Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how this works:

You get to pick one game (any game), and decide who gets to direct it, and the lead.

Go.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
However, rather than a movie. make it a 26 episode series with every ending that happened in the game.

Also, make it an anime series with all of the english VAs from overclocked and Yuri Lowenthal voicing the main character.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd pick FFVI, although at one point I thought Carmageddon, but it would be too much of a rip-off of Death Race 2000. People without much knowledge in older films might even think Carmageddon is a Hunger Games rip-off.

A series would work better due to the length and getting all the material and story into it. It would even be interesting to add more character development that wasn't in the game to mix things up. Just one film would cut out a lot of stuff. Because of the stuff that happens, anime would work better than live action or even CGI. Fist of the North Star and Dragonball Evolution failed to replicate their source material in live action because it's just too hard to do. Even with the way effects are today. I wouldn't know what you would do for voice acting or for a director as my knowledge on anime isn't as high as a lot of people.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I always like the Silent Hill series and the movie too. I heard that they've been making a second one but don't know when it would be released.

Feel sorry for her...

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
Ha! Nice thread.

Adaptation: Batman (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City)
Director: David Fincher.
Lead Role (As Batman): Michael Fassbender.

Adaptation: Metroid Prime.
Director: Neil Blomkamp.
Lead Role (As Samus Aren): Charlize Theron

Adaptation: Tetris.
Director: Some Russian dude.
Lead Role (as + block): Some Russian dude.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can I vote against it? <_<

So far, every move inspired by a videogame turned out a complete disaster. That one Silent Hill movie came very close to the general feel of the game, but that's about it.

And I honestly don't know why I keep watching all those dumb Resident Evil movies. I guess I'm driven by the slightest hope that they'll stop butchering the brand with that hollywood crap and make something at least somewhat related to the original games.

I don't want any director to make a movie out of my favorite games ever again. Ever.

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
Can I vote against it? <_<
No.

So far, every move inspired by a videogame turned out a complete disaster. That one Silent Hill movie came very close to the general feel of the game, but that's about it.

And I honestly don't know why I keep watching all those dumb Resident Evil movies. I guess I'm driven by the slightest hope that they'll stop butchering the brand with that hollywood crap and make something at least somewhat related to the original games.

I don't want any director to make a movie out of my favorite games ever again. Ever.
Maybe you just have poor taste. That's what I think.
Moving on.

Adaptation: Metal Gear Solid.
Director: James Cameron.
Lead Role (Solid Snake): Kurt Russell, circa 1984 (lol)

Adaptation: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Two-parter).
Director: Guillermo Del Toro.
Lead Role (Adult Link): Ryan Gosling.

Adaptation: Frogger.
Director: Werner Herzog.
Lead Role (...Frogger):...CGI Frog.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I could see a film based on one of the Uncharted games working really well. They already have a cinematic feeling to them, so I'd expect the process of adaptation (assuming they don't make a new story) would be quite smooth. I'd argue the first game would make the best film, even if I prefer the second games story.

I can't say I know much about direction, but I think Peter Jackson would do a good job. As for leads, Nolan North (the guy who voices and motion captures Drake in the games) seems like an obvious choice, but David Boreanaz could work...

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
We need a Starcraft movie... no, an HBO series. Turn every one of those missions into an episode and it'll be like romance of the three kingdoms/game of thrones except with more fights and explosions.

Director: James Cameron: Hell starcraft drew references from Aliens anyways
Raynor: Russel Crowe: He can redeem himself from the failure that was Robin Hood. Not too hard playing himself in this movie.
Kerrigan: Charlize Theron or Famke Janssen: Both have the physique/face and queen bitch potential
Zeratul: Sean Connery / Vigo-mortenson: Shakespearean influences?
Mengsk: ?

·
Banned
492 Posts
Mario, starring Christopher Walken and Jason Stathom.

Grand Theft Auto, DUUUH...thatd make a good movie. Niko would have to be played by some actor that nobody knows, the movie making him famous. Directed by CLINT EASTWOOD.

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump.

System Shock, directed by Ridley Scott, lead role played by Jude Law.

L.A. Noir, directed by Quintin Tarantino, lead role played by Patrick Stewart.

(Or)

Max Payne, also directed by Quintin Tarantino, lead role played by Hugh Jackman.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mass Effect (which I hear might actually be happening)
Metal Gear Solid (with higher budget than fan versions)
Shadow of the Colossus
Diablo

Restart the Resident Evil movies with actual coherence to the games and less cheesy Hollywood glamor.

Might think of more later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts