Personality Cafe banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The OP picture is insane and represents probably what my brain has become, but not really what my brain is doing now.

Ni and Ne are just in reverse. I experience both all the time.

Ni- you've gather outside sensory data and put these into folders, and into another folder and into another folder called "Concept A" and compare it to "Concept A.1" as deep as it can go. The folders keep getting bigger and new folders are created as you keep learning. Everything in the outside world gets compared to what's in your head, but since a lot of senses have been categorized already, the outside world becomes uninteresting until you come across a new concept. Then you start to instantly make connections to what's already stored in your mind and categorize it. this is what stimulates the mind

Ne you do the opposite- You've gathered outside sensory data and put them into small folders that are organized by the outside world. So these folders get used when your senses come across something related to each folder of sensory data/experiences you already have. The more complex and new the outer environment is the more folders will be created to be drawn from when other similar senses and experiences are stimulated later. This stimulates the mind. That's why some sort of creativity comes naturally because outside senses are being instantly connected to other senses and experiences.
I understand the Ni portion, especially in bold. Could you clarify "outside folders" for Ne? Also, I would elaborate that the "outside" concept could be dealing with adding a "thought" to world of ideas... I am much more concerned with ideas, theories, than with what actually exists, which I view as temporary.

But as far as I know, Ne's think similarly? Or are they more concerned with the real... I have heard they are also concerned with what "could be" ... or does "could be" mean, finding something else that is actually THERE (just have to find it). B/C I am more concerned with things which may never have actually existed, but are underlying, and possible.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
After reading http://personalitycafe.com/articles/84275-cognitive-function-ne-vs-ni.html, I thought of Ni and Ne like these pictures:

Ni

Ne

Ni: because the object stays the same... But when you shift perspectives - just like the sun moves around, casting light and shadow in different places - the meaning (the hour) changes.

Ne: because this was a nice clock, with... hey! Astrological signs! And something like a big bang in the background... Ah, I see it now! The big bang brought forth both time and horoscopes! Of course! Everything is connected! :D

(lol)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I understand the Ni portion, especially in bold. Could you clarify "outside folders" for Ne? Also, I would elaborate that the "outside" concept could be dealing with adding a "thought" to world of ideas... I am much more concerned with ideas, theories, than with what actually exists, which I view as temporary.

But as far as I know, Ne's think similarly? Or are they more concerned with the real... I have heard they are also concerned with what "could be" ... or does "could be" mean, finding something else that is actually THERE (just have to find it). B/C I am more concerned with things which may never have actually existed, but are underlying, and possible.
By outside folders I mean that Ne develops through making connections from the outside world and events and organizes them into smaller concepts that are used to understand and make comparisons to what's happening, or to add on to more ideas. Smaller concepts based on reality, or imagination are processed together quickly. With Ne something will make you think of something, which will make you think of something else. So it's a very spontaneous process of comparing concepts and using them together. But it's effortless. That's how I would describe it. With Ne I think things that don't exist can be thought of. It seems like Ni would be used in finding the underlying concepts. It seems kind of in between. I think like that all the time but I'm not exactly sure.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Well I definitely use more Ni than Ne... probably at a 75%-25% rate. Being Ndom in general, I'm pretty apt at Ne also, but definitely prefer Ni and "analyzing a particular"

so maybe like this...

Topic Banana...

I would talk about every single detail about it and it's meaning and what it might represent. I am even thinking about while talking about it, like a phallic symbol, yellow symbolizing caution, etc.

Ne user might talk about it's relationship to other fruits.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts

A vast galaxy where all thoughts and ideas and perceptions move in concert around a vast center (which I suppose could be interpreted as the Self or as the Purpose). Some of them are still unformed or raw data in the form of nebulae. Others are tight, organized solar systems--ideas that have been given more time to be subjected to the rigors of Ti. But the rest are mostly bright, shining stars of thought pushed into position by various connections so they spin and rotate with related thoughts.
WINNER!!!
10char

Reactions: Kyrielle

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
This is how I perceive Ni:

Ne is when you multi-task or play with single ideas.. Ne can jump from idea to idea with ease of movement, not dedicating itself fully to anything but the exploration itself.

Ni is connecting to an idea, swimming in its depths, and coming out with answers..
I think of Ni as Universal Law.. o.o

More Ni from my perception:

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.