Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I'm a new member on here, but I'm not new to this website per se.

that aside, I've been having great difficulty typing a close person of mine. she's my roommate and we've been living together for a little over two years and have known each other for more than three.

a bit about her:
she has high functioning autism (properly diagnosed). so high functioning, in fact, that it only shows in her inflexibility towards rapid/unexpected change, lack of empathy, and distrust/disconnect from others. sounds pretty ixtj, yeah?

here's a bit more;
she's sloppy, messy, forgetful.
intelligent, but has no drive, no motivation (apparently never really has according to family).
she has little imagination, yet has a difficult time paying attention to her surroundings and is incredibly clumsy as a result.
she has very little work ethic. she goes to work, does what she needs to and then comes straight home. if she didn't have to work to make a living, she wouldn't.
she likes to paint and make things, but requires a source to copy from or off of. again, lacking imagination.
she get stuck on things often (likely an autism thing) and needs to fix them then and there or else she'll simmer.
she makes most of her decisions based on her mood and whims in the moment, rather than stepping back and using logic.
she has zero patience and gets bored very easily, even when there's many projects and activities available to her in the moment.
she's incredibly vain and puts all of her worth in her looks and appearance. literally, won't leave the house if she has a cold sore.

she's a great cook (when she's not so distracted that she cuts her hands).
she claims to have a good 'intuition' about people (an accurate gut feeling about them, if you will). I don't buy it, but she says it's there.
she cares about me deeply (I'm one of few). get's upset when I run off and do "stupid things".
her favorite books are almost all fantasy with the occasionally lovecraft and poe.

oh, and she hates people. a lot. only became friends with me because she though I was "cute", "interesting", and "weird".

what do you folks think? perhaps I'm too close to see.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Though it's hard (if not impossible) to type people with autism (due to autism mimicking Si attributes), I'd say ISFP.

intelligent, but has no drive, no motivation (apparently never really has according to family).
she has very little work ethic. she goes to work, does what she needs to and then comes straight home. if she didn't have to work to make a living, she wouldn't.
This is common in under-developed inferior Te types.

she makes most of her decisions based on her mood and whims in the moment, rather than stepping back and using logic.
she has zero patience and gets bored very easily, even when there's many projects and activities available to her in the moment.
Indicates an outward facing perceiving function + short attention span; tendency to act only in the moment comes with high Se.

she claims to have a good 'intuition' about people (an accurate gut feeling about them, if you will). I don't buy it, but she says it's there.
Tert-Ni?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts