Personality Cafe banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I totally agree with the article (at least about my type, INFJ). I adore RPGs and MMORPGs (I have less patience with MMOs tho).

·
Registered
3 Posts
For some reason I wasn't expecting any bioware, turns out both mass effect and dragon age were on there, but neither got given to my INFP which like, damn I play those two back to back on repeat. Bizarrely I feel vaguely disappointed. :sad:

My fixations aside I've also hated any mmorpg I've played - they seem to be all pvp and I just can't be bothered with that.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I'm an INTJ and I specialize in dystopian wasteland themed FPS games - my faves being the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and the Borderlands series.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As a intj I found my most accurate game preference in the infp's section of the article.
My actual preferences are bigger than that though.
I enjoy puzzles (point&click games, Portal, The Talos Principle), rouge-like (Thief, Dishonored, Splinter Cell), rpg (System Shock, Bioshock), fps if the story is compelling enough (Half-Life), horror (Amnesia, Penumbra), mmorpgs (WoW, Guild Wars).

I don't like turned-based strategy nor sandbox ones, as they state an intj might like.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I tend to like anything that has a good story and/or interesting gameplay. As an introvert I prefer single-player games, but I enjoy the occasional local multiplayer game such as mario party or mario kart. I'd say my favorite genres are adventure games, RPG games, and first person shooters. I tend to stay away from realistic games like Call of Duty. I'm not really one for co-op games as I usually just let the other person do all the work while I don't do anything which makes me feel like I'm just there to be there.

·
Registered
613 Posts
As ENTJ, I like strategy games, but gaming also needs variety. We can learn from play so maybe we should try to play something new more often. This would let us grow. I also like sandbox games like Sims, Minecraft. There are also the FF series that have a strong storyline and plot

·
Registered
499 Posts
My type is ENFP.
The videogames I prefer are Simulation games and Point and click detective games (those games with open world where you have to find things for yourself). Specialy those that have an interesting story. I don't like when characters in games are very two dimensional.
When I am with friends I prefer multiplayer like sports videogames. Sometimes it feels good to play those games that make your adrenaline go up, but it makes me angry sometimes and I loose the sense of time.
I also like to play chess.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I kinda agree with the article. I mostly play RPG's, Aventure, and Strategy. I've enjoyed a few action RPGs but I ultimately prefer turn-based ones. I really enjoy Telltale games.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For me it's mostly right. I love single player story driven games and the suggestions there Half Life 2 and Portal 2 are among of my favourite games of all time XD. But I like of course other great games like Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Persona 5 etc.

·
Registered
840 Posts
For me it looks like INTJ, INFJ, INFP and ISTP.

·
Registered
126 Posts
ISFP = Favorite genres: Indie puzzle, Interactive story, Experimental
Games to try: Papers, Please, The Stanley Parable, Mountain

Interesting. I partially agree with the "interactive story" and "experimental" parts, but I don't care much for puzzles. I prefer RPG-style games where you free-roam and explore. I actually find the "Games to try" from the IxFJ + INFP sections more appealing.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Half-Life 2
Do0 y0o like to replay certain parts of the game over and over again to develop the most absolutely perfect technique for doing certain things a go go?
:crazy:

I can't be the only one who does that. I do the same thing in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., especially with mods that have spawn menus that allow me to set up insanely challenging scenarios of demented do0m.
:crazy:

The Legend of Zelda
Did you ever play Faxanadu on the NES?
:happy:

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
I'm INFP. Story-driven single player very yes, MMORPGs depends, co-op action very no. I don't co-op or team multiplayer at all unless I'm with friends and we're deliberately just dicking around. Too much pressure to do well and no guarantee I'll get to play the game how I want to. Plus no guarantee of having people to play co-op games with, that's usually a no too. That article generalises the hell out of people, though.

My gaming holy trinity as I call it is Final Fantasy 8, Persona 3 and The House in Fata Morgana. Zero Escape trilogy and Danganronpa 1 and 2 close behind. I love me a great story with great characters to get attached to. An awesome soundtrack is always a huge plus too.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts