Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to end my typing crisis once and for all. I made a brief video for people to attempt to type me with.

I've posted this on some other sites & it made me super confused because a majority of the people who watched it are saying I'm ISTP. After all this time of typing as an NP, mostly an NFP online....apparently I give off an ISTP "vibe" in person? Maybe I don't know myself as well as I thought I did.

Tell me what you think, PerC.

Also, I took the Keys2Cognition test, & I'll put the results under the spoiler if that helps. I tend to over-analyze the questions & get confused by them, though, so the results might not be spot-on...

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.9)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.9)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.1)
good use

Also, feel free to ask me questions. I just want to know my type already, dammit. I want to know how other people see me, from an outside perspective.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Welcome to the INTP family.

You are definitely a Ti-Fe. (Which rules out any FP.) And you are very likely a Thinker. (Which rules out the FJ types.) Describing cats as "interesting", casually throwing around the s-word, and doing the famous aloof face thing, ... all of which factors that strengthens the Ti suspiction (=TP types). You also come off rather cold, undemanding, neutral, somewhat strange to any kind of deep emotions or personal values.

Next, you are not overly introverted, which is good. We want to see any type get closer to ambiversion. But the pace and frequency of your speech, and your somewhat 'choppy' talking style tells me you are an introvert. Your mind clearly speaks first.

So that leaves us IxTP, two options. I must say, your looks point towards ISTP more. ISTPs have this 'rougher' look and vibe about them, and generally care a lot more about their appearence than INTPs do. The makeup, the scary bracelet, the metal band sweater, ... this is more like the stereotypical ISTP biker type.

Content wise, I would put you in the Ne category. I am not going to list the clues (besides, I didn't watch the entire video), but from the first few seconds you struck me as an N. I see you also scored much higher on N opposed to S on your cognitive function test.

#1 INTP (80% certain)
#2 ISTP (likelihood of 12,5%)
#3 INFJ (likelihood of 7,5%)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts