Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I drive across the village Nuenen - where he lived for two years - about twice a week. I remember seeing some of his paintings many years ago, like aardappeleters and I was very much intrigued by that particular painting.

Reactions: LeafStew

·
Registered
248 Posts
He is also one of my favourate artists. His Starry Night was a very interesting piece. It portrayed a serene night and transformed it into a representation of the troubled thoughts he held. The heavy, forced brushstrokes make me wonder about his thought process every time he moved the brush. But I'm also told I wonder about things too deeply.:tongue:

Also, note my username. Van Gogh + blood = Veingogh. I suppose I like him a lot. Heh.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
i could probably go on for hours and hours about how much I adore van gogh, but i'll spare everyone. I have a couple of his paintings (reproductions of course, hah) hanging on my bedroom wall staring at me as we speak.

seeing his work is amazing in person, the brushstrokes/how thick the paint is laid on and the texture it creates is amazing and really can't be appreciated in photographs.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
van Gogh brings so many wonderful thoughts to my mind. He is Dutch, like myself and one of the first things my English gf asked was what I knew about him. It turned out she is a great van Gogh lover.

We have a couple of museums in my country with works made by van Gogh. And when i was in London, visiting my gf, it turned out there was a wonderful traveling exhibition in the Art Gallery at that exact time. We spent hours waiting in line to get in and many more hours watching the paintings which depicted in a very good way the various developmental phases van Gogh went through during his career as a painter.

And of course, for psychologists, van Gogh is also a fascinating person. His life gives a great insight into the ways art is intimately related to psyche.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
Starry starry night is probably my favourite painting ever. I really like some of Van Gogh's work.
Possibly a tie with this one - "Sidewalk cafe"....

This is another one I like.....

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have a print of "Wheatfield With Crows" behind me right now actually. It's so metaphorical or where the path can lead into darkness. I love his work especially this piece. Such incredible emotion is put into it, you can see it with the brush strokes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts