Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might not be the best place to ask/research about this, but can't help to try, just can't figure this out.

Rage, fear and violence are emotions/manifestations during complex situations. All come from the inside and can be influenced (a response). This is just to build context, don't focus on discussing the details of this. Anyway all of those create automated responses in the body changing the blood flow to other organs. Then, diggestion and erection (sexual functions) stop being a priority, in fact it can be very difficult to have an erection during a chapter of rage, fear or violence. That's it.

Then how can you explain man rape in prissons?

Some people say they have their mind twisted to begin with, but people end up in prisson due to many diff crimes, not just because there is some twisted sexual distortion in your head (please don't make this into man rape = man to man sex, then related to homosexuality because that's not even close and I don't see the point, it would be in all cases... offensive to any homosexual man).

I was watching some documentaries about violent prissons and couldn't avoid to remember this long time doubt. A robber with great power might end up there, and wants to gain power and respect there (he is not a rapist), a murdered might be in the same situation. Then all of the suden they can adapt to rape... when asked they reject any homosexual orientation and treat their victims as bitches, women, wives. I think this is very twisted, but yes I can make sense of the humilliation or something like that in terms of power and power structures, but not as something that explains how they can sustain an erection there. Can't say anything about women because is different, you don't need to sustain blood flow as men need to keep an erection.

* I know, read and have seen proof that some monkeys (primates?) have sex male to male as a form of humillation, power structure and social interaction, perhaps that's it.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
there can be sexual charge in Power. Some like to have the power, to be in control.

Others like to give up the power - to be "forced." Rape fantasies for some women are an example.

I'm no expert, but I'd think a lot of prison rapes are just horny men who are tired of masturbating.

Reactions: changos

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yes, violence can be a turnon. Power is a turn on and is often an extension of sex. For some people, violence is an extension of power. So they link the three (violence -> power -> sex). On a consensual level, you'll see that combination play out in some BDSM relationships. On a non-consensual, you'll see this in certain types of rape or serial killers.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,510 Posts
there can be sexual charge in Power. Some like to have the power, to be in control.

Others like to give up the power - to be "forced." Rape fantasies for some women are an example.

I'm no expert, but I'd think a lot of prison rapes are just horny men who are tired of masturbating.

Yup. All of these combined basically.

For a lot of people (especially men) sex is a form of dominance.

Gay men often have a master/slave relationship in sex. And before you call them ''deviants'' for this, I suspect a lot of straight men would get off on it too, but with a women it's WAY too taboo most of the time. I mean, I can understand a lot of women not being keen on the idea of being roughed up, called a whore, their hair being pulled, slap/spit to the face etc and after all is done casually talking about what's their plan for the weekend and so on. Doesn't mean there isn't a sizable portion of straight men who actually fantasize about this.

Although to be clear, a gay or straight man whom doesn't give consent is still very much raped. And when it comes to prison, I doubt there's a whole lot of consent, gay or straight. Unfortunately that's probably a HUGE part of the thrill for the offender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts