Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently the ISTPs convinced me that I'm actually an ISFP, I had a lot of misunderstandings about Fi, but I think it makes more sense in my case.

So how am I supposed to really develop my strengths so that I will be a powerful person?

How do I strengthen my introverted feeling, what activities should I practice more often?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Did you adjust your avatar to be more ISFP-ish?
Love the avatar by the way.

Because Fi is the feeling or right or wrong (more or less)** then I am not sure you can strengthen that. But you can practice listening to it, which is just utilizing it more, not necessarily strengthening it.

**Correct me if I am wrong here.

Power is a perception. If people think you are powerful then you are. A multitude of strengths can be used for this purpose. Which strengths/talents of yours are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@BlueGiraffe Thanks, still think you're Ti dom? You should join me. lol :tongue:

I think language is limiting us here, for me, when I utilize something more and make progress toward perfecting its utilization, I am strengthening my skill in it. It's so hard to describe introverted feeling, but I imagine it is quite possible to do so with it in this manner.

Also, power is not necessarily a perception in my opinion. It is the actual ability to influence real things in the way that you want. For example, when I wield a chisel masterfully and shape an object to my liking, I have power over the object, or when I flow gracefully through the forest on my bike, I have power over my bike. I can both effect the material and skillfully control my blows, thus controlling the materials resulting shape or effect the bicycles direction, speed, and overall behavior, controlling my movements through the woods. If I were not so much so powerful, I would be more at the whim of the objects. This could also be practically applied to living entities, being more powerful, more able to control that around me, through using my strengths while others are not fully aware of theirs, I would be better able to effect the perceptions of others to my liking, to shape them, ride them. Though I don't plan on controlling anyone for anything other than their own good. :wink:

I'm not completely sure which strengths/talents I have, but I am better than many at using my body and drawing/visual-spatial tasks. Maybe I'll work on utilizing these more, it does feel so right when I am. Are there naturalistic talents? I'm good at enjoying the Earth. lol

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
"Flow through life like an elegant dancer, each movement beautifully executed."
Have you been suppressing yourself? Or is this a new found thing?

Yes, still a Ti-dom.
I'd call myself an ISFP and people would be like, "ISFP's are so harsh." Ha, ha.

I understand.

Ahh, you didn't mean solely social power.

I'm not completely sure which strengths/talents I have, but I am better than many at using my body and drawing/visual-spatial tasks. Maybe I'll work on utilizing these more, it does feel so right when I am. Are there naturalistic talents? I'm good at enjoying the Earth. lol
Flexibility can do wonders for some people. I know for me, it's made me more confident in my environment. A peace that comes with control.

Reactions: Benja

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Flow through life like an elegant dancer, each movement beautifully executed."
Have you been suppressing yourself? Or is this a new found thing?
I thought it was all just aux Se.

I think studying engineering for so long at college rounded me out a bit.

The stereotypes don't help either, I mean I am quite a mechanic and craftsman, but beauty and physical movement plays a huge part in this that I seem to have been down playing. The inferior Te is what really convinced me though, and my inability to take harsh criticism well. @madhatter 's post here about the inferior functions was the driving force. http://personalitycafe.com/istp-forum-mechanics/95763-istps-into-beauty-values-3.html

I think ISFPs can be harsh, with their feeling being introverted and hidden away.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I thought it was all just aux Se.

I think studying engineering for so long at college rounded me out a bit.

The stereotypes don't help either, I mean I am quite a mechanic and craftsman, but beauty and physical movement plays a huge part in this that I seem to have been down playing. The inferior Te is what really convinced me though, and my inability to take harsh criticism well. @madhatter 's post here about the inferior functions was the driving force. http://personalitycafe.com/istp-forum-mechanics/95763-istps-into-beauty-values-3.html
Ight, ight.

I think ISFPs can be harsh, with their feeling being introverted and hidden away.
In my experiences, yes and no. I have an ISFP friend, whom I deeply like, and if an action lines up with her values then it's fine. (She's pretty spot on with her values.) We had a history teacher that we both disliked in high school. When he was being an ass, we were on the same page ragging on him. It's not that she had emotions that were hidden that enabled her to do that.

On the other hand... collectively throughout the year she'll show that she cares about people. I tend to be insensitive to common issues that people go through. But ... one of our friends died of cancer during middle school and I went to the funeral with my game face on. I was going to sit down and not even flinch. We greeted each other half heartily and she seemed a little mopey. Then during the funeral she kept that state, she might have let out one or two tears, but I was the one who had everything draining out of my face.

Fe fail right there.

Reactions: Benja
1 - 7 of 7 Posts