Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know how to word this but i was just wondering, how common is virginity with INFPs?
i'll admit i'm still a virgin, hell i haven't even kissed anyone but its because i haven't felt the right connection yet.
so how many of you are still virgins (if you don't mind me asking)
and if you're not, do you regret it?
i've had times when i'm in the heat of the moment and i long for affection but i stop myself because i know there isn't a deep connection.
i try to not let friends or society pressure me into it or make me look down on myself for my virginity,
but sometimes i do.
for me it isn't a moral thing, i do agree with waiting till marriage for the most part but for me i think that love itself for that person would be a greater bond than vows.
anyway i was going to make a poll but that would seem kind of smutty? yeah i think so.
so help me if anyone posts the video for "Like a Virgin"......:crazy:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think there's more pressure for males to lose their virginity than females. Correct me if I'm wrong. I regret losing my virginity to someone I didn't have feelings for, as there was no satisfaction for me on a physical or emotional level. Do not let yourself pressured by society to commit an act you don't want to do. I wish you the strength to keep going until you find someone worthy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i don't know how to word this but i was just wondering, how common is virginity with INFPs?
i'll admit i'm still a virgin, hell i haven't even kissed anyone but its because i haven't felt the right connection yet.
so how many of you are still virgins (if you don't mind me asking)
and if you're not, do you regret it?
i've had times when i'm in the heat of the moment and i long for affection but i stop myself because i know there isn't a deep connection.
i try to not let friends or society pressure me into it or make me look down on myself for my virginity,
but sometimes i do.
for me it isn't a moral thing, i do agree with waiting till marriage for the most part but for me i think that love itself for that person would be a greater bond than vows.
anyway i was going to make a poll but that would seem kind of smutty? yeah i think so.
so help me if anyone posts the video for "Like a Virgin"......:crazy:
My advice? Don't worry about it. You are still young, and (hopefully) you have a long life ahead of you. So just go with the flow... Anyone can lose their virginity by, say, going to a whorehouse and taking some money with them. You could do that if you wanted to, and I'm pretty sure you know that already. There would be nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing wrong with waiting until you love someone. These days, virginity is a choice - so if you still have yours, its for a good reason. If waiting for the person you love makes you happy, then wait. From what I could see, the problem is not being virgin - the problem is not having a 'special person'. And everyone eventually finds someone. So don't worry about it.

... Is this post as confusing as I think it is?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
In high school, girls call each other sluts for everything. It's ridiculous, considering that some people are just more liberal or don't attach emotion to the act but still have their ethics straight. I regret it because the guy ended up being a JERK on top of spreading rumors about it, not because I didn't have feelings for him. I have found someone else who would be worth it, though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 20 and still haven't done it yet, not even kissed and I feel so PROUD about it.
Waiting for my special someone and I know it is going to be awesome :wink:

Sex without Love is just something that doesn't exist in my dictionary. If other people really need to do it so bad then why don't they masturbate and stop wasting so much time on dating and all that drama?
I don't know how many times my friends "fell in love" with someone the past 2 months lol maybe 5 or 6 each.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Well, that depends on how one defines "virginity", but the first time I had sex with a partner was really just a few months ago. It was with my first girlfriend, whom I loved so very much in every way at the time. I was 19, BTW. Yeah. I waited a long time for it, because I wanted it to be a decision I could be proud of, and I think I did alright with that. In fact, sex was really great in that relationship - it made me feel closer to her, to the earth, to everyone and everything and to some higher power. It was pretty literally divine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm 20 and a virgin, I've never even had a girlfriend yet. I don't put so much thought into it. It's just going to take the time it takes.

·
Registered
870 Posts
It's very much an emotional thing for me also. I'm happy to wait. Although it would be nice if it happened before I turn 25. I used to have unreasonably high standards and absolutely no confidence, which is not a good mxture. But now i'm a little more levelled out so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, I guess I'm a bit relieved that this is somewhat of an INFP regularity, I'm 20 and lost my virginity about a month ago. I consider it a mistake but don't regret it. The girl in question and I had considered a relationship and after about 3 weeks of talking we had sex, and close to a week after that she stopped talking to me, not cutting ties, just stopped answering phone calls, texts, the whole shebang. I realize that I was a rebound of her previous relationship which had ended while I was "talking" to her, sucks, but I'm trying to use it as an experience, to try and keep proactive, which is hard for a unhealthy type 5. But apparently like a lot of the others here I still have not got in a relationship CLOSE but never seems to come to fruition. Might be part of the "high standards" that a lot of us seem to have, and I think that's more of our "finding the right one" LOL but that's probably my INFP defense :p

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I'm still a virgin and while I am sometimes sad about it, I am normally perfectly happy with this situation. I mean, I'm not really trying to save myself, but at the same time I am okay with not losing it in a way that will make me regretful later.

And thankfully I have surrounded myself with friends who really don't care.:proud:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm not a virgin, and I half regret it. But I look at it as... "Well, now I know how to please my next lover better." At least. ^^;

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm not a virgin, and I half regret it. But I look at it as... "Well, now I know how to please my next lover better." At least. ^^;
ROFL. Yes. This is what I say too! And figuring that, even thought I may not have come out on top, its another staple of normal life progression down, or an eventuality that I've gotten out of the way. Bleh, I hate making that sound so crass.

Midnight Runner said:
And thankfully I have surrounded myself with friends who really don't care.
Yeah, same here, my friends rarely gave me any grief over being a virgin. But at the same time I don't imagine many INFP's hanging around the stereotype alpha male/barbie girl types who trivialize such things. Or at least those who harass people over such things.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Awww... You guys are so cute! :proud:

I'm not against pre-marital sex, but since I'm a religious Muslim, God is my only reason to hold on my virginity.
I'm 25 going on 26. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my youth. LOL

1 - 20 of 133 Posts