Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what was your first time like? What is a good age to lose your virginity?

·
Registered
250 Posts
16. Awkward. I was never one to think of virginity as something sacred and I was right to think so.

Good age to "use" your virginity? Uh... there isn't really a specific age. You should never feel like you have to lose it at a certain point. Just be smart. Don't be stupid. Have all the BC options open to you and your partner. Stay safe. Don't be stupid. Understand all the risks such as diseases and pregnancy. Don't be stupid.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Erm, I personally thought the first time was a bit overrated myself. But if I had to stick an adjective to it, I guess "fun" will do the trick? As for a good age, erm, the legal age will keep you free from hassles later in life. But realistically, there is no objective "good age" to start having sex. Become sexually active when you're sexually mature (i.e. after puberty) and when you're emotionally ready for it.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
It came as a surprise, and it was nice. I agree that 16-18 is about right, but the thing that will make your sex life good is making healthy choices and not having too casual of an attitude towards sex. Just do what feels right. If you don't know what that is, find someone that you can be comfortable with and explore :wink:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I was 24. Being somewhere in the asexual realm of things (probably grey-a, but still identifying a good deal with asexuality), and also having a low libido, it was simply never important to me. My reason for trying sex? Curiosity mainly, rather than any real drive to have it. It was awkward and clumsy and we had absolutely no idea what we were doing (he was a virgin as well, and also somewhere on the asexual[ish]-but-curious spectrum), but there's not really anything I'd change about it. We're married now, haha.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My first time was extraordinarily painful. I curse my body for being difficult about the whole thing. Good thing it got over it! Still, it was a special experience.

How does one use their virginity?

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
*shrug* It wasn't a memorable experience. The actual sex, anyway. Quite frankly, it was an afterthought at the time. I'm a demi, so I don't need intercourse to feel intimacy, but it's nice now and then I guess. But that night, it was really all about the foreplay. Hell, by the time the sex came around, she was exhausted by what she later referred to as my "magic fingers" and I was so thrilled to have been able to give what I did, that the sex wouldn't have happened at all except she persuaded me, saying she felt I didn't get nearly as much attention as she did but she wanted me to.

So... it was meh. I only made the attempt to please and comfort her. And like I said, she was exhausted, so she wasn't very responsive, and so... neither was I in fairly short order. :eek:P Fortunately, future moments of intimacy were far better all around. I only remember that night because of all the lovely goings on prior to the actual sex though. Oh, that was fun.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was 18 1/2, I was a romantic asexual, I was innocent, without need or desire.. I lived with the boyfriend for 2 years until he initiated actual sex. It was weird..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lose smart ass T.T lol

My first time was extraordinarily painful. I curse my body for being difficult about the whole thing. Good thing it got over it! Still, it was a special experience.

How does one use their virginity?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
2012 thread? Mine was weird (not the best word but close). Half me was nervous and not sure of doing it, the other half was sure but still don't think for the right reasons. I love to explore so that part was a lot of fun but the emotional part was really missing. I'm a guy, intj, thinker, etc but with a strong emotional side.

What's the best age to do it? there is no perfect age but I don't think below 23 is fine (with all due respect) why? most people can't even choose a career, job (if they even have one) below that age. I know a lot of people feel like such a big man or woman since 16 years old but very rarely... someone really know what's going on.

At this stage of my life I heard lots of diff stories, even had the same friends telling the same story in diff ways, some changed it to make it sound cool and hide their fears and then were honest, others just were really sure of many things only to find out otherwise over the years. It's fun to learn and it's fun to have your friends telling you what was really the true.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
my virginity losing experience was awesome, as good as i could expect it, i'm thinking...

i had been saving myself, being religious and whatnot, but eventually i decided it was time.

it took me 9 months. 1. i had no idea what i was doing. 2. i was hopeless with women. 3. i had absolutely no guidance, as with everything, (no father or older brother/cousin or an available uncle), i had to learn how it was done on my own.

so, i'm going along in life knowing one of these girls i was seeing was going to be my first. i got offers from some women, what i then didn't recognize to be offers. i dated girls in that time too, but it seemed too formal. even had an unsuccessful one night stand...i didn't bring a condom. you'd think i'd know that...it was in every movie!

eventually i get a girl i enjoy talking to. a week or so later, that was it. i had met her previously, in passing, so it was rather easy.

how was it? for her, i'm sure it wasn't anything special. for me? damn, i nearly lost my mind. was with that girl for 4 months. then she moved.

interestingly, she never knew she was my first. years later i let her know and she refused to believe it. she accused me saying that just to get into her pants...even today i'm not sure she believes it.

women. even when you're not lying to them, you're lying to them...

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,907 Posts
I was 16, and it was awkward as hell. It was over in 5 seconds. Wait until you feel that you are ready. Then take the proper precautions. That's the best age.

Reactions: Zster

·
Registered
15,618 Posts
19 , I was finally ready ( broke up with all my previous exes bc of this topic ) . Can't remember if it was good or bad - just remember the 2nd time we had sex I told him " so that's why people love sex"
No I don't regret losing my virginity I'm still with the same guy that I lost it too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts