Personality Cafe banner
1321 - 1340 of 1843 Posts

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts

(Another user in a different visual typing thread made an interesting point about my collages. I'll quote them here)

So much Se! Very romantic, mobile, active. Seems like you could engage with each situation. Visually stimulating. Maybe a little Te (controlled palette and low contrasts etc, but unsure).

·
Registered
Big 5 = Best
895 Posts

(Another user in a different visual typing thread made an interesting point about my collages. I'll quote them here)
Yeah very much Se and sx! Seems like it could be either sx 2 or 6. I wanted to say 4 at first, but it doesn't seem very identity-focused (in a meta way) other than a possible interpretation of the picture with the book and quill pen.

Here's one I made during which I took way too long finding images and them deleting them because they didn't feel right.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
@Jakuri I find it interesting how you didn't see the collage as light-hearted. But you're probably right, it may be due to different stackings and function valuing. :) Let me just say that I really enjoy your collages. They're so whimsical, hopeful, and fantastic. I especially like the second and third ones.

There's no doubt that your collages show strong Ne-Si. Plus your last collage is definitely sp 9. Sleep is amazing, after all. :kitteh:

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Yeah very much Se and sx! Seems like it could be either sx 2 or 6. I wanted to say 4 at first, but it doesn't seem very identity-focused (in a meta way) other than a possible interpretation of the picture with the book and quill pen.

Here's one I made during which I took way too long finding images and them deleting them because they didn't feel right.

:D I saw your collage on FB. I'm Ashley.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
@Little Lotte

yeah I've been told I my images are pretty Se/Ni. Yours aren't "softer" usually.

how do you make a gif collage?
I assume you mean 'are' :D
I'm sure there's a better way but what I did was to make a gifset on Tumblr [you can just put the gifs up with 'images' and then arrange them] and then to record that with Instagiffer
Didn't work so well for me but I think if you have fewer images it works well.

edit: btw noticed you changed your instincts to so/sx. Interesting!

Reactions: SheWolf

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
I assume you mean 'are' :D
I'm sure there's a better way but what I did was to make a gifset on Tumblr [you can just put the gifs up with 'images' and then arrange them] and then to record that with Instagiffer
Didn't work so well for me but I think if you have fewer images it works well.

edit: btw noticed you changed your instincts to so/sx. Interesting!
Ugh yeah I meant "are." I was on my phone and it must've autocorrected.

Ah. Maybe I'll give that a try.

And yes, I have. I'm not sure of it yet, but it's what I'm leaning to now.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
:O :O :O
@Little Lotte

Your new avatar is amazing. I love it. ♥

I created a master collage of every image I feel represents me/what I feel.

4w5 Sx/sp (w/ 6-fix). Where are people seeing 2 in your collages??

It seems most likely :) something was off with 458 as a whole. Plus there's a presence of 6 in my collages, though it's there as a thing in the background/ third fix type deal, but I can't unsee it now. I don't have the bleak, detachedness of 5, even if there are things about me that are offensively detached, probably due to social lastness.

___

Also, my most recent collage:

__

I took down the instagram pics because it's too much to look at and confusing, but people can find it from my blog which is linked in my signature, if they want. :)
Whoa, definitely 8, and sx/sp.

Quite fascinating, because to me it didn't look that light-hearted actually -- especially the three pictures on the left. But on the socionics front I am solidly judicious and Se PoLR; on the Enneagram front I am sx-last, so my threshold would be far lower than the ones with strong sx instinct and Ni-Se valuing/decisive sociotype.

Also, while this does not require reiteration, I have to say the following. It's lovely to see people spending non-trivial amount of time to create collages with pictures/photos that speak to themselves in some manner; I believe that's why I see collages that are so different from mine. In some cases, I think some collages come across as so otherworldly from my world. Too dark, too intense, too overwhelming, whatever the reasons may be. Differences really do show. It's high time we celebrate individual differences and individuality:
---------
With that long introductory remark done, posting some new stuff

Sources: I & VI (same source), II, III, IV, V

Sources: VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

Sources: XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII

Sources: XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI

Posted a while ago in the Enneagram thread in stealth, but I am putting this exSiting collage more openly.

Sources: XXII, XXIII, XXIV
When am I not sleepy, you ask? (Literally, a while ago someone rhetorically said this to me)
That's a good question, both figuratively and literally.
9w1

I will post some of my collages from socionics on here too, if anyone is willing to look at them for enneagram...

4w5 so/sx (w/ 9-fix)

Ok a frustrating process and I have sorta made a gif collage :frustrating:

Small version:

Larger, broken version

The problem is that my [plus] key is broken so I can't enlarge my screen, luckily I don't use Tumblr haha but if I ever want to it will be just a tiny website

The words say 'Everyone has danced with Death, but no one like Elisabeth'

I don't know why it is so fuzzy :crying: it wasn't when I began
Yours is probably the toughest, but I see 9w1. Seems positive triad, at least.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
4w5 Sx/sp (w/ 6-fix). Where are people seeing 2 in your collages??
@Animal would do a better job explaining than I could. I find it difficult to put these things into words. Namely because I still have some to learn.

Now, a guy that was pretty professional looked at my collages and thought he saw some "pseudo-4."
But, then he looked at my photos of myself and said "Nope. Not a 4."
LOL. How I see my collages is a 2 wanting badly to integrate to 4, but it's not quite there. There are other 4's collages I've looked at and their's are so different.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
@mistakenforstranger
I agree that my collages look very 8ish. I was curious if those same professionals that @Thorn mentioned would see 8 (or even 6 with the toughness) in my collages instead of 4. However, they still saw 4. (Two of them separately who didn't know me previously saw it from my collages, and another had long ago typed me at 4.) I am still waiting on the longer explanation about why my collages apparently scream 4, so I will share it here when I hear it. :)

I did compare it to an 8's collage, who has a 4 fix, and it's like his brutality is implicit whereas mine is 'part of an expression,' which doesn't mean that it's fake or forced, but just that I guess I'm too aware of it. Not sure if that makes sense. He is the same way with 8 stuff, not aware of it.

I'm not saying that I'm pushing 8 or forcing it, though. I also apparently pushed out 6 without realizing I was six fixed. But that's because the fixes are more like something we can see in ourselves even if we can't get rid of them, whereas the core is pervasive and implicit but we take a lot of it for granted.

No matter what one expresses, the core comes out on its own. I'll share when I can say more about why it's four from their perspective.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Yours is probably the toughest, but I see 9w1. Seems positive triad, at least.
Thanks!
Any particular reason for 9 except for positive triad/not too 2 or 7? curious because I've been wondering about 9 lately [but a vibe is a vibe oc]

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
@Jakuri I find it interesting how you didn't see the collage as light-hearted. But you're probably right, it may be due to different stackings and function valuing. :) Let me just say that I really enjoy your collages. They're so whimsical, hopeful, and fantastic. I especially like the second and third ones.

There's no doubt that your collages show strong Ne-Si. Plus your last collage is definitely sp 9. Sleep is amazing, after all. :kitteh:
Thank you for the message! I think the main contributing factors are that I am not just sx-last, but I am also Se PoLR (which I think was pretty obvious from my collages; not just this one, but the previous ones too). So these two things in a way amplify each other to set the threshold very high for me to feel "light-hearted" enough. The ones that I find overwhelming, too "intense", or that makes me go "whoa" have low chance of making into my collage. There was once where I had to work outside of my comfort zone, but @lets mosey pointed out that it still didn't come out that forceful. Forced force, so I was half-expecting that. The song itself has some strong emotions and there is this fight between the two extremes...so it's intense in a way, but it's funny that I didn't find the song overwhelming at all but rather beautiful in its own way. But that's a digression.

Also, I have been hesitant to put the last one up because that would make typing "too easy". Definitely sp 9! (I am sp/so.) Speaking of which, I woke up in the afternoon, and the only non-trivial productive thing I did was preparing for an exam next May with a colleague of mine for a few hours. But after coming back and having dinner I felt tired, even though at that point I had been only up for 5~6 hours. Like what people around me say, maybe I love sleep unusually more than others do. What can I say, my home is my sanctuary, but the bed is the sanctuary within that sanctuary. Well, my officemate hates the fact that he is forced to go to bed because he's just tired, when he can get so much stuff done during that 7~8 hours. I would joke that we should create a "sleep transfer machine" so that I can enjoy sleep while he does what he wants. :laughing: And I digress again.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Now, a guy that was pretty professional looked at my collages and thought he saw some "pseudo-4."
But, then he looked at my photos of myself and said "Nope. Not a 4."
It's more than pseudo-4, and your descriptions of what the photos actually mean to you a few pages back were again very 4. I would even see cp-6 in your collages before I would see 2. However, your collage doesn't equal your actual type, of course. It's only one part of the picture, so to speak.

LOL. How I see my collages is a 2 wanting badly to integrate to 4, but it's not quite there. There are other 4's collages I've looked at and their's are so different.
It looks more unhealthy for a 2 rather than integration. How do you see them differing from other 4s?

@mistakenforstranger
I agree that my collages look very 8ish. I was curious if those same professionals that @Thorn mentioned would see 8 (or even 6 with the toughness) in my collages instead of 4. However, they still saw 4. (Two of them separately who didn't know me previously saw it from my collages, and another had long ago typed me at 4.) I am still waiting on the longer explanation about why my collages apparently scream 4, so I will share it here when I hear it. :)
Interesting, I would be curious to hear why they see 4, too. Please do share when you hear back, unless it's too private. On an old site, I once had various members read one of these collages I made, and it was so interesting to hear how they interpreted it, with some seeing 5w4, 4w5, 1w9, and 6w5. I asked the one person why they saw 6w5, because I wasn't expecting that, and it's like we were looking at two different pictures. The way they interpreted the images was so far from what it meant to me, so I guess it would help to explain why one chooses the images too, if one feels comfortable discussing that.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Thanks!
Any particular reason for 9 except for positive triad/not too 2 or 7? curious because I've been wondering about 9 lately [but a vibe is a vibe oc]
I'm afraid I don't have a very good explanation besides it having the element of fantasy woven throughout. There's a mythological storybook quality to it, filled with wonder at the world (7-fix, too). 9s, especially 9w1s, have the fairy-tale vibe to them.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Interesting, I would be curious to hear why they see 4, too. Please do share when you hear back, unless it's too private. On an old site, I once had various members read one of these collages I made, and it was so interesting to hear how they interpreted it, with some seeing 5w4, 4w5, 1w9, and 6w5. I asked the one person why they saw 6w5, because I wasn't expecting that, and it's like we were looking at two different pictures. The way they interpreted the images was so far from what it meant to me, so I guess it would help to explain why one chooses the images too, if one feels comfortable discussing that.
Yeah. Nobody is an "ultimate authority" or always right - but - this person who is reading our collages has studied the enneagram for more than 50 years and writes brilliant stuff, and finds things in collages that ring true about the person, even when one person didn't agree with his typing.. the person did agree that he saw things in their soul that were genuine, from the collage. Most other people, even if the type they thought they were was not in the collage, they could see that in fact, the type shown in the collage DID demonstrate something about them; and many made new revelations about their self-typing. And the updated typings felt much more right to them.

This is not about giving it to a panel of intelligent people that might throw random opinions out; this is about a whole method of how to read collages and what a lot of things mean, and how to read types in a much deeper way.

People are always skeptical about new methods, but @Sun Daeva and I took to it very easily because we have been practicing this kind of visual typing for a long time, and the way they read types into it has heightened our ideas that we had before, but also taken us to the next level. It really stirs the gut, so it's not about an arbitrary collection of opinions. It's about unveiling the deeper mechanisms of type. This guy stares at your collage for days and channels back out the deeper wounding behind it. And his fellow brilliant, enneagram-educated friends also give their opinions separate from him, but they tend to land on the same things since there is a method to this madness. And it is amazing how, when something is revealed that you didn't expect, you can't unsee it.

Some posts of mine on the topic.

Some thoughts on the art of reading collages:

I've noticed some people going through the thread and giving their impressions based on previous notions about types. There is nothing wrong with that. But it's not how I did it. I looked at the people whose types I was completely sure of, and what their collages looked like. (I left myself and my husband out of 'types I'm sure of' because that's too close to home and can cloud my perspective.) I compared that to the collages [someone more advanced] was posting and the types he had listed [with the readings about WHY that type was displayed in the collage, by the guru]. I started to see the pattern, especially where instincts were concerned. It lined up with people I know whose types I am confident of.

To me, an exercise like this is about letting go of previous notions. It's about stepping back and seeing patterns that emerge, learning to find them. We can learn the art of reading collages by finding the patterns in actual people. Presuming that what we associate with a type is really that type - especially if it doesn't line up with correctly typed people whose collages are right in front of you - will not teach you anything. Of course we can return to our previous notions, or we can reject the art of reading collages altogether, or incorporate our own notions into it - but you can't break the rules til you know the rules, basically.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
It looks more unhealthy for a 2 rather than integration. How do you see them differing from other 4s?
It probably is. I'm not healthy right now. Life isn't doing so hot for me at the moment. That's why my collages are so visceral at this time.

Other 4's... I see that they portray this "flawed" being and they were it as an identity. They expose their ugliness.

I could go through what each picture in my collage means to me but that's exhausting. What the 4's have explained about their images vs what I think that they mean for me are so, so different.

But, as I've said before right now I won't be surprised by any typing. Trying to figure out your core type yourself is like trying to look at your forehead without a mirror. Lol.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I just made a new one too

I particularly liked the two pics in the middle row. The right one especially is pretty calming, I find.

Hmm now I am really curious about this professional. My curiosity is piqued.

p.s. Huh, my 964th.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Bored [it is too noisy in my house to concentrate, or I'm using that as an excuse to not concentrate]
Thought I would try to make collages for the three types I'm really considering rn, 1, 2, and 9, instead of trying to put into words why I'm considering these types

Images sans words don't work well with me so I'm also using quotes but only from me, lines I've written, which feels pretentious but it's more...me

1:

2:

9:

[my text/image skills are obviously inferior but I think it's all technically readable so]

edit: btw, I still welcome these collages being typed, I don't mean to imply that they are actually 9, 1, and 2, obviously I can't be all three types, this was just my sorting method :D

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Wow, it's been a while :shocked: I'm excited to start typing others but first...

View attachment 586794

...I'll just leave that there :wink:
Well, bottom left makes it all look very Six :D I'd guess Six or Nine anyways, maybe leaning more Six since I don't really 'get' some of the images which...seems to happen with head types and me
The top row...I don't know what is happening :unsure:
Middle row...the globe getting planned out, little strings between things, and then the stars on the eyelids...left one seems more on the Six/Seven line, going into reality but needing it to be planned out, while the right one seems more on the Five/Six line, I'm interpreting it like...trying to draw the universe into yourself, paste stars onto your eyelids, as the glitter stars are safer and closer than the real ones. Bottom right could also express the fear/wonder at nature, so I see it fitting a head type well.

1321 - 1340 of 1843 Posts