especially at work :frustrating:

Perhaps this is why they amaze me so much. The fact that they are so different from me in behaviour, reactions, thinking styles (which sometimes means illogical)....
I'll say ENFX are so much more interesting to observe and analyze- just so different and interesting.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not much of a people person. I can watch people, but they frustrate me. Most people to me seem illogical. I just don't understand how, or why, they think and act the way they do. Especially at work
There are plenty of things that humans do that is far from logical ( calling mr spock!) I feel at times animals makes us humans look bad. Watching human behavior can be interesting, fun, and at times very sad!

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
47 Posts

:laughing:

Reactions: skygghet and niss

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes, and i'm apparently very good at hiding it.
i've known some people for months, and they're shocked i even know their names.
i could actually quote a few people from conversations i wasn't a part of, and have a mental list of information on most people i know.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Absolutely. I can create a pretty accurate profile of someone shortly after I meet them. If we interact multiple times after that (I.e. new person at work) I tend to throw them curve balls, or watch events unfold to figure them out further. But my first analysis is usually pretty accurate and has taken people by surprise in the past.

·
Banned
160 Posts
I do this too. I am not as good as I was when I was younger (I think that is because I learned to only observe the important details as I grew older and my Si was extremely prevalent when I was younger), but people always tell me I have a really good memory and I always pick up on things that most people don't notice or don't care to notice (which is why I have learned to keep a lot of things to myself because I come across as judgmental to those who don't care). It is rare that someone ask me "Did you notice _____?" to which I will answer "No".

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I find that I observe loads of details about people, and these are stored somewhere in my memory banks to be used for analysis later. :happy:

I use these observations to draw my own conclusions about people and whether I like them or not. I find that I tend to stick by my first impressions and very seldom give people second chances.

Sometimes people do seem surprised by how much I observe and analyse. Very often I'll point out something and get the response "I never even noticed that!"
Wow... same thing with my ISTJ friend... she observes and takes in SO much detail about people, including me. I'm so surprised to hear her recounting and recalling details about when she first met me. and others. lol.

and i love to hear her analysis of these details. I think they are interesting, very accurate theories. but it's amusing to see how she nails it with one conclusive sentence, whereas for me, it takes me a lot longer to get the feel of it and follow my gut feeling (i'm referring to her theories on people, interpersonal relations, etc).

On the other hand, I often surprise many people on my observations... I, too will point out some things (usually having to do with preparedness, anticipating something in the future, or seeing potential solutions given current details in observations) and I will get responses along the lines of "i never even thought of that possibility!"

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
THIS:

I tend to throw them curve balls, or watch events unfold to figure them out further
I feel my ISTJ friend does this a lot, usually verbally... not so much now, but more so in the months building up to the point where she started trusting/confiding in me a lot.

i didn't notice the curve ball at first, but after I would respond, it seemed that she already knew or was anticipating the answer, but she asked to see my reaction? Can someone explain this? O_O

1 - 20 of 24 Posts