Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, if anyone reads this,I'm not really a blog person,but this may become normal. Anyhow,I'm an atheist. I'm a leave me alone atheist. I'm not going to tell people to live my life. My life is uniquely fit for me. I do want space to be able to talk about my atheism, but, I think I'm too old to be a militant. So, anyhow, as an atheist, who is also UU, I got mixed up in this online art movement called Visionary Art. This is where I learn most of these people have taken mind altering drugs, Entheogens. And a lot of people make art to connect with God. I like to go small g, because big G is automatic Christianity,and I don't get the sense they are followers of Jesus. They are followers of more like Shiva. I get the sense, they're more Eastern Religion. I really love Shintoism, and, I'm a Buddhist, because, mainly the Beat Generation were Buddhists, so I was easy to get to. A hippie artistic community that takes a nontraditional view of god. Entheogen means god within.

So, I just made a huge gamble to not just be a collector of Visionary Art, but to go down that path, and incorporate spiritual symbolism in my art . Recently, I started attending Buddhist Meditation Class at my UU church. I think the first night was about stopping your current destructive path. This was the story of the Buddha and Angulimala. Angulimala apparently was a ruthless killer who tried to kill the Buddha when he traveled Angulimala's way, but, could not catch up to him, even though the Buddha was walking, and Angulimala was on a horse. I think that night was also about resisting temptation, with a story about a cookie and the teacher.

Last Monday, was the second Buddhist Meditation class. That was about DMT, death, and Shiva, playing a part in the cycle of life. That was also about teaching the heart how to forgive. The example was this article about this teen who brought a gun on to a bus and accidentally killed a class mate. The grieving mother of the victim, got the sentence reduced to a clearly remorseful killer, on condition that he travel the country with her, giving anti-gun talks. Sort of be aware of the guilt, and use it for some good. Mindfulness. After this talk on forgiveness and teaching the heart to forgive, I took to my drawing pad and I drew the heart chakra, which is green. And I used green oil pastel. So, that's my first stepping stone in becoming more Visionary, by making art with spiritual themes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts