Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has nothing to do with ENFPs but i didn't know where to post it

has anyone experienced this? what is it? why?

sometimes, randomly, my body feels very comfortable, my heart beat slows down and it is all i can feel. the rest of my body is relaxing a lot, except for my heart. for some reason i despise this sensation, i hate it so much that i want to know how to get rid of it

·
Registered
INFJ - 5w4 (594) - so/sp
252 Posts
Unintentional meditation?

• Haha
Reactions: kokora

·
Registered
INFJ - 5w4 (594) - so/sp
252 Posts
Why is it irritating? Is it physical or psychological. I was thinking that maybe it is your Ne taking a break, and that lack of Ne is uncommon for you and is therefore uncomfortable. Although it could be something like a tumor in your brain, but this seems to be more psychological.

• Wow
Reactions: tarmonk and kokora

·
Registered
ENFP
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why is it irritating? Is it physical or psychological. I was thinking that maybe it is your Ne taking a break, and that lack of Ne is uncommon for you and is therefore uncomfortable. Although it could be something like a tumor in your brain, but this seems to be more psychological.
does your Ni take breaks?

i think it's psychological too, google didn't tell me that i was going to die in 3 hours so i think i'm fine 😎 i actually didn't find anything related to what i was experiencing, maybe idk how to search

·
exploring space
10,176 Posts
Are you used to experiencing a lot of anxiety?
If so, could be an adaptation thing, as people who are used to living with anxiety have a difficult time enjoying relaxation and their brains turn it into something negative because it's an unfamiliar state.

·
Registered
INFJ - 5w4 (594) - so/sp
252 Posts
I honestly don't know how to detect my own Ni, i just do it. Its hard to pinpoint actual demonstrations of my Ni. But I imagine I use less of my Ni when tired or ennebreated.

Red panda's right. It could be dissociation from anxiety or depression. I would say its a way for your brain to detatch maybe, to take a break perhaps. Ihdk

·
Registered
INFJ - 5w4 (594) - so/sp
252 Posts
You can experience dissociation anywhere, any time. I used to get it and it was very existential and sometimes full of dread.

·
Registered
ENFP
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you used to experiencing a lot of anxiety?
If so, could be an adaptation thing, as people who are used to living with anxiety have a difficult time enjoying relaxation and their brains turn it into something negative because it's an unfamiliar state.
i am pretty anxious most of the time, so reading what you just said makes sense! maybe more meditation would help, if this is the case. thanks ☺
I honestly don't know how to detect my own Ni, i just do it. Its hard to pinpoint actual demonstrations of my Ni. But I imagine I use less of my Ni when tired or ennebreated.

Red panda's right. It could be dissociation from anxiety or depression. I would say its a way for your brain to detatch maybe, to take a break perhaps. Ihdk
interesting, Ni is more subtle, makes sense! your dissociations sound a bit more intense than mine do

·
Registered
INFJ - 5w4 (594) - so/sp
252 Posts
i am pretty anxious most of the time, so reading what you just said makes sense! maybe more meditation would help, if this is the case. thanks ☺

interesting, Ni is more subtle, makes sense! your dissociations sound a bit more intense than mine do
Good luck. 😊

• Love

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
It sounds like you are on the verge of an out of body experience. If it happens, do not fear it. While not all people experience them they do happen. You will still be you minus your body. Your vision and intellect remain intact while you move about unencumbered. You will return to your body and all will be normal once again.

·
Premium Member
42,253 Posts
this has nothing to do with ENFPs but i didn't know where to post it

has anyone experienced this? what is it? why?

sometimes, randomly, my body feels very comfortable, my heart beat slows down and it is all i can feel. the rest of my body is relaxing a lot, except for my heart. for some reason i despise this sensation, i hate it so much that i want to know how to get rid of it
Does it suddenly beat faster? Does it make you feel uncomfortable?

·
Registered
ENFP
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does it suddenly beat faster? Does it make you feel uncomfortable?
my heart only slows down, my breath also becomes more superficial, i take in smaller quantities of air. and yes, it makes me uncomfortable. have you experienced anything like this?

·
Premium Member
42,253 Posts
my heart only slows down, my breath also becomes more superficial, i take in smaller quantities of air. and yes, it makes me uncomfortable. have you experienced anything like this?
Yes, a long time ago. I would see the doctor. Normally though these days if a simmilar thing happens, my heart beat a little to fast fot a few seconds, normally when I feel extremely angry after getting psychological flash backs (I have PTSD) of when I am on ritalin.

• Sad

·
Registered
ENFP
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, a long time ago. I would see the doctor. Normally though these days if a simmilar thing happens, my heart beat a little to fast fot a few seconds, normally when I feel extremely angry after getting psychological flash backs (I have PTSD) of when I am on ritalin.
oh, Electra, i hope you're feeling better now 💖 you're very strong

·
Premium Member
42,253 Posts
oh, Electra, i hope you're feeling better now 💖 you're very strong
Thank you so much!! I feel super, hope you take care of your self too 🥰🤗

• Love
1 - 17 of 17 Posts