Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type is Evey Hammond in V for Vendetta?

I think V is INTJ.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just get that vibe from his personality, the way he plans, his determination and his logic. How about the wall to wall books as you enter his house? He was educated and obviously loved reading and learning, as well as arts.

Why do you ask? Do you think he is another type? Please share your thoughts with me Res.

So does anyone know what Evey is? INFX perhaps? I don't know.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I wasn't sure if she was P or J, but I think she was I.

Awesome movie aye. INTJ super heros seem to rock (well at least V and Christian Bale's Batman did).

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I just get that vibe from his personality, the way he plans, his determination and his logic. How about the wall to wall books as you enter his house? He was educated and obviously loved reading and learning, as well as arts.

Why do you ask? Do you think he is another type? Please share your thoughts with me Res.
I ask because I want to hear why you think he is that type. Typing would be an easy process if all we had to do was blindly assign labels to people without explanation.

I have no idea what type he is. I haven't seen the movie itself in ages, but I was curious what you'd have to say. I don't think wall to wall books, being educated, loving reading and learning, as well as arts, mean someone is an INTJ though. Seems like a stereotype but maybe that's just my perception. Who knows.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I didn't see any Fe in him. . .
Then how was he able to alter Evey's perception of herself so much? Or rather, what other method would/could V use to know what he had to do to bring her to believe as he does?

I'm going to say Evey is an ISFP. Here's my logic:

Just the way Evey behaves towards other people in the film would demonstrate her introversion. Ixxx

Think about what it took to transform Evey. V couldn't just explain to her why she should take over in his shoes, and that she could even do it in the first place... He had to SHOW her. He had to put her into a situation and demonstrate what he wanted her to know. ISxx

I think the next part is pretty obvious. The way she reacts to the Fingermen and to finding the girl's notes in her cell demonstrates that she is a feeling type. ISFx.

Now this is the tricky part. We don't really get to see the telltale clutter, or the lack thereof. But many of her behaviors are consistent with ISFPs and perceivers in general. She doesn't react very strongly to finding out that her boss is gay, and (if I remember correctly) she is slightly hesitant to dance with V... She takes a moment to decide (possibly analyzing her Fi?), but still does it. This makes me think she's perceiving. So we'd have ISFP as her type.

Throughout the film, she displays an aesthetic awareness in the way she dresses and the way she reacts to both V's and her boss's little hide-outs. She also is interested in the music in V's jukebox. These things seem to be in line with what I know of ISFPs. So... ISFP?

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
She doesn't react very strongly to finding out that her boss is gay, and (if I remember correctly) she is slightly hesitant to dance with V... She takes a moment to decide (possibly analyzing her Fi?), but still does it.
I hope you don't mean J=more likely homophobic reaction (just checking, no offence ment), I assume you just mean there might be more of a positive OR negative reaction, as opposed to the more Pish taking it in her stride.

And I don't think hesitancy to dance is J/P specific, though I think you got the process behind it right and I agree she's ISFP.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I hope you don't mean J=more likely homophobic reaction (just checking, no offence ment), I assume you just mean there might be more of a positive OR negative reaction, as opposed to the more Pish taking it in her stride.

And I don't think hesitancy to dance is J/P specific, though I think you got the process behind it right and I agree she's ISFP.
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. I've seen both extremely homophobic and extremely favorable reactions from judgers towards homosexuals. Thanks for checking.:wink:

·
Banned
75 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like that quote from the movie in your signature. If there was any doubt as to V's INTJ-ness then that conversation further confirms his type I think.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
V is INFJ. I'm positive of this (though I thought he was an ENTP the first time I read the book).
I think Evey started out as a relatively unhealthy ISFP who morphed into an INxJ at the end when she became the "new" V. But it's hard to tell.
I would agree. Totally INFJ. His entire m.o. is manipulating people. Symbols, and abstractions, beliefs, and people. It is about involving people, manipulating their perceptions, getting them to do the real work. He makes himself into a symbol.

(also, fww, what he did to Evey makes my skin crawl every time. horrible manipulation, and not remotely necessary, either strategically or tactically. I generally react that way to strong demonstrations of Fe. Personal issue, but a good indicator.)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts