Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I've been told by several people, either on here or another personality site that I frequent that it would be quite wise to do a video of myself to assist with typing.

So I have a question, what should I discuss during this video? How long should it be? I'm really quite painfully shy face-to-face so just telling me to speak over anything surely wouldn't go too well!

This question would probably be helpful to others who want to make videos too! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Well, I'm no expert, nor am I experienced in typing people, but here is what I would do.

The video should show your face/shoulders and at least some of your upper body, probably. It might be helpful to see your hands/arms if you are gesturing as you talk.

You can answer a (short) questionnaire on video, such as the 21Q or this one. Or you could talk about subject(s) of interest. I would say at least 10-15 minutes.

Personally I have done two type-me videos and one interaction video with our very own Entropic. All three were helpful, especially the interaction video. The first two videos were just me alone talking to the camera. I just talked for ~12 minutes IIRC and then cut myself off (I can talk off-the-cuff for hours so that works for me, lol). The second video, I answered the questionnaire linked above and easily filled 15 minutes.

It can also be enlightening to see yourself on camera, if you haven't already. I was pleasantly surprised by my constant flow of speech, lol, I barely paused or said "um" at all. I also found out that I express a lot of Fe xD which I wasn't aware of before the video. Lol. I stopped doubting Fe-valuing after that! So it can be interesting to see yourself too.

Reactions: SheWolf

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm no expert, nor am I experienced in typing people, but here is what I would do.

The video should show your face/shoulders and at least some of your upper body, probably. It might be helpful to see your hands/arms if you are gesturing as you talk.

You can answer a (short) questionnaire on video, such as the 21Q or this one. Or you could talk about subject(s) of interest. I would say at least 10-15 minutes.

Personally I have done two type-me videos and one interaction video with our very own Entropic. All three were helpful, especially the interaction video. The first two videos were just me alone talking to the camera. I just talked for ~12 minutes IIRC and then cut myself off (I can talk off-the-cuff for hours so that works for me, lol). The second video, I answered the questionnaire linked above and easily filled 15 minutes.

It can also be enlightening to see yourself on camera, if you haven't already. I was pleasantly surprised by my constant flow of speech, lol, I barely paused or said "um" at all. I also found out that I express a lot of Fe xD which I wasn't aware of before the video. Lol. I stopped doubting Fe-valuing after that! So it can be interesting to see yourself too.
Haha, I don't like seeing myself on camera. It's.... strange.

I pause A LOT when I talk. It's something I notice all the time and I hate it. Haha.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

OKaayyyy so I made a video but I don't want to post it. :) :) :) I'm far too shy.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
@Vespera , Post if/when you feel comfortable. :) There's no rush to post it now or at all, if you don't want to.

There are lots of people who don't post videos at all, for privacy reasons for instance, and they have been typed just fine from written questionnaires. (Though as I recall you've already tried that.) So I hope you don't feel any pressure to post! :)

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Vespera , Post if/when you feel comfortable. :) There's no rush to post it now or at all, if you don't want to.

There are lots of people who don't post videos at all, for privacy reasons for instance, and they have been typed just fine from written questionnaires. (Though as I recall you've already tried that.) So I hope you don't feel any pressure to post! :)
I can PM you the link if you'd like to watch it! I started a thread here.

I made a little shout-out to you and Frankie made an appearance. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts