Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway, this comment by laurachanelle struck me a little;

''Your tendency to pick up on things outside of the realm of logic gets you further''

I thought to myself honestly, why am I that way at times. Then the reasons hit me with a more elaborative nature;

1. When I study politics at both personal and academic level, I have seen and read how people have tried to justify certain policies/ political views with over rationalized arguments even if those ''right answers'' are clearly at the expense of human rights. I can tell how certain people abandoned morality and looking at the bigger picture in favor of supporting personal pride invested interests/agendas.

2. I have to step outside the realm of logic sometimes when I need to find out ways to help my loved ones. I need to appreciate them and love them at a level that do not only require common reasoning, because I know at times emotions and troubles can be trickier beyond belief. I know that life has the tendency to throw unexpected obstacles, thus when I face such obstacles with them, I cannot use any fixed route, I have to be strong and mature in other ways especially when it comes to facing possibilities relating to time and distance.

I don't give my heart out easily, AT ALL, so the select few in my life are lucky.

3. Underneath my fluffy Fi, I am an over rational cynic when it comes to human nature. I want to help people, but I also don't generally trust them. I know how certain people can be clever enough to disguise themselves under certain seemingly intellectual labels, to hide their agendas or insecurities. I've already seen the self deceiving, deceptive and manipulative aspects of human nature based on my experiences and observations. To be honest, some of those experiences cannot even be explained by rationality. Mostly, I get that when a person has a dark heart, it wouldn't matter how intelligent that person is, he/she would still be heading towards destruction.

Thus, those are a few reasons why I am the way I am.

I do rely on logic, because obviously logic speaks to everyone. However, I also see beyond it.

I know I might get ridiculed for my views, but I don't care anymore. I know that, I tend to question a lot of things in the modern world and I'm sure at first I will face a lot of ridicule for it. But hey, that's the point of being an idealist. You're supposed to be someone who isn't afraid to step outside of what reality usually tells you and ''just see'' the changes that are supposed to be there.

My experiences have pushed me to be this way.

I can't be anyone else but me. Can any other INFP's state reasons similar to mine or of another nature?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't know. To me, logic seems to cover everything. I don't really know how someone can think outside the realm of logic. Morality makes perfect logical sense to me, it's what cultures and political ideas are built on. So when people try to do something the most "logical" way without taking into consideration whether people will be motivated to enact that idea, then maybe it is not the most "logical" way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes dear you are on the money now :) Enneagram 5w4 perhaps?

I've come to the same conclusions lately, or somewhat that my view on thing seems to be more correct and as a Fi-dom user that is logic threw the lense of Fi which deals with moral. Compassion + information = evolution seems to be the latest trend around maybe you will find use for your talent in there somewhere :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Exactly. Logic must by definition cover everything. If there is a morality (and it is the conventional standard of morality) the most logical thing is to do is to be moral. The Catholic Church is a great example of this. It is a very legal entity, and there is a strict code of "Moral Law" that is followed. It rationalises that it is a perfectly logical action to put oneself in danger or die for a just cause, for example.
"Morally Good" can be well defined as, "A state that is congruent with the nature of the highest metaphysical reality." It is perfectly logical to follow this standard if it exists, as it is merely following the highest truth, which dictates all other truths.

Essentially, Machiavellian rationality isn't true rationality if there is a moral standard other than what is dictated by simply material reality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts