Personality Cafe banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Beer Guardian
14,665 Posts
Two of my favorite games of all time along with the X series for that genre. Go take a look at Star Citizen, I want it soooo bad :drool:
The same guy did freelancer/starlancer AND the wing commander games.

I know! I'm totally stoked!

I would love a new rogue squadron game and SW Battlefront 3. I also agree with a revival of the old school text based RPGs (Was a Huge MUDDER but my server I frequented for the past 10 years just shut down :/). Same goes for old turn based JRPGs, a bit cliche and overdone, but the big devs for them lost vision and need to revisit them to see how they went wrong. (Talking to you square, you have been dissappointing for a long while now.
Any of the Star Wars fighter sims have been super fun.

The Deus Ex and Mass Effect trilogies were pretty damn fun too.

Neverwinter Nights rocked.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I just want shenmue 3 =(

·
Registered
75 Posts
The side scrolling fighting adventure: Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Final Fight... One valiant hero vs a degenerated world. Oh how I miss those times...

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
The side scrolling fighting adventure: Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Final Fight... One valiant hero vs a degenerated world. Oh how I miss those times...
Duke Nukem? The original? Yeeaaaahhhh? :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Adventure games (like King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Monkey Island), and 2D Sidescrollers (Think the original Sega Sonic the Hedgehog Games and Donkey Kong Country). Both excellent genres.

I also think the Fantasy RPG--games like Baldur's Gate--should see a revival.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I want the tycoon genre as a whole to make a comeback. I remember being younger (mid-late 90s into the early millenia) there were many really good tycoon games. Then the market got flooded with "everything" tycoon and they all sort of disappeared and those that remain are rubbish.

Specifically I want (need?) RollerCoaster Tycoon to make a comeback...I miss them so much :'(

·
Registered
202 Posts
I want Megaman/awesome 2D action scrollers to come back... Capcom basically killed the series off in every way. Don't know if it was poor sales, or if they were just trying to stick it to Inafune for leaving.

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
Does anyone else remember a game series on the Nintendo 64 known as Vigilante? That game was awesome. Twisted Metal is similar but just isn't the same.

One game that is more likely to be remembered: NBA Street. That game is the only sports game that I liked.

Sly Cooper. Nuff said.

Jack and Daxter.

Not really a specific genre, really. I love brawlers and those crazy cartoon racing games though. And that reminds me, CRASH BANDICOOT, WHY DID YOU LEAVE!?!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sly Cooper. Nuff said.

Jack and Daxter.

Not really a specific genre, really. I love brawlers and those crazy cartoon racing games though. And that reminds me, CRASH BANDICOOT, WHY DID YOU LEAVE!?!
Sly Cooper returns next month if you're in the US or in March if you're in PALzone PS3/Vita
Jak and Daxter is unlikely to return for a while sadly.
Crash Bandicoot fell from grace thanks to the license heading to Universal, however Vicarious Visions seemed to be trying to bring it back to the old days...

p.s. Nice Av Dood.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sly Cooper. Nuff said.
<333
Love that game. Got a 500gb PS3 & the HD Sly Cooper Trilogy for Christmas; on Sly 2 now and can't stop playing it til like 5am each night. xD Lucky (if you're in America) that you're getting the 4th one in February though... :c I'll have to wait (in UK).

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Banjo-kazooie like games.. yeah, I guess I have a soft spot for kiddie Nintendo games. ;p

Classic JRPGs.
I mean like.. low graphics, better storyline..
I get sort of tired of staring at the shiny graphics after a while. v.v

I'd like to see some more updated point and click games like Anna, too.
[or whatever you call that genre.. :/]

121 - 134 of 134 Posts