Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know that we are depicted as a peace loving, violence hating type but, I have responded violently to bullying and MY reaction to it(and myself) afterwards is that of disgust and hatred. To me its like some crazed animal suddenly comes out(though I suspect its more of a "defense" than anything) when i'm pushed to that "edge" we so commonly speak of.

anyway I was wondering if there... or rather how many others are out there who also react like this when pushed(or stressed) that much and how you handle it.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I almost feel like calling upon faith to test me, because I really can't imagine what would make me in conscious mind get violent. Unconscious - sure. But I can't even kill a fly (mosquitos are a different story).

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yup, I definitely had rage-y side during my childhood. Either I've gotten good at controlling it or haven't needed it for a long time though, because right now I couldn't force it out even if I wanted to. I rarely used it on people, it mostly came out when I was working on a project and I didn't feel that my work met my standards. It makes me a little sad now actually, I tore up what were probably some nice crafts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I totally relate to you on the 'crazy animal' feeling--I act insane when I loose my grip.

Almost nobody knows about that side of me and nobody would suspect that it exists because I seem so low key.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I am against violence in principle and am sensitive to graphically violent imagery (due to empathy, blah blah blah), but I have been told I have a "violent energy". It is probably because I can be temperamental; it is not pent-up aggression, as I am not one to repress anger (I probably give into it too much, but I am less fiery than when I was younger). People often tell me that even though I am quiet, that I have a strong personality and they sense I can get aggressive.

I am unlikely to become violent in defense of someone else, but perhaps in self-defense if I feel my person is being attacked (and I don't just mean physical attack). Growing up, my sister and I would get into physical fights. They would start out as verbal and then escalate. One time I punched her face and broke her glasses. As an adult, I still sometimes want to punch people. :shocked:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
When I was watching the latest Star Wars trailer, I was thinking a very emotionally wounded INFP would be the perfect practitioner of the dark side. The mix of spirituality and the warped personal values from the emotional abuse they suffered could twist them into something vengeful. I think they'd like having an apprentice to train up also, finding a kindred spirit to help them conquer everything that had tormented them in the past. The INFP would probably be something of an anti-villain, a lot of evil with a modicum of good mixed in.

·
Banned
2,266 Posts
Now I know that we are depicted as a peace loving, violence hating type but, I have responded violently to bullying and MY reaction to it(and myself) afterwards is that of disgust and hatred. To me its like some crazed animal suddenly comes out(though I suspect its more of a "defense" than anything) when i'm pushed to that "edge" we so commonly speak of.

anyway I was wondering if there... or rather how many others are out there who also react like this when pushed(or stressed) that much and how you handle it.

About time someone talked about our INFP wroth.

Has anyone not seen Legend of the Seeker? Pretty much the whole movie is about INFP/INFJ types being tortured because they ARE sensitive and turning into Mord Sith and Confessors and a host of other equally kinky BDSM-y types who trop around to save the world (or destroy it because the feelz the FEELZ). The Mord Sith girls are selected because they are super compassionate and sensitive and then they are tortured and turned into killing machines. Similarly the Confessors are super sensitive but wield crazy power and more often than naught they go a bit psycho and destroy shit.

INFPs who undergo torture....we are similar. We have an Ideal, the world crushed us, now we are defensive animals unleashing the power of our Feelz.

Very much Dark Lords.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I think any human being could be vulnerable to exhibit aggresive behaviour if they're put under extreme circumstances (e.g., intense stress, violence, threats).

Personally, I don't consider myself aggressive at all (I'm lazy and passive most of the time, lol), but I admit that I do become somewhat temperamental/blunt/cold/harsh with individuals who disrespect other people's feelings and boundaries (like bullies).

When I was like 15 years-old, I took a big stone in my hand and confronted two perverts who stopped their car to harrass me and two of my friends. I stood up in the middle of the deserted street, with the big stone in my hand, and looked at them full of anger, willing to protect my two friends at any cost (they were both younger than me, so I felt responsible for their safety). The two pervs shout at me some insults and then they returned to their car and left. Until this day, I don't know how I gathered the guts to do something so risky, but I guess that was my instinctive response of self-defense.

So yeah, I think self-defense and protecting the ones I love from harm would be the two scenarios where I'd see myself turning into an aggressive creature.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I've stabbed people with pencils, thrown chairs across classrooms - symptoms of being everyone's favourite toy. I'm not so bad now; but I find myself secretly wanting a person to push me too far once they've annoyed me enough. Heck, one of the things that makes me smile is the thought of sitting in a lawn chair, listening to Mozart's 21st Piano Concerto (the whole thing - not just the andante), while watching the world burn around me.

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Banned
2,266 Posts
There have only been a couple of times I've let my anger go violent. And in one case I nearly head cranked a dude who kept pulling me out from dancing with my gf. Another time I hit a guy in the tailbone with a steel toe boot and shredded him verbally and threatened him after he slapped my thighs. And the other times I don't talk about.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I have only been angry enough to be physical only toward two people in my life. It takes a certain type of person to push me, to challenge me. I have endured being choked and insulted by my ex without me resulting to physical violence. But there is a certain button, if pushed, I'm fucking ready to go.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
There have only been a couple of times I've let my anger go violent. And in one case I nearly head cranked a dude who kept pulling me out from dancing with my gf. Another time I hit a guy in the tailbone with a steel toe boot and shredded him verbally and threatened him after he slapped my thighs. And the other times I don't talk about.
Well, stupid needs to hurt eventually. There are some that don't learn until their legs are broken, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts