Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Registered
Exfj

I get pissed off at people I have never met as an uninteresting people, but some are entertaining. I am mad at the fact that these people who I have never met as some of the worst people I have met. They are messy and they constantly have a desire for attention and when they get attention by telling people what they did, they get mad when people talk about it, the best answer is to keep it to yourself and people won't talk about you or you accuse of talking about them.

Registered
ESTJ yup

I am really fucking annoyed with my works politics. The building director of operations in no way cares to acknowledge how lazy the supervisors are. He has had numerous things brought to his attention about blatant outright dishonoring of peoples schedules. Sat at our work meeting had the nerve to tell all us employees putting in double time because of a huge turnover (as a result of the scheduling), had the nerve to look at us all in a meeting and praise the supervisor causing the problems in front of all the staff who have reported her dishonoring their schedules to him. (So almost slapping us all in the face after reporting her for her schedule abuse, he praises her). Then lectured all of us on team work and the big picture. While showing us a wide open spaced schedule telling all of us who are on double time he would mandate shifts if we did not volunteer to pick them up (despite that being against company policy). He then went on to tell us we need to help out this supervisor who does not honor being on call when someone calls in and just leaves staff on shift to stay despite it being her job to come in or replace. And we are fucking told to look at the big picture. Is this dude for real. If you lose 1/3 of your staff in two weeks its not us its something else. And instead of actually acknowledge any fucking issues staff reports you praise this person who is the source of the problem. Tell us to look at the big fucking picture. Dude you look at the big fucking picture. Oh wait your too busy texting this supervisor pictures of the dogs you guys got from the same liter and sharing inside jokes and leaving extra early from work hours. Right. Oh and its the holidays and you take EXTRA days off during this time we are supposed to look at the big picture and we get mandated hours on top of doubles. Right. Well I already know of 4 other staff putting in their notice that will leave us at about 1/2 turn over in a month, but I sure fucking hope you all had a fantastic fucking holidays. And oh yeah seriously a fucking measily $10 Subways gift card right now to all of us, your kidding right? And seriously how could you defend a supervisor like this who has the nerve to call in 'sick' during all this which could have been avoided if she honored peoples schedules instead of abuse her scheduling. How can you give such a lazy supervisor so much power and ignore the needs or problems within your staffs floor. Seriously your supervisor is so fucking stupid she told a pregnant chick whose water broke early that she needed to find a replacement before she could leave (shes a fucking idiot that violates laws ya dipshit and your enabling this idiocy). I sure hope shes fucking you or sucking you off, there better be some good reason you have your head up your subordinates ass when shes losing half your employees.

Dude I can overlook alot just to get my hours and bide my time. But this is absurd. And I really dont think you should fuck with me considering my position with this company. Considering I had this chicks job and was praised for a job well done when I left before for a bit before you were here, and I know your boss and the CEO and human resource department better then you, I would think you would probably try and put on a better face. Dude your boss the Vice President of the company hired me personally and loves me and hey I am sorry she forced you to hire me back and compromise your corrupt floor. You think your BS will make me quit, at this point not till after I see this bitch fired for unethical practice, and you looking like a dipshit when your down to 1/3 employees. Yup then I will happily leave. Mother Fucker talk down to me. You'll see. Are you fucking stupid dude, I wouldnt patronize someone with as much influence with all the staff and management much higher then you. I am going to continue and bide my time getting my ducks in a row. :laughing: Hey I have riled up at least 4 girls your ignoring and allowing your supervisor to rudely abuse their schedules sure their reports will all be in to HR. Keep it up Mother Fucker. I know how to work hard, and play what ever game is dished. I am just waiting for my enrollment back into school and such. You could have played nice and I probably could have used my persuasive influence with staff to have them be your allies had you not undermined all of our needs to defend what we can all only assume is your BJ assistant. I cant wait til the script is flipped. Meow mother fucker you wanna play, then lets play. Good luck. I am smarter then most and wont just abruptly quit without offering an exit interview. Nope I will make sure to expose all this shit before I walk out the door. Keep pushing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
@SensationalCinnamon The whole rant sounds ENTP, except the complaints about workong schedule vs. The "bigger picture". That sounds ESTx. My guess is still ENTP, though, because sometimes Ns could get tired of the bigger picture for their reasons - like problems at work. But, i mean, we can all see that you're a "very introverted ESTP" already ����

Btw i hope the supervisor gets out of your life soon. Best of luck, bro :p

Registered
Hmm, i guess talking more about Sensors' creativity than iNtuitives' athleticism is due to how many more Sensors feel criticized/prejudiced than iNtuitives. N types have enough to think about with all that N bias, they don't feel the need to worry about not being viewed as athletic. But you're right, i know tons of N people who are VERY athletic. Meanwhile, i'm nowhere near athletic :laughing:
N types are also doing it. I think it might be out of guilt of their 'privilege' and not wanting to be seen as typist. I don't know why N types don't want to become better in general (at least here) since their focus is entirely based on possibilities. Also the first post on page 4 would probably be booed at if reversed to "S types can be intelligent, innovative and creative as long as they develop their N functions."

Nothing negative or positive should be explicitly associated with all people from one type or one culture. The "official ideology" thing is stupid.
To be fair, I see the ideology being used to protect the image of one's type while trying to appear polite out of guilt (see above). To make an analogy with types and ideology "While not all Muslims are terrorists, all terrorists are Muslims." They refuse to have someone of their type in a contrasting point of view. Defying this will lead to being called stupid, brain-washed, ignorant, mistyped, or all of the above.

These problems occur within almost every site, i believe, that is not as popular as Facebook and the like. It's sad, though. What can we do to change all this? Spam the forums with protest threads and get banned for spamming? I like rules because they prevent things from falling into chaos, but at this point, rules are preventing positive and truthful change, as you said.
I really cannot see the law saving us. I found a statement here which debunks any way an authority figure can resolve the issue

When someone is to be punished for hate speech, the courts have the ability to decide what speech is hate speech or not, as the definition is very broad and open for interpretation, and that means that the courts are imposing their own moral values onto the people. The courts are, in effect, saying that certain words are morally reprehensible by punishing people for hate speech. Why should the small groups of people (the courts) get to decide what is morally correct and incorrect for the people?
What if the courts want to make to punish you for not recognizing my right to identify as a super saiyan? or a namekian? What if a bunch of people decided to start their own DBZ race identity movement and have courts favor them?

It's true, though, it's as if people don't want to improve. I wish we could be more open-minded, especially open to different perspectives and possible improvements.
I really can't say all cultural values should be respected as some may go against the views we cherish. This isn't to say I hate anything different; I won't hate someone for liking pink when I like blue. The values that do irk me are the ones by groups who are doing poorly on a socioeconomic and educational level. What angers me even more is how some are called uncle toms if they think like the more successful groups. The mentality of the opulent and articulate are open for all colors of people.

But these things are too..broad, i guess, for us to improve right now. Where do you think we could do something in our daily lives to change them, starting from a small detail and then working our way up to the bigger picture?
With the site we can't much with the monitors. With the type-ideology dilemma, we could start a thread focusing specifically on the issue and having the chance to critique any claims on how a type cannot hold a view while the type is also thinking independent and intelligently. For the cultural issues, there has been a post about unpopular opinions where there should a license to procreate. We should study the values of the most successful of society and prosperous of societies based on these dimensions. Of course, factors such as access to natural resources should be considered for countries as well as the upbringing of the most successful people. For people I'm uncertain but for countries we could create a math formula with the dimensions, natural resources, and economic diversity resulting in the HDI of a nation.

P.S. Anyone care to type me based on my vent? :happy:

Banned
@Grandalf
You're an INTJ, and I like you :)

Ahhh I love this idea! How cute and creative!

Ok ok a rant...let's see

I especially hate pretentious people who feel they're smarter/wiser/deeper than everyone else because they're suffering from special snowflake syndrome. People are complex and interesting. Just because a person doesn't have the same obscure interests as you, or they think or act differently from you doesn't make them intellectually inferior to you. Be patient and learn to appreciate those who are different from you.

Wow I'm so boring and entirely too stereotypical; I should be easy...

Banned
@MessyJessie103 can you listen to my rant now? you are committed to positive and truthful change, right?
It's amusing, the tendencies you described in the first two paragraphs could be likened to macro vs micro racism. Everyone agrees big things like state sponsored segregation, racial slavery, and racially incentivized violence (e.g. genocide) is bad, but lesser actions like cracking "good natured" racial jokes and crossing the street whenever you see a person of color on the sidewalk are more tolerable.

Anyway my point: it's within human nature to categorize. It's evolutionarily advantagous that way, but society changes faster than our evolutionary skills do, I think. We're slow to catch up and modify ourselves. So we recognize the "big" things where our categorization fails - the things that lead to obviously bad outcomes. But the more subtle, less immediate things are harder to catch. They don't pose as great a danger to us, so it doesn't require immediate modification.

It's the same concept that plays out in various expressions, be it in 21st century racism as we know it today, or in typism as evidenced on here.

You're right to challenge the double standard. Change, in this case, I believe, happens when we stop only looking at the outcome (e.g. discrimination), but challenge the cause (the negative way of thinking) that leads to the outcome as well. In this way, we're more valiant in and adept at recognizing and refuting the same principles that play out in different expressions.

I hate having to write lengthy posts...I get bored halfway through and convince myself no one actually cares about what I have to say :p But what I really wanted to respond to was this:

"Also the reluctance to change a culture for the better is sickening with the rise of a flawed version of multiculturalism. Material culture such as food and architecture should be open to all cultures but values and mindset should only be picked from those that have allowed the practitioners to ascend."

^^^^^

I'm a multicultural individual myself, and I agree, all cultures are not morally or practically equivalent, and it isn't narrow-minded or ignorant to say it. I'm not saying we can easily label one culture as "bad" or another as "good" because all cultures have both good and bad elements. However, some cultures can have specifically hindering traits, while others can have specifically admirable and prosperous traits. The best way to support positive multiculturalism is to selectively support the admirable traits of both cultures while refusing the detrimental ones.

Note: I don't know who this person is or what was said about Native Americans, so I refuse to comment on that one...

Registered
It's amusing, the tendencies you described in the first two paragraphs could be likened to macro vs micro racism. Everyone agrees big things like state sponsored segregation, racial slavery, and racially incentivized violence (e.g. genocide) is bad, but lesser actions like cracking "good natured" racial jokes and crossing the street whenever you see a person of color on the sidewalk are more tolerable.
It may not be the taboo being big that is negatively perceived but rather how it's presented to us. I'm sure many would label Hitler's holocaust as being worse than Stalin's purges despite the latter killing more people (as some historians claim). An incident of micro racism could receive more spite than the Armenian genocide if repeated over and over again as with the Holocaust.

Anyway my point: it's within human nature to categorize. It's evolutionarily advantagous that way, but society changes faster than our evolutionary skills do, I think. We're slow to catch up and modify ourselves. So we recognize the "big" things where our categorization fails - the things that lead to obviously bad outcomes. But the more subtle, less immediate things are harder to catch. They don't pose as great a danger to us, so it doesn't require immediate modification.
As stated before, doesn't have to be but rather immediate and sensationally presented. I'm contempt with the first two sentences as it seems to justify the crime. While categorizing people as good/neutral/bad is likely inevitable it's not smart to do so based on a piece of skin.

You're right to challenge the double standard. Change, in this case, I believe, happens when we stop only looking at the outcome (e.g. discrimination), but challenge the cause (the negative way of thinking) that leads to the outcome as well. In this way, we're more valiant in and adept at recognizing and refuting the same principles that play out in different expressions.
Thanks for agreeing =)

I'm a multicultural individual myself, and I agree, all cultures are not morally or practically equivalent, and it isn't narrow-minded or ignorant to say it. I'm not saying we can easily label one culture as "bad" or another as "good" because all cultures have both good and bad elements. However, some cultures can have specifically hindering traits, while others can have specifically admirable and prosperous traits. The best way to support positive multiculturalism is to selectively support the admirable traits of both cultures while refusing the detrimental ones.
My point exactly do I refer to myself for as a SEMI-multiculturist.

Note: I don't know who this person is or what was said about Native Americans, so I refuse to comment on that one...
He stated that Native Americans are practically communistic and hate ambition. May be due to resentment of how ambitious and individualist American and Western culture is. As I last wrote, I'm a latino and act and think more like a westerner in order to advance in life. If you can't beat em, join em.

You come off as an Fe type from first vent. Couldn't find anything regarding N/S axis.

Two questions:
1) how do say you like someone based on a few posts? i know ur most likely saying you admire my views but i never got how one jumps to such a conclusion
2) did you type me based solely on my post(s) or the signature as well?

Registered
@Grandalf
Ok ok a rant...let's see

I especially hate pretentious people who feel they're smarter/wiser/deeper than everyone else because they're suffering from special snowflake syndrome. People are complex and interesting. Just because a person doesn't have the same obscure interests as you, or they think or act differently from you doesn't make them intellectually inferior to you. Be patient and learn to appreciate those who are different from you.

I'm going to go with ENFJ for you. You seem to want people to appreciate people of all sorts (even though you claim to "hate" people with special snowflake syndrome who look down on others). Seems fairly open and outgoing and Fe.

Here is my rant (adjusted from an actual rant I made recently):

Seriously? You went out of your way to give "The Chase" a bad review on IMDB because you were personally insulted about its intelligent design aspect? Star Trek's "programmed DNA" (I assume it is a lineage programmed to accept mutations only within specific bounds) is actually something that helps explain this otherwise impossible universe.

I'm the furthest thing from a creationist or intelligent design activist. My education is in geology, and I despise creationism and intelligent design in general. Our latest governor made a comment about how schools should teach creationism because it says "Creator" in our constitution, and I spent a lot of time ranting about that one to many different people.

You say "But there is convergent evolution to explain it!" The Star Trek aliens are not like sharks and dolphins, or birds and bats. It's not just the ridiculous similarity in things like intelligence, all the details are far too similar. They are similar to the point that they can interbreed. They can interbreed *accidentally,* even! Interbreed, accidentally, *with fertile offspring!* This requires far too much similarity between their genetic codes for natural evolution (and keep in mind that with each generation that two lineages are separated, they accumulate more differences in their DNA. Even if they look superficially alike, they will grow further and further apart at the level of the DNA, and there can't be two many accumulated differences at that level if you want to maintain the ability to breed), and I would actually be unhappy if Star Trek used convergent evolution as an explanation. It is utterly impossible.

In this Sci-Fi world, I think to maintain this level of closeness between species (and their nifty representation of our own battles between nations), they have to go an "evolutionary path that is programmed by aliens that came before" route. It is a bit irritating in the way it converges with the "Aliens built the pyramids!" and intelligent design bozos, but it would be a lot more irritating if they tried to use God(s) or convergent evolution because God(s) are more offensive to reason (this is a Sci-Fi world, not fantasy...mostly) than another alien race, and convergent evolution makes no sense with the extreme detailed similarity and rules they use for their alien species.

Stop using your emotions for a minute and think and maybe you would see that your suggestions are ludicrous and would cause an even less rational universe if people pay you any attention.

Banned
It may not be the taboo being big that is negatively perceived but rather how it's presented to us. I'm sure many would label Hitler's holocaust as being worse than Stalin's purges despite the latter killing more people (as some historians claim). An incident of micro racism could receive more spite than the Armenian genocide if repeated over and over again as with the Holocaust.

As stated before, doesn't have to be but rather immediate and sensationally presented. I'm contempt with the first two sentences as it seems to justify the crime. While categorizing people as good/neutral/bad is likely inevitable it's not smart to do so based on a piece of skin.
Lol, I knew you wouldn't like them as I was typing them. Not excusing, simply explaining as a basis for me to build the rest of my point :)

I would agree with you, but I would also add a third element: proximity (or relevance). For instance, the Christmas bombings and killing by Boko Haram in Nigeria was objectively more brutal than the France killings but one received instant universal protests than the other. Why? Because France is considered more like "us" than Nigeria I guess. I suppose there's also a bit of contrast. I suppose people are so used to hearing about horrible things happening in Africa that perhaps it becomes more of the "norm" (unfortunately).

He stated that Native Americans are practically communistic and hate ambition. May be due to resentment of how ambitious and individualist American and Western culture is. As I last wrote, I'm a latino and act and think more like a westerner in order to advance in life. If you can't beat em, join em.
Ok I get where he's coming from. My view has always been, when approaching multiculturalism, take the good of both cultures to make yourself a stronger individual. There are always two ways to look at things. The "hate ambition" could also simultaneously mean "have a more relaxed acceptance of life's current conditions". So you could keep the "relaxed" outlook and merge it with individual drive (to make you a more superior, evolved cultural mutant ;) )

You come off as an Fe type from first vent. Couldn't find anything regarding N/S axis.
Guilty!

Two questions:
1) how do say you like someone based on a few posts? i know ur most likely saying you admire my views but i never got how one jumps to such a conclusion
2) did you type me based solely on my post(s) or the signature as well?
Lol

1. Well each person has a "vibe", and I like the one you give off based on how you think (as evidenced in your views). You strike me as an individual who thinks deeply about things, but also does so from an understanding perspective (the latter is more important to me). I feel like you're the kind of person who could engage with me in a deep conversation, and even if I felt like I was lagging behind, you'd still be patient with me and interested in entertaining my perspectives.

Idk I could be wrong, but I'd like to think I'm not ;)

2. I ventured into the INTJ forums last year, and your thought process reminded me a lot of what I'd observed there! I would've also possibly guessed INTP because it sounds like some Ti in there, but there's a sense of urgency and purpose in your posts (what can we do now to change it) that reminds me more of NiTe.

Banned
I'm going to go with ENFJ for you. You seem to want people to appreciate people of all sorts (even though you claim to "hate" people with special snowflake syndrome who look down on others). Seems fairly open and outgoing and Fe.

Here is my rant (adjusted from an actual rant I made recently):

Seriously? You went out of your way to give "The Chase" a bad review on IMDB because you were personally insulted about its intelligent design aspect? Star Trek's "programmed DNA" (I assume it is a lineage programmed to accept mutations only within specific bounds) is actually something that helps explain this otherwise impossible universe.

I'm the furthest thing from a creationist or intelligent design activist. My education is in geology, and I despise creationism and intelligent design in general. Our latest governor made a comment about how schools should teach creationism because it says "Creator" in our constitution, and I spent a lot of time ranting about that one to many different people.

You say "But there is convergent evolution to explain it!" The Star Trek aliens are not like sharks and dolphins, or birds and bats. It's not just the ridiculous similarity in things like intelligence, all the details are far too similar. They are similar to the point that they can interbreed. They can interbreed *accidentally,* even! Interbreed, accidentally, *with fertile offspring!* This requires far too much similarity between their genetic codes for natural evolution (and keep in mind that with each generation that two lineages are separated, they accumulate more differences in their DNA. Even if they look superficially alike, they will grow further and further apart at the level of the DNA, and there can't be two many accumulated differences at that level if you want to maintain the ability to breed), and I would actually be unhappy if Star Trek used convergent evolution as an explanation. It is utterly impossible.

In this Sci-Fi world, I think to maintain this level of closeness between species (and their nifty representation of our own battles between nations), they have to go an "evolutionary path that is programmed by aliens that came before" route. It is a bit irritating in the way it converges with the "Aliens built the pyramids!" and intelligent design bozos, but it would be a lot more irritating if they tried to use God(s) or convergent evolution because God(s) are more offensive to reason (this is a Sci-Fi world, not fantasy...mostly) than another alien race, and convergent evolution makes no sense with the extreme detailed similarity and rules they use for their alien species.

Stop using your emotions for a minute and think and maybe you would see that your suggestions are ludicrous and would cause an even less rational universe if people pay you any attention.
Close! ESFJ :)

Oh my goodness the INTP is strong in this one ;)

The catch about my disdain of special snowflake syndrome was very Ti.

The way your paragraphs are structured says Ti, because you take the time to present, lay down, and further build your arguments. The very last sentence was Ti all the way.

And then Ne because you're entertaining multiple perspectives of the same issue to further enhance your argument.

Registered
Close! ESFJ :)

Oh my goodness the INTP is strong in this one ;)

The catch about my disdain of special snowflake syndrome was very Ti.

The way your paragraphs are structured says Ti, because you take the time to present, lay down, and further build your arguments. The very last sentence was Ti all the way.

And then Ne because you're entertaining multiple perspectives of the same issue to further enhance your argument.
I was so close with yours. I was down to deciding between ENFJ and ESFJ and went with NF over SJ due to the "It takes all kinds to make a world" view at the end.

Also, I just noticed in my rant: "and there can't be two many accumulated differences..." "Two" many? Really, Kelpie? I deserve to be smacked for that one.

bleh bleh-BLEH
@Grandalf
You're an INTJ, and I like you :)

Ahhh I love this idea! How cute and creative!

Ok ok a rant...let's see

Wasn't sure who's vent I had to do but this was the last post I felt that was blatantly a vent. Not just a response. If I skipped you, tag me and post/quote the vent that was skipped and I'll gladly do it. Anyway, my guess: an INFP surrounded by special snowflake INFPs who's finally gotten fed up. And if not an INFP, certainly a 9 at the very least as there are some Fe indicators and a lot of people tend to find Fe and 9 synonymous. :kitteh: INFP 9w1 > 5w4 > 2w3 so/sp?

VENT: Ironical, isn't it? But I honestly really fucking hate people who complain and don't take initiative to troubleshoot the fucking problem. I suppose it can vary depending on the context of the situation but for the lighter and more solvable problems, don't just ruminate and wallow in a mist of your own self-pity. It's pathetic. I know we all have our ways of coping but if you claim you want to make a situation better but don't bother to look into yourself to fix it, (figuratively, of course - inconspicuous and progressively aggressive WINK WINK) then what do you even plan on doing? No one's gonna fix you if you can't fix yourself. Or, at the very least, your attitude. It's counterproductive and adds unnecessary drama, which a lot of us need less of with the world we live in right now being in mind.

Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
ESTJ

My vent:
All I did was walk into a room and people are looking at me. Stop it. Leave me alone. Okay, I guess I do the same thing when somebody enters the room. Whatever.

Registered
Some sort of annoyed IxTx user

Please please please. I'm tired of hearing you naive spoiled kids complain about everything! I understand life can be really intimidating and overwhelming sometimes. But you haven't even tried something yet and you're already complaining about it. Responsibility at school and life is different from being a slave! I've never even seen you try hard in life yet you complain like the school is treating you like a slave! Grow up! Take responsibility in your own life! If you can't, then fine. But don't complain if life gives you what you deserve for not being responsible!

Registered
ESTJ

rant: I hate it when I'm hungry and there is no tasty food, only shitty food. I couldn't sleep, it was 4 a.m. I was wating for 6 a.m so I could go out and buy something tasty, anything. When it hit 5:30 I realize there were giant size chicken nuggets in the fridge. I ate them all. God damn, being hungry is no joke. Kids in Africa suffer a lot.

Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
ISFJ

My vent:
All I did was walk into a room and people are looking at me. Stop it. Leave me alone. Okay, I guess I do the same thing when somebody enters the room. Whatever.
I'm putting this up again because I'm hoping for something more definitive than just IxTx.

Registered
Eh, I probably would have guessed INFP actually. INTJ as another possibility, perhaps. Definite use of Fi though.

I'm not really frustrated (though in a way, I am, simply out of confusion. But it's not a bad situation I'm in.) I pretty much have no idea what's going on in my life anymore, assuming I ever did and wasn't formally just fooling myself into thinking I understood what my identity is/what my place is. In this particular case which I won't go into detail about, I've been acting on instinct and/or impulse so much that I can't really keep up with what my feelings are about it. And I'm enjoying myself. But in the back of my mind I feel like I should be focusing a little more on what could end up happening, just because if things go south, I don't wanna be shocked and upset by the sudden change. At the same time, I really don't want to get so caught up in a prediction that I stop appreciating how fun things are in the present day.

It's like I'm good with not knowing exactly how things will end up now. I don't care if it lasts forever or not. But that's because I'm not anticipating myself getting hurt when I know very well I could, at any random time. And if/when it does, I don't want to wind up telling myself how different things could have been if I'd just thought further ahead. I don't want to feel bad about all the fun I'd had prior to.

May Child
Either high Se or inferior Se in a grip...I'm going to take a guess and say ISFP or INFJ?

Mine not really a vent as such because I'm not mad at anyone just the situation. I understand that important obligations come up, but boy is it a mood dampener to be cancelled on just after you finish getting ready which takes you about an hour since you never go out and need to re do your makeup 3 times. At least this gives me more time to get some work done.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts