Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an enfp swaying more towards introversion than extroversion.ive recently began seeing someone who is an extremely extroverted enfp(I think he is an enfp,although I probably don't know him enough yet to be 100% sure).he is very gregarious,outgoing,likes to be the centre of attention etc.im really not the life of the party and prefer small,intimate gatherings where I can have more meaningful conversations.
My fear is that our lifestyles may clash,as he loves going out and socializing and I prefer staying In hanging with close friends.i also fear that he may find me
Too boring,serious and intense...hmm,maybe I judge those qualities in myself as being negative...
He seems really into me and I fear over time that may change as he gets to know me more and potentially see that we are not compatible.
I'm curious to know how other enfp men who are very extroverted feel about this,have u had relationships with more intoroverted women and how have u found this?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I think it will probably be ok, you must have tested as an extrovert for some reason! Often, you'll also notice that ''ideal matches'' as implied by Meyer Briggs as often between introverts and extroverts. There must be lots of advice all over the forums about this issue, good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I can't say everyone is the same, but as for me I dated an extravert (I believe he was an ESFJ). I'm sorta a reserved version of an ENFP and it didn't go so well. He was constantly wanting to be with me, and my world for 2 months straight was revolved around him. My extraversion side loved the attention and loved the compliments. However ENFPs do have this side of them where they do have to recoup and get themselves together or else they'll exhaust themselves. By the end of it all he got tired of me and ended up falling for another girl. I dumped him because of that and recently talked to him (because we go to the same college) and confronted him about our relationship and he said "Well we were never really official." Which was our closure I guess?? Anyways I think if you date an ENFP it should be fine because we do love people, but we do have to take sometime to recoup which is perfect for someone who is more introverted and likes his/her time alone. Our extraversion comes from our intuition so it's not so much we need to be around people to feel emotionally satisfied, unlike other extraverted types.
By the way have you taken Jung's cognitive function test? That's how I was able to figure out my type over the silly MBTI type tests that shows if you are more E/I, S/N, F/T, P/J.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you consider that he might be an ESFP. If that's the case, then your intuitive and some of your introverted tendencies might actually be really good for him to kinda help bring him back down to planet earth. lol

And also, being serious and intense aren't negative qualities! That's just part of who you are so feel free to embrace them. For alot of people, that's very intriguing. And if this guy gets to know you better and discovers he doesn't like those traits, then it probably isn't the best relationship for you anyways. You want someone who, once they really get to know you, love you more for who you are!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts