Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sonic displays more Ti than Fi. He is geared by his senses and experiences (as all Se doms are) but he is also revved up by situations that involve high risk and problem solving (Ti) as opposed to taking an interest in people (Fi). Sonic takes a cynical and logical approach to any problem he's faced with, coming up with original/complex solutions to problems he gets involved in. He uses logic to analyse situations, problems, people, their personalities, vices, wants, weaknesses etc. and then formulates plans of action on the spot. He also uses this same information to tease/mock other people, specifically to elicit emotional responses that amuse him (Eggman, Knuckles, Shadow etc.) which is Fe, but he is still at a bit of a distance when it comes to his own emotions, preferring to leave them to one side (think about it, how often is Sonic actually acting on emotion?).
A fair point, and I can agree with it. I was sort of just curious from thinking more or less about the song "It Doesn't Matter"? Using the perspective you've provided, I can agree. I considered this possibility even when I posted this. So, would you in turn say Mario is much more Se-Fi due to his known short temper?

·
Registered
746 Posts
A fair point, and I can agree with it. I was sort of just curious from thinking more or less about the song "It Doesn't Matter"? Using the perspective you've provided, I can agree. I considered this was one of the reasons when I asked my question. So, do you see Se-Fi in Mario then?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
SWTOR

SCORPIO: INTJ

Valkorian: INTJ

Admiral Aygo: ESTJ

Admiral Rankan: ISTJ

Lana Beniko: INTJ

Theron Shan: ISTP

Darth Marr: ISTJ

Satele Shan: INFJ

Vette: ESTP

Gault: ESTP

Dr. O (Hutt): INTP

Protocol Droids C2 and 2V: ESFJ

Revan: INFJ

Darth Malgus: ENTJ

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
A fair point, and I can agree with it. I was sort of just curious from thinking more or less about the song "It Doesn't Matter"? Using the perspective you've provided, I can agree. I considered this was one of the reasons when I asked my question. So, do you see Se-Fi in Mario then?
Mario is a Fi user? I don't see this at all though... Couldn't they both just be variations of ESTPs?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mario is a Fi user? I don't see this at all though... Couldn't they both just be variations of ESTPs?
You would think so, but Mario is commonly considered ESFP. I am guessing because he doesn't often show his emotions. Really, I could make a better case of ESTP than ESFP.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
A fair point, and I can agree with it. I was sort of just curious from thinking more or less about the song "It Doesn't Matter"? Using the perspective you've provided, I can agree. I considered this possibility even when I posted this. So, would you in turn say Mario is much more Se-Fi due to his known short temper?
Maybe, I've never given much thought to Mario's type.

Contrary to Sonic, Mario faces up to challenges and quests that are personally significant to him (of course, I'm referring to him constantly rescuing Peach, despite how many times she gets herself captured and shows no signs of stopping). He seems to act entirely on his emotions. But this is based on the games. I remember watching the tv show when I was much younger and that provided a heavier emphasis on his plumber nature, so he generally displayed more Ti.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Maybe, I've never given much thought to Mario's type.

Contrary to Sonic, Mario faces up to challenges and quests that are personally significant to him (of course, I'm referring to him constantly rescuing Peach, despite how many times she gets herself captured and shows no signs of stopping). He seems to act entirely on his emotions. But this is based on the games. I remember watching the tv show when I was much younger and that provided a heavier emphasis on his plumber nature, so he generally displayed more Ti.
I see, so that's why he is considered ESFP. With that in mind, I can also see how someone like Kirby would be considered ISFP, because every adventure Kirby gets in involved in is usually Fi related.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Furi's typable characters:

The Rider - ISTP 8w9
The Voice - xNFJ 2w1/1w2
The Chain - Sadistic ESTJ 8w7
The Line - INFJ 9w1
The Hand - ISxJ 6
The Song - ENFJ 2w1
The Burst - INTJ 3w4
The Edge - ISTJ
The Burst - ISFP 6w7

The Rider is an unstoppable character with a purpose. He's silent but deadly and strong, taking down everything that puts in his way, he doesn't hurt anyone that don't have the intention to do, he's an 8w9. The reasons for ISTP is that he applies logic and a quick way to solve problems, he's not emotional or idealist despite that in the "good" ending he shows devotion and empathy for the earth people. Even if he doesn't intentionally shows any emotion, you can, somehow, note how much does he become emotionally exhausted during his travel which is another inferior Fe trait.

The Voice is a nurturing father who had once a purpose to protect the earth habitants, however, he got trapped in his own prison, where he became completely unhealty(enough to free Rider) and he got a plan to get out of it.
Same for Rider, you can see how exhausted he becomes the longer the travel is, as he sees what is he doing. As an NFJ, he can't hold his own emotional attacks that are made by his resentment to you and, at the same time he overbursts in emotions, he wants to make you think that you're not alone and make you turn "good".

The Edge, not as Rider, is a more constant and intense person who can train an eternity to fill his purpose.
Another proof is when he leaves the sword and picks HIS oar, which is a technically less effective weapon, but as is it HIS weapon he feels much better with it, it is the item of his life.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm pretty late to the Kingdom Hearts train, but I'm gonna try to type some of the characters. I'm almost done with 358/2 Days though, so this could be kind of inaccurate. Still have yet to move onto KH II.

Sora: ENFP
Kairi: ISFJ
Riku: He's tough, but I'm gonna guess ISTP.

Goofy: ESFJ
Donald: xSTJ, can't decide if E or I. Leaning towards ESTJ.
King Mickey: ENFJ

Roxas: ISFP
Namine: I really have no idea. ISFJ???
Xion: ISFJ

Axel: ENTP
Larxene: ENTJ
Saix: INTJ
Marluxia: ISTJ

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm pretty late to the Kingdom Hearts train, but I'm gonna try to type some of the characters. I'm almost done with 358/2 Days though, so this could be kind of inaccurate. Still have yet to move onto KH II.

I am curious, but why ESFJ for Goofy over ESFP?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am curious, but why ESFJ for Goofy over ESFP?
I argue ESFJ because Goofy seems to have more FeSi than SeFi -- though I guess that's a given as to why I think he's ESFJ anyways.

Goofy has always been the glue in the group, the one to be more amicable and try and keep Donald and Sora together when they're acting discordant. He's more focused on the harmony between them, and can be kind of oblivious otherwise. He's not really a guy who seems to act moralistically, like Sora, an ENFP does. Goofy is content to keep things how they are and is fine with living a lackadaisical life, as long as he has his friends around him. He doesn't really live for sensory-ordained things, like Roxas does.

I think the Si is also what helps keep Goofy and Donald on good terms, otherwise they might end up clashing more like Sora and Donald do at the beginning of KH. But Goofy can understand Donald's point of view, something that high Fe users are also notoriously good at doing.

Hope this helps! It might change as I progress into KHII, which I just started.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

Why INTJ over ISTJ for Saix?
Why ISTJ over INTJ for Marluxia?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Why INTJ over ISTJ for Saix?
Why ISTJ over INTJ for Marluxia?
Aesthetic purposes; Marluxia is more intent on showing off and focused on the small details, especially compared to Saix, which is something I've seen in a lot of Si users. Se users are obviously more focused on the world around them and processing that sort of aesthetic, but Si tends to be a little more personal with the aesthetic and intent on feeling comfortable in their surroundings by paying attention to the smaller things. Marluxia is more particular regarding how he wants things than Saix, who is a bit better at adjusting with the flow of things and taking challenges as they arise.

Funnily enough though, I did have them listed the other way around at first before changing my mind, and I can honestly see both arguments pretty well, since Saix does seem like he's intent on holding onto his past with Axel, especially during 358/2 Days. I might change my mind as I progress in KHII.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I want to request, Freedom Planet typings.

Edit: I will give it a go myself!

Lilac Sash: ENFJ

Carol Tea: ESFP

Milla Basset: IXFP

Torque: ISTJ

Neera Li: ESTJ

Spade: ISTP

Lord Brevon: ENTJ

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Final Fantasy 10:

Yuna - INFJ
Tidus - ESFP
Wakka - ESFJ
Lulu - ISTJ
Auron - INTJ
Kimahri - ISFJ
Rikku - IxFP

Seymour - ENFJ
Braska - INFP
Jecht - ESTP

I only have questions about Auron Kimahri and Rikku. Why do you think Rikku is an introvert? Isn't she the cheerful ENFP everyone's stereotyping it? I mean ENFP can look quite introverted some time.
Auron as an INTJ is an interesting choice. I would've guessed ISTJ but I can be wrong.
Kimahri, I have no clue, as he has no expressions.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I only have questions about Auron Kimahri and Rikku. Why do you think Rikku is an introvert? Isn't she the cheerful ENFP everyone's stereotyping it? I mean ENFP can look quite introverted some time.
Auron as an INTJ is an interesting choice. I would've guessed ISTJ but I can be wrong.
Kimahri, I have no clue, as he has no expressions.
Rikku - On second thought, you may be right. ENFP sounds like a good choice. Not sure why I thought she was an Fi dom to be honest...

Auron - He's usually stereotyped as an ISTJ imo, but upon closer inspection, I don't think it's the case. A lot of people stereotype Lulu as an INTJ as well, but I say that she is the real ISTJ in the story. Lenore Thomson described the similarity, yet contrasted the ISTJ and INTJ way of approaching new information: 'Like the ISTJs, INTJs cannot accept new information until they relate it to their inner world. However, ISTJs analyze new data by aligning it with what they already know. Once they’ve accepted a fact, it becomes part of their identity. INTJs explore information largely by rejecting its influence - examining it from other perspectives and determining its limitations.'. I see Auron as the latter, he is far more liberal in dealing with new experiences and he has an almost detached viewpoint on most of the challenges they face. He approaches every problem with perspective. The only thing he won't budge on, is the predetermined goal of the pilgrimage, which he sees as the bigger picture. The smaller details, he is less concerned about (see how he reacted to Yuna's decision to marry Seymour).

Kimahri - Well, I don't think that there's any doubt that he introverted. But I mainly typed him based on the impression he gave me. When considering his personality, I was immediately reminded of Lenore Thomson's description of the ISFJ : 'Indeed, ISFJs are so focused on others’ goals and expectations that they can seem literally selfless, without a full personality of their own' (this is a mere excerpt, it goes far more in depth). And this passage honestly speaks to the point you made about him.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Rikku - On second thought, you may be right. ENFP sounds like a good choice. Not sure why I thought she was an Fi dom to be honest...

Auron - He's usually stereotyped as an ISTJ imo, but upon closer inspection, I don't think it's the case. A lot of people stereotype Lulu as an INTJ as well, but I say that she is the real ISTJ in the story. Lenore Thomson described the similarity, yet contrasted the ISTJ and INTJ way of approaching new information: 'Like the ISTJs, INTJs cannot accept new information until they relate it to their inner world. However, ISTJs analyze new data by aligning it with what they already know. Once they’ve accepted a fact, it becomes part of their identity. INTJs explore information largely by rejecting its influence - examining it from other perspectives and determining its limitations.'. I see Auron as the latter, he is far more liberal in dealing with new experiences and he has an almost detached viewpoint on most of the challenges they face. He approaches every problem with perspective. The only thing he won't budge on, is the predetermined goal of the pilgrimage, which he sees as the bigger picture. The smaller details, he is less concerned about (see how he reacted to Yuna's decision to marry Seymour).

Kimahri - Well, I don't think that there's any doubt that he introverted. But I mainly typed him based on the impression he gave me. When considering his personality, I was immediately reminded of Lenore Thomson's description of the ISFJ : 'Indeed, ISFJs are so focused on others’ goals and expectations that they can seem literally selfless, without a full personality of their own' (this is a mere excerpt, it goes far more in depth). And this passage honestly speaks to the point you made about him.
And the thing you said about the similarities yet differences between Auron and Lulu actually underlines my theory that people who share auxiliary and tertiary functions (like ISTJ and INTJ or ESFP and ENFP) will behave similarly and thus it's hard to tell them apart, while they decide and lead their life completely differently.
On the other hand people with same dominant functions (ENTP and ENFP for example) may lead their life similarly but will behave differently under the same circumstances.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Final Fantasy XV.

Noctis -- INFP
Prompto -- ESFP
Gladiolus -- The one I'm stuck on. He's got a very strong sense of duty and likes respecting traditions, but I can't see him as an xSxJ. I don't know.
Ignis -- INTJ
Ardyn: ENTP living with that Si anger driving his mind mad.
Lunafreya: INFJ, even though we saw her for like 4 minutes.

Cindy: ESxP, being good at fixing things and piecing together stuff like that makes me think Ti due to stereotypes, but also we don't really see enough of her.
Gentiana: INFJ
Iris: ESFP (the best developed side-character. Felt more attached to her than I did Luna, lol.)

61 - 80 of 231 Posts