Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response the magority of people constantly connecting the ENFP personality type to the 7 personality type I decided to list different possibilities of ENFP variations as I'm tired of the concept that ENFPs almsot always have to be Type 7s or that Type 8 ENFPs aren't likey (I find it quite the natural combination). I have nothing against Type 7 ENFPs just though I'd try my lot at throwing out some ideas of what ENFPs of the different Enneatypes may be like.

Type 1 - Type 1 ENFPs may tend to organize their inner and outer world by their sense of perfection, both physical and moral. They may be seen as overly neat and tidy and perfectionistic with a driving need to set up things the way they see fit which can annoy some people and keep others in check. Their Fi will probably be more developed then most other ENFPs and as such they're vision of the world will be highly idealistic, where a perfect world would be on that matches their moral standards. A Type 1 ENFP's leadership style is likely to be agressive and morally driven, getting others to see their point of view and attempting to lead into a more perfect world.

Type 2 - Type 2 ENFPs are likely to embody the general conception of the ENFP personality as a people loving socialite who is very warm, charming and loving towards others. They might be seen as the type of individual who really finds a special place in your heart and who always knows that to say at exactly the right time to cheer you up. Their world view is likely to be based around touching as many people's lives in a positive fashion as possible and being loved by their community or the world as well having a thirst to explore their own feelings and those of others. A Type 2 ENFP's leadership style is likely to be directly from the heart and based around making others feel as happy as possible and guiding them into leading positive lives.

Type 3 - Type 3 ENFPs are often the life of the party, with seemingly an innate sense for entertaining and gaining popularity and fame often in very creative ways. They would likely be admired be people for their drive and confidence and seen as positive people who know where they are going in life and they are going towards big things. In some cases they might be viewed as superficial or egotistical and may sometimes neglect their true feelings in order to play others or to avoid losing confidence. They will likely utilize their vast access to Ne to propel them in their chosen career and become well known to the world or at least their community and thus their world view is almost always based around them reaching their desired success and status in the world. A Type 3 ENFP's leadership style is likely to be very charismatic and personal goal oriented in some cases they may manipulate others to climb higher on the ladder although if they are more healthy in nature they exude great confidence and inspire others to follow in their path.

Type 4 - Type 4 ENFP's represent a strong individualistic and independent free spirit mind set driven to be unqiue and carve their own place seperate from common labels of society. Some people would view them as wierd or even stuck up for their nonconformist attitude would bring them to take different paths from the norm with the risk of potentially beggining to see all others not like them as "lesser". Their view of the world will often be quite different from what is commonly accepted and they may even base their lives around pushing the boundries of society and rallying others to the call of rebellion against the mundane, but because they need to view themselves as unique and special if their reflection does not fit the image desire they may become overly focused on pushing themselves to fit their own mental image of what they need to be and if they never attain it this could lead to depression. A Type 4 ENFP's leadership style would most often be centered around either finding individuals who are similiar to the ENFP in personality and style as to create a sort of union or alternatelively directed and gaining followers completely different from themselves but who admire them for that reason, because of their innate creativy and heart based center they would also likely teach others of the lessons they learned in life and form new philosophies along the course of their life.

Type 5 - Type 5 ENFPs are the fiercely independent and inquisitive brand of ENFPs who seek out knowledge and let their intuition guide them in their endless quest. They may be seen as less extroverted then the rest of their kin and more reserved but when people become close friends with them they get to know a very wise and insightful individual. Their Ne flourishes within their minds constantly exploring new ideas and attempt to organize the external world and search for reasons and answers and thus due to their intellectual nature they will often develop highly trained Ni as well and most likely end up coming off as a thinker to others. Their view of the world is constantly expanding and shifting just as the universe is itself, they desire to become attuned to nature and tap into its secrets thus they truly think on a universal level. A Type 5 ENFP's leadership style will most likely be presented in a very scholarly form and attract followers who are keen in mind and with their great wisdom and insight will lead others intellectually, therefore these are often the ENFPs who bring about mental or philosophical change in the world like Ralph Waldo Emerson for example.

Type 6 - Type 6 ENFP's can be quite confusing or convulted individuals who at their core at very loyal and responsible people driven by their compassion as well as their fear or paranoia (if present). They may be seen as multi faceted people by some as unless the individual is in touch with their feelings they will be quite impulsive and convuluted, but when they are more balanced they will search for and provide security, they are likely to have more apparent Si then other members of the same type. Their world view is likely to be highly personalized and quickly shift between negative and positive based on their moods, when confident (maybe even arrogant) in their self and their purpose they will easily be able use the strength of their personality to reform upheld systems and reastablish them for the better in favor of the individual. A Type 6 ENFP's leadership style would appear bold and challenging, even arrogant in some cases and they will often explore new systems and styles all the while providing security to their friends and followers and recieving the same comfort in return.

Type 7 - Type 7 ENFPs are the kind that take in life all about them with an attitude of confidence reinforced by positive, they will often be very spontaneous and creative. They may commonly be viewed as very adventurous and fantastical people who are seen as absentminded or unrealistic and childish to those of a more concrete nature, and this adventureous spirit causes them to be very curious about life and people. Their world view is likely to be taken in the mindset that life is a stage and everyone actors with their own parts of which they make for themselves, and so they will openly explore the world and all its posibilities and over time develop very strong opinions about it and from then on will defend their ideals and impose them to others with great enthusiasm, if they see the world from a negative perspective they may seek to change it or if they possess a positive perception then they make seek to join in its harmony. A Type 7 ENFP's leadership style would be very encompassing and inviting and they would use their natural charm to form groups of fellow adventurers who will join them on their quest to explore and change the world and thus they are very charismatic leaders and very well liked.

Type 8 - Type 8 ENFPs are very confident and proud individuals who are more aggresive and confrontational then what most would imagine of ENFPs and yet they embody the very essence of the common ENFP spirit to avoid be controlled and use their insight into all the paths and options to take control of themselves, their lives and the world. They may be seen by their peers as very ambitious and driven and they will be admired by some but they may also be looked on with disdain for being self centered, arrogant, or domineering but deep down they want to help others lead happy lives and teach them to become more independent. Their world view is heavily influenced by their desire and need to take control and in many cases power and so their vision of the world is based around them gaining control and a high position of influence in order to use their power to make their mark on the world and change it for the better. A Type 8 ENFP's leadership style would be very decisive and future based in that their Ne and Te would likely be well developed and thus allowing them to plan ahead well for the possible options, even though they want to see others become strong leaders themselves they would also make sure to maintain their position of dominance in social atmospheres and often play mind games to assure this and in so they can be very volatile leaders if not well balanced or morally driven people.

Type 9 - Type 9 ENFPs combine the force of their feelings and intuition with their proficiency in thinking and logic to create harmony in social situations and search for inner peace of mind along with this external harmony. They are quite often seen as the most accepting of people and are looked upon as pillars of structure and safety which offer protection and wisdom to those who ask although when it comes to day to day life they are likely to be out of focus with such activity's and seem less focuses then others. Their view of the world is based on a concept of order and simplicity in the universe and the belief that man as part of nature reflects its essence and so they not only seek inner peace and serenity but also seek to establish functioning systems in the global political world that allow as much balance and freedom as possible and in their personal lives will gennerally prefer to cast away thoughts and desires they see as superficial in favor of simple things in life and love and joy among friends, family and lovers. A Type 9 ENFP's leadership style would be very efficient in keeping everyone around them content and avoiding conflict between people so that peace can flow freely and enlighten and with their natural attunement to nature as well as their own functions these feats of social harmony are gennerally easily accomplished.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Type 7 - sounds a lot like me when I was younger. All high energy, dragging others along or leaving them dumbstruck in my wake. I always had a posse or at least a trusted compatriot on my adventures.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
What a bull shit thread. There are many who would deem it unwise to combine MBTI and enneagram in such a way. I just... this is stereotypical bull shit... bah >.<' Just calling it like I see it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
What a bull shit thread. There are many who would deem it unwise to combine MBTI and enneagram in such a way. I just... this is stereotypical bull shit... bah >.<' Just calling it like I see it.
You've officially been here too long, you grumpy old man. :laughing:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Why don't you explain in depth the enneagram types and how they might relate to people with ENFP personalities or voice your disagreement without expletives.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Why don't you explain in depth the enneagram types and how they might relate to people with ENFP personalities or voice your disagreement without expletives.
If this thread belonged to you, I might try to do things the way you'd like. But since it's not, and since it's an old thread that somehow a lot of people seemed to like, I figured I'd just make my point sweet and short. The point is that many would deem it unwise to try to combine enneagram and MBTI in such a manner. And if you think for two seconds that the original post isn't mostly comprised of stereotypical bull shit, you're very wrong. I'd hate to assume you're a total personality theory n00b based on your post count and PerC join date (it just doesn't seem fair to judge based on that), but I suppose you have the right to try to prove me wrong :) Oh, and if words like "bull shit" bother you, then PerC is definitely not the place for you. People around here like saying words like fuck... shit... damn... cunt... y'know?

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
You've officially been here too long, you grumpy old man. :laughing:
It's true. There was just way too much fuck up for me to even know where to begin. The amount of fuck up was so overwhelming that it damn near depressed me upon reading it, lol xD And that should be my post rank. "Grumpy Old Man" suits me ^.^

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
It's true. There was just way too much fuck up for me to even know where to begin. The amount of fuck up was so overwhelming that it damn near depressed me upon reading it, lol xD And that should be my post rank. "Grumpy Old Man" suits me ^.^
Yeah, I know how you feel. It's why I've strayed away from these parts lately.

Reactions: Ace Face

·
Registered
640 Posts
If this thread belonged to you, I might try to do things the way you'd like. But since it's not, and since it's an old thread that somehow a lot of people seemed to like, I figured I'd just make my point sweet and short. The point is that many would deem it unwise to try to combine enneagram and MBTI in such a manner. And if you think for two seconds that the original post isn't mostly comprised of stereotypical bull shit, you're very wrong. I'd hate to assume you're a total personality theory n00b based on your post count and PerC join date (it just doesn't seem fair to judge based on that), but I suppose you have the right to try to prove me wrong :) Oh, and if words like "bull shit" bother you, then PerC is definitely not the place for you. People around here like saying words like fuck... shit... damn... cunt... y'know?
Be sure not to assume I agree with the original poster in anyway. AND I do not agree with the OP. I pointed out what I think is your incorrect behavior (by suggesting a more correct one), and it should not be assumed that I am doing so to come to the defense of the OP, thereby indicating my agreement with the OP.

The word bullshit doesn't bother me. Stupid people bother me. Stupid people that are highly vocal bother me more highly. You are a one trick pony full of a bunch of hollow "shock-effect" bullshit. Your Blue Collar dad/uncle's skull and cross bones tatoo and your unapologetic attitude doesn't make you a bad ass.

You wouldn't say a god damn thing to my face. And yes that does give me solace.

As far as advising me whether or not to be on PerC, I'll do whatever the fuck I want and have no interest in your friendly suggestions. Now I'm not mad; I'm just using your metric and showing you how much of a bad ass I am. Remember I don't care what you think; I don't care what they think; I'm a maverick; I'm shocking!

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Be sure not to assume I agree with the original poster in anyway. AND I do not agree with the OP. I pointed out what I think is your incorrect behavior (by suggesting a more correct one), and it should not be assumed that I am doing so to come to the defense of the OP, thereby indicating my agreement with the OP.

The word bullshit doesn't bother me. Stupid people bother me. Stupid people that are highly vocal bother me more highly. You are a one trick pony full of a bunch of hollow "shock-effect" bullshit. Your Blue Collar dad/uncle's skull and cross bones tatoo and your unapologetic attitude doesn't make you a bad ass.

You wouldn't say a god damn thing to my face. And yes that does give me solace.

As far as advising me whether or not to be on PerC, I'll do whatever the fuck I want and have no interest in your friendly suggestions. Now I'm not mad; I'm just using your metric and showing you how much of a bad ass I am. Remember I don't care what you think; I don't care what they think; I'm a maverick; I'm shocking!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts