Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone murdered a close loved one of yours, and you knew who did it, what would you do? Would this change if the police weren't doing anything about it (one example would be a case of police brutality where someone was beaten to death)? Would you pull a Dexter Morgan and get vigilante justice?

Would your answer change if you knew with 100% certainty that you wouldn't be punished for your actions?

This came up in a conversation the other day, so I'm curious as to what my fellow NTPs would do in these situations.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I doubt I could mindlessly hate somebody enough to kill him or anything. I think murdering is a special, insane, state of mind, and if somebody murdered he/she needs psychological treatment. I wouldn't even agree if he was legally sentenced to death penalty, let alone killing him/her myself. No matter how dear the person was to me, I can't imagine myself doing it. Actually, I can, only in one scenario. That close person being killed in front of me, but even that only if I got the opportunity to kill the one who's done it right away. And all that because of shock and adrenaline, although I'm not sure even that would bring me to do it.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I would consider killing the person if the person went to prison for the crime, and i would most definitely kill the person if he/she didn't. No two ways about it, i would kill. Actually i would most likely kill the person even if they went to prison. I would make sure i had air tight alibi and i could wait for years for the proper moment. I wouldnt frivolously throw away my life for revenge, but i would get revenge sooner or later. I would probably be tempted to torture them or make them suffer as i had, maybe by killing their family members. In the end i am very sure i wouldnt go that far though.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I used to consider this possibility with a lot of ease. Vengeance killing would have been easy for me. Now, I just don't think it's necessary anymore. What is done is done. However, if that person came to me and taunted me, I'd probably harm or kill them at that point. I dunno.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I'm not really one for murder. It seems like a pretty... inadequate way to deal with someone.
I mean, here you are, presented with the perfect opportunity to do whatever you wish to a person with no consequences. Why would you want to just kill and get rid of them, you know?
I'd set up a nice little torture chamber with different stations and such, including various psychological experiments, etc. I'd keep them there for a few days, let them go for about a month, find them again, repeat cycle until they eventually goes insane.

No, but in all honesty, I have no idea what I would do. I mean, my loved one is dead. Whether I attempt revenge or not isn't changing anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My wife was sexually assaulted by her boss. we knew it without a doubt and the medical evidence was more than there. the officer in charge of the case decided not to prosecute. we complained to the lieutenant.nothing happened. I know where he works and could easily find where he lives. If i knew i could get away with it, i'd probably do something about it. but it's not worth getting caught and ruining my life.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My wife was sexually assaulted by her boss. we knew it without a doubt and the medical evidence was more than there. the officer in charge of the case decided not to prosecute. we complained to the lieutenant.nothing happened. I know where he works and could easily find where he lives. If i knew i could get away with it, i'd probably do something about it. but it's not worth getting caught and ruining my life.
Sorry to hear that, how about your wife?
In such condition, I'll probably scream at him at least

·
Registered
105 Posts
She's doing much better now. Thank you for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
If someone murdered a close loved one of yours, and you knew who did it, what would you do? Would this change if the police weren't doing anything about it (one example would be a case of police brutality where someone was beaten to death)? Would you pull a Dexter Morgan and get vigilante justice?

Would your answer change if you knew with 100% certainty that you wouldn't be punished for your actions?

This came up in a conversation the other day, so I'm curious as to what my fellow NTPs would do in these situations.
I couldn't kill. I'm sort of instinctively a pacifist since I was a kid. I didn't choose pacifism, pacifism chose me. But, not in any mythical way or something. It's just the easiest way of explaining the way I am.

In any case, this scenario reminds me of the show 'The Cape', which only went for one season and then was abruptly cancelled. Man, I loved that show. Even if it was a little silly, it had some charm, and it had Keith David. With circus performers.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
lf they went to prison, no. l'd mind my business completely.

Otherwise yes, l have no qualms about this whatsoever if l wouldn't be caught. lt isn't like l'd have to do it with my bare hands, l can exert less force pulling a trigger than l did cleaning my bathtub this morning :tongue:

·
Registered
73 Posts

I've thought about this a lot. I honestly could kill someone. In fact, if they deserved it, (not an eye for an eye kind of deserve, but evil acts in general kind) not only could I do it, but I would enjoy doing it.
I sometimes fantasize about who deserves to die, exact steps I would take to kill them, and how I could do it in a way to not get cought.
I think about what it would take for me to act on my fantasizes. I don't think I could pull a Dexter and go thru with it unless it was myself or my family on the other end of the evil act. In that case I could and would.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I actually started writing a book based around vigilante justice. Here's an excerpt:

There were sirens wailing in the distance. The TV was blaring in the other room. I was sweating and breathing heavy. Actually, I was gasping for air. Why does it reek of coffee in here? I snapped my attention to the drapes moving as the oscillating fan turned to blow against them briefly.

My senses were on full alert. My eyes wouldn't stop scanning the place. Every tiny noise had me on edge. I wiped my mouth off with the back of the sleeve of my long-sleeved shirt. I felt queasy. I darn well might just throw up. Oh God.

I heard movement out in the hallway and muddled voices. A door slammed. Then pounding. It was on the door to the apartment.

“Joe!”

I had to think fast. Again, I saw the drapes flutter. The window!

“Joe, open the door!” came the hallway voice again. More muddled conversation.

I started to run to the window, but slipped halfway there. I landed hard on my hip, but I rolled to get back up. I looked to see what I had slipped in. I thick, dark pool of… blood?

More pounding.

I scrambled towards the window. Why won’t it open? Come on!

“Just kick it down,” one of the voices out in the hallway said.

I finally got the latches to release and threw it open with all my might. I tumbled out over the window sill onto the fire escape landing. I got to my feet, turned, and slammed the window shut behind me.

Why were my pants wet? Oh, blood.

I ran as fast as I could down the fire escape stairs, down the alley, across the street while cars honked and tires screeched. I ran, and ran, and ran.

Reactions: AnCapKevin

·
Banned
618 Posts

It's the desire for retaliation which causes one person to murder his/her fellow creature in the first place, so by exacting revenge on the person who harmed my loved one, I would be falling into the trap of hypocrisy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I could definitely see myself as a vigilante. Not for personal reasons for the most part. I could definitely see myself killing criminals if I felt that their death would affect the world more positively than negatively, and if there was no way to have them put in prison instead, or any other way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.