Personality Cafe banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Another vote for System Shock 2... probably one of my favorites. Except toward the end, where it becomes painfully obvious that they were running out of time and money and had to shove it out the door.

I have been a fan of all the Diablo and Fallout games.

I used to play a lot of FPS games, like Unreal Tournament and Quake, but I got bored with them since they just rehash the same thing these days. I've never like Halo.

I also used to play a lot of fighting games... Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, et al. Got bored with that, too, mostly because playing online sucks and the only people who can tolerate consistently getting their asses kicked are my two younger brothers who live many hours away.

I recently played through the new Tomb Raider... thought it was pretty good. I still have to play it from time to time when my girlfriend gets stuck. She likes games like that, but she's really not very good.

Currently I'm playing through the new(ish) XCOM game for, I think, the fourth time. I thought it was really well done.

·
Registered
470 Posts
EDIT: I'm also into a lot of adventure games, I guess. Super Mario 64 being the pinnacle of them. I'm also a god at Super Mario World.
I think Super Mario 64 is one of the best games ever. I remember when I bought it, it was so much fun and looked very good. Mario Kart is also a fun game.

I like strategy games. I had Rise of Nations (demo) for a few years. The demo was good enough to spend a couple of hours playing.
Currently I only have a PS3 with a few games. Resistance 2,3; little big planet, and nucleus. I don't play much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my favourite game of all time are super mario 64, zelda ocarina of time, mass effect and final fantasy viii.
now i'm playing resident evil 6 (sucks) and TERA (nice mmorpg but not really fantastic) sometimes planetside 2 (freakin awesome mmog).

·
King of Seduction
ENTJ
7,560 Posts
I can sadly say I don't play video games anymore.
I find they are super distracting and I get totally consumed by them and do nothing else productive.
I forget to eat, don't work out, don't sleep, etc.

So that being said I guess you could say I like RPGs.
My list of games I liked (in no order other then what came to mind first)
1) Final Fantasy VII-X-2 my fav was VII
2) Mario Kart and other games like Mario Tennis and Soccer
3) Wrestling games - on the nintendo 64 were the shit
4) GTA - vice city and san andreas were super fun for me. I like how open ended and non-linear the game was.
5) Metal Gear Solid - I played the first one on playstation one of my favorite games of all time because of how you could do things slightly different and it had a big impact plus there were little things like the fight with the psychic dude that was just fun.
6) Mario 64 - Such a fun game and the first game that was like "3-D" it's crazy to think about the first time I played it and how weird the controls were to me the world felt big and expansive and complicated.
7) God of War - that game was fun to me and so were other games like it - like Devil May Cry. Mainly because of their new powers and going back to whoop some more ass when you're leveled up.
8) Silent Hill/Resident Evil/Fatal Frame - my taste for these games diminished over the years but they were scary and fun back in the day.
9) Sports games - Actually I guess now that I think about it I do like competitive games. I used to be really good at Madden and despite me not liking soccer I found the fifa games entertaining.... also played games like Hockey (I don't even like Hockey lol).
10) Squaresoft - Already mentioned FF but I was obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and Dragonquest was fun all sorts of other games like it. Oh yeah I know it's not Squaresoft but the game Okami was great.
11) I forgot to mention I like games where you can customize your characters, that's what started to be more fun with sports games - creating characters. And then games like the Sims were interesting. Probably why I liked RPGs because they were the first thing that allowed me change little things like their skills and their names.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like strategy games or ones where you have control like Sims. My favorite would have to be FIFA 13, though. It's a soccer game and there's "manager mode" where you basically control everything about a team(Scouting young players, buying talented players, choosing the squad, managing your budget).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Stealth games - Splinter Cell series (Chaos Theory is my favourite), Hitman series, Manhunt (interesting game), Tha Mark of The Ninja, Assassin's Creed series (AC3 was very disappointing for me)

FPS - Half-Life series, Doom 3, Far Cry 3 (bomb!), Singularity, Bioshock 1,2, Quake III Arena, Mirror's Edge (story sucks but graphic is awesome), Wolfenstein (RtC and 2009), MOH:AA, Condemned...

Third Person Games - PoP trilogy, Max Payne 2, Fahrenheit, Alan Wake, L.A. Noire, Dead Space series (DS3 was disappointing for me)

Other games - Cities in Motion 2, Mobility

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The two best games I've ever played (out of my list of hundreds of really good games):

Spec Ops: the Line
and
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Usually I don't like 3rd person shooters and action games in general, but Spec Ops: the Line is just... Awesome (as in the older definition of awesome, not this new age definition).

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is the most Epic (again, as in the older definition of epic, not the new age definition) strategy game ever.

Other games worth mentioning are:
Mass Effect 2
Command and Conquer 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim (only with mods)

and more, but I forget which

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I can sadly say I don't play video games anymore.
I find they are super distracting and I get totally consumed by them and do nothing else productive.
I forget to eat, don't work out, don't sleep, etc.
This. I cut them out ... No gaming systems whatsoever. Huge time vortex/waster for me. If I had a gaming system with an enjoyable game I'd waste so much damn time on them instead of doing something for my career, more productive, etc. So, I had to eventually just cut them out entirely.

·
King of Seduction
ENTJ
7,560 Posts
This. I cut them out ... No gaming systems whatsoever. Huge time vortex/waster for me. If I had a gaming system with an enjoyable game I'd waste so much damn time on them instead of doing something for my career, more productive, etc. So, I had to eventually just cut them out entirely.
I'm like an addict.
My cousin rented Elder Scrolls Oblivion and I got a chance to play.
I stayed up the whole night playing and then they returned the game the next day.
I was like.... I should buy a system, I should buy that game.

o_O then I was like calm down man, you don't have THAT much free time anymore.
Earn the right to waste that much time first :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm like an addict.
My cousin rented Elder Scrolls Oblivion and I got a chance to play.
I stayed up the whole night playing and then they returned the game the next day.
I was like.... I should buy a system, I should buy that game.

o_O then I was like calm down man, you don't have THAT much free time anymore.
Earn the right to waste that much time first :)
If you think that is bad... I got a Roku about a year ago to stream hulu/netflix on my tv... it came stealth installed with angry birds apparently to torment me... really, it's a crappy game and in ordinary circumstances I wouldn't play it, but I felt compelled to play it for a few hours a night for the first few weeks then was like AHHH stop this stupid crap.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts