Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so this super random, but I am curious. Any ENFPs out there ever live the van life? Or has anyone like seriously considered it?

I'm really seriously considering building out a van so that when I separate from the military I can just screw concentional life and all it's mess. Imma just road trip all of north and south america, find work along the way to sustain myself, and have fun exploring world while not having to pay in to life's ridiculous "necessities" and working myself to death until retirement.

The average "American dream" sounds so much like prison to me.. And I've had enough of fulfilling people's expectations, following strict guidelines, and barely having a say in what I do every day.

Let's take a road trip! Let's meet new people and discover new places every day. Let's stop planning decades ahead, and instead focus on learning the best way to catch our own food in this location, and the best place to sleep tonight. Let's only worry about what we truly need and connect with the people immediately around us. Let's document our adventure so we can show the world that they can do it to, and prove to everyone that the earth and people on it aren't nearly as scary as so many believe ^-^

Ah.. Anyone else in this boat? o_O

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Hell yeah, I mean that's the real dream, right?

I'd live my life like this if I didn't feel guilty about abandoning family for so long... I've had a few friends who have done couch surfing. Recently had one friend I've had since the dawn of time sleep on mine as she travelled Europe, doing odd jobs just to get a bed to sleep on and food to eat.

I had it all planned out as a kid. I was going to do a Gap year, explore as much of the world as I could in one year and on a budget but then the stupid government had other plans and told me "If you don't go to university as soon as you leave school then your tuition fees will be tripled..." and then the rest of the world told me "Once you get a degree you have to settle down and get a job because gap years look bad on the CV"... So I believed them when they said I missed my window.

Now all of that just seems stupid. Met a guy who was probably in his 60s when I was on holiday in Thailand... said that he got to travel the world so much because he'd take a year off inbetween each job. I'm seriously beginning to consider it... quiting and escaping for a year before I set up my own business. Yeah, it's a dream, I'll make it happen.

We should all go on an ENFP road trip together, that'd be cool.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell yeah, I mean that's the real dream, right?

I'd live my life like this if I didn't feel guilty about abandoning family for so long... I've had a few friends who have done couch surfing. Recently had one friend I've had since the dawn of time sleep on mine as she travelled Europe, doing odd jobs just to get a bed to sleep on and food to eat.

I had it all planned out as a kid. I was going to do a Gap year, explore as much of the world as I could in one year and on a budget but then the stupid government had other plans and told me "If you don't go to university as soon as you leave school then your tuition fees will be tripled..." and then the rest of the world told me "Once you get a degree you have to settle down and get a job because gap years look bad on the CV"... So I believed them when they said I missed my window.

Now all of that just seems stupid. Met a guy who was probably in his 60s when I was on holiday in Thailand... said that he got to travel the world so much because he'd take a year off inbetween each job. I'm seriously beginning to consider it... quiting and escaping for a year before I set up my own business. Yeah, it's a dream, I'll make it happen.

We should all go on an ENFP road trip together, that'd be cool.
Can you imagine a MASSIVE squad of ENFPs traveling in a convoy of vans, rvs, campers etc? Imagine the places we would end up, and the things we would end uo doing! That would be the adventure of the lifetime lol

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Can you imagine a MASSIVE squad of ENFPs traveling in a convoy of vans, rvs, campers etc? Imagine the places we would end up, and the things we would end uo doing! That would be the adventure of the lifetime lol

That'd be INSANE. I'm sure we could bring a few ESFPs out on the adventure too.

I discovered a website called Atlasobscura, it hasn't got anywhere near enough stuff on it but the concept is pretty cool. It's just a guide for all the weird slightly more hidden places in the world. I'd love to have a trip that just focused on finding the weird and forgotten things in the world, discovering little gems.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That'd be INSANE. I'm sure we could bring a few ESFPs out on the adventure too.

I discovered a website called Atlasobscura, it hasn't got anywhere near enough stuff on it but the concept is pretty cool. It's just a guide for all the weird slightly more hidden places in the world. I'd love to have a trip that just focused on finding the weird and forgotten things in the world, discovering little gems.
Yes! You should look up this guy om youtube. His chanel name is Kombi Life. He road tripped from chile to alaska, picking uo other travelers along the way he found all kinds of hidden gems (though he respected the locations)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I would fucking LOVEEEE to do that. Maybe I will one day, but I have goals to be getting on with right now. I definitely need to develop my professional abilities and resume for at least a few years consistently so that I have that in the bank to sustain my life and any future ambitions I might have.. Certainly one day I'd love to do that for a year or two.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
His chanel name is Kombi Life.
Yup, first video and I'm sold.

I would fucking LOVEEEE to do that. Maybe I will one day, but I have goals to be getting on with right now. I definitely need to develop my professional abilities and resume for at least a few years consistently so that I have that in the bank to sustain my life and any future ambitions I might have.. Certainly one day I'd love to do that for a year or two.
Yeah, that's the problem 'LIFE' always gets in the way of chaotic free plans and dreams, doesn't it? Where there's a will though there's a way. So long as you don't mind hard work, uncomfortable sleeping and some rough situations... you could live these dreams without all that money. I say this but am I going to do it? Hah, probably not (yet at least).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, first video and I'm sold.

Yeah, that's the problem 'LIFE' always gets in the way of chaotic free plans and dreams, doesn't it? Where there's a will though there's a way. So long as you don't mind hard work, uncomfortable sleeping and some rough situations... you could live these dreams without all that money. I say this but am I going to do it? Hah, probably not (yet at least).
My most current master plan:

Buy van, build it out. Road trip hime after separating from military. Rent rv spot while attending college and/or working full time in one of 2 IT jobs that I have a good foot in the door for.

Live minimally and save up for a year. Put half of that into an empty plot of land, and the other half into a road trip through south america. During that roadtrip, I will dabble in journalism, photography, and vlogging to see if I caj use that as a viable source of income.

I will then come home after as long as possible spent traveling, and decide on what my next move should be. I have some ideas. But I definitely think the traveling life is the life for me ^-^

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Not ENFP but that does sound appealing.

That or living off the grid in a cabin somewhere. :happy:
No cheating! That's an introverts DREAM!

If you come on the road trip with us you have to join in with making friends with strangers, okay?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
My most current master plan:

Buy van, build it out. Road trip hime after separating from military. Rent rv spot while attending college and/or working full time in one of 2 IT jobs that I have a good foot in the door for.

Live minimally and save up for a year. Put half of that into an empty plot of land, and the other half into a road trip through south america. During that roadtrip, I will dabble in journalism, photography, and vlogging to see if I caj use that as a viable source of income.

I will then come home after as long as possible spent traveling, and decide on what my next move should be. I have some ideas. But I definitely think the traveling life is the life for me ^-^

You don't stop there! You keep going for every continent then. ;)

Reactions: pocketDrop

·
Banned
11,471 Posts
No cheating! That's an introverts DREAM!

If you come on the road trip with us you have to join in with making friends with strangers, okay?
:laughing::blushed:

Yes! Ever looked into tiny homes??

I have heard of those, they do sound nice, perhaps a tiny cabin!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don't stop there! You keep going for every continent then. ;)
Oh believe me. That's goal!

Everything sounds so far fetched, but I also want ti back pack europe, and sail the virgian islands.

It sounds insane! BUT!! People do it with no experience. There's reason why I can't either. For the sailing bit.

How cool would that be?? You could even sail to like deserted beaches where there is no light pollution, where the beach has those bio luminescent creatures. Gah that'd be the best date ever. ^-^

Imagination or possible reality? My goal is to find out lol

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Oh believe me. That's goal!

Everything sounds so far fetched, but I also want ti back pack europe, and sail the virgian islands.

It sounds insane! BUT!! People do it with no experience. There's reason why I can't either. For the sailing bit.

How cool would that be?? You could even sail to like deserted beaches where there is no light pollution, where the beach has those bio luminescent creatures. Gah that'd be the best date ever. ^-^

Imagination or possible reality? My goal is to find out lol

I'm sure you could woo anyone for life by bringing them to a beach like that. It's reality, I believe in you. You gotta do it for all the dreamers out there that are too scared to try.

And when did you leave the ENFP crew and join the INFPs? :eek:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And when did you leave the ENFP crew and join the INFPs? :eek:
Lol it actually went in the other direction. Left INFP for ENFP. But I have a really hard time discerning which is more dominant in me, my Ne or Fi. I settles on the idea that my Ne was largely neglected all through growing up, so I was forced to develop my Fi really quickly.

I think there's this constant push and pull between what I've learned to do, to point of it being boarderline unconscious, and what I naturally want to do. I think an ISTJ father, lot's of Adderall and general unacceptance of self starting at a really young age will do that lol

Maybe it's that childhood trauma that is making me want to ditch everything and leave!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@pocketDrop What about, if it's possible, a boating life? This also sounds very appealing to me!

No I have to wipe the drool off my desk :tongue::wink:
That is GORGEOUS!! I love that thought too. It could be like the golden compass!!! That traveling vilage of boats that literally lives from port to port! That would be SO amazing!

And then of course, you coukd always separate from the village and do your own thing. But imagine! A floating party in the middle of the ocean, on the calm waters around the equator???

Reactions: Goetterdaemmerung

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Hmm.. So I plan to settle down and have a family hopefully not to far after my mid-30s (my life plans tend to go roughly the way I think, at least so far anyway), so it would have to be between now and then unless I want to wait until old age. Gives me roughly a decade, and I need career to be in a place where it is stable, a.k.a. I can come back and find the same possibilities waiting for me if/when I choose to return to them, that takes at least a few years.

30 would be a good age dontcha think?? Btw as I'm in Te mode right now I can hear my muffled Ne screaming "do it! do it NOW!" through the do-rag I stuffed in its mouth.

"Shut up Ne, I'm sick of your backchatting.. we've got to be responsible.."
-BUT IT WOULD BE BRILLIANT, you knowww you want to *wink* *nudge*
"NO! This is the gameplan, it's fullproof, we can go on shorter traveling trips in between when we have holidays. Now SIT your ass down"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts