Personality Cafe banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
6,423 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The quoted in red....is a Ti function.....you can narrow it down from there but this rules out ISTJ and most other profiles bar three. He's seems like an I but ENTPs can seem introverted and have "angry with the world" faces, and can also be the most introverted extroverts...I'd say he's an ENTP, he's got to have a way with people to get where he is. His diverse hobbies are just another pointer.
That is true I didn't think of that. Officially I know he is listed as an ISTP but I am not in total agreement with that. I do have a friend that is an ENTP and he is constantly thinking that he is teetering at the edge of Extroversion and Introversion. So that is an interesting point. Vladimir seems pretty decisive to me though in the way of Perception and Judging.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Celebrity Types is not "official." Scares me to see someone refer to their typings that way.

Putin being an ENTP is a total joke though. He's an introvert and it's not even close. Extreme introvert. Unlikely NTP either. Probably IxTJ or ISTP.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
I have a strange admiration for the guy for some reason. Just something about watching him speak and seeing his interviews on RT and other places as well as his speeches he just comes off as a rational and reasonable person. Of course I understand lot of it can just be an act, but at least his act is respectable...to where most western politicians' acts are just sad and very hard to actually take seriously/believe let alone respect.

Also very easy to understand why most in the west see him as some evil dictator...because that's how our media always portrays him. It's Russia, we're always going to be told by our gov't/media that they're all evil commies who only want to rule the world and throw everybody who disagrees with them into the gulag (as if we don't throw shitload of people into prisons for petty crimes and the most common one shouldn't even be a crime to begin with)....because he's competing with our own evil corporate capitalists and their wanting to rule the world.

I've heard ISTP about him, but I'm not the best at typing people anyway and besides, it's almost impossible to actually type somebody based solely on what we see portrayed in public appearances; also, just how much of it is character rather than the real person.

With that said:

#PutinforallofCongress

·
Banned
2,266 Posts
ive decided vlad and i are getting married. i don't care what he says. he's been turning me on long enough now i can't wait any more for him to hop on it. we'll have a june wedding. you all are invited. you can mbti type him at our wedding.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Celebrity Types is not "official." Scares me to see someone refer to their typings that way.

Putin being an ENTP is a total joke though. He's an introvert and it's not even close. Extreme introvert. Unlikely NTP either. Probably IxTJ or ISTP.

Please note that the topic in the videos is irrelevant and I don't mean to offend anyone. His sense of humour is priceless though. He couldn't care less what anyone thinks about him :)

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
As to strategic planning,..... there's not much there. An INTJ mindset would never just take a part of another country and think there would be no consequences. An INTJ mindset would expect either direct war or a cold war (like is going on now with all the sanctions against Russia.)
If you are basing MBTI of Putin on perceived Russia's policy, you are being delusional - an victim of US media personalizing country/government with one person simplifying everything to infantile level. There are departments dealing with prognostics and analysis of consequences of actions.
It is dependent on his personality if he goes forward with that or other plan, but to suppose he is oblivious of possible consequences is just hilarious.

If I were Putin, I'd invest heavily in scientific and engineering education and research and development. Instead, what Russia does is trying to compete on traditional resources of income, like fossil fuel and things like that. There is no modern world view in Russia. Putin just doesn't get it.
You not only are not Putin, but assuming you know better about Russia than Putin does indeed confirm your delusional state. Real country is not some strategic computer game where you tweak a few parameters and get whatever society you wish.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
If you are basing MBTI of Putin on perceived Russia's policy, you are being delusional - an victim of US media personalizing country/government with one person simplifying everything to infantile level. There are departments dealing with prognostics and analysis of consequences of actions.
It is dependent on his personality if he goes forward with that or other plan, but to suppose he is oblivious of possible consequences is just hilarious.

You not only are not Putin, but assuming you know better about Russia than Putin does indeed confirm your delusional state. Real country is not some strategic computer game where you tweak a few parameters and get whatever society you wish.
Oh you are right about that. But if you believe that Russia's government is doing what's best for the russian people,.. then you´re the one that's delusional.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I'd say ISTP.
He could kill you in an instant even if he didn't have any political power whatsoever.
In karate, he's 2 belts better than Chuck Norris.
He's an outside-person (he likes nature and weather) from what I know.
I don't know too much about him but ISTP seems to fit him well.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Why would I believe ANY government does what is best for it's people?
That's not a real answer, but alright, Putin is the best thing that ever happened to Russia.

Quotes of Putin:

Putin: "One should never fear threats. It's like with a dog. A dog senses when somebody is afraid of it, and bites. The same applies [with humans]. If you become jittery, they will think that they are stronger."

Putin: "Only one thing works: Go on the offensive. You must hit first, and hit so hard that your opponent will not rise to his feet."
More here: Vladimir Putin quotes - CelebrityTypes.com

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
That's not a real answer,
It was exactly the answer for the question. And not only to that specific instance, but also pointed a principle it's based on.

but alright, Putin is the best thing that ever happened to Russia.
Now you are again putting words in my mouth. Don't think it will make you look smarter.

Quotes of Putin:
Putin: "[When I was young] I didn't try to command people. It was more important to preserve my independence. If I had to compare it with my adult life, I would say that the role I played as a kid was like the role of the judicial branch, and not the executive.
This one quite supports the IXTP.

Putin: "One should never fear threats. It's like with a dog. A dog senses when somebody is afraid of it, and bites. The same applies [with humans]. If you become jittery, they will think that they are stronger."
This one supports Ni rather than Ne.

I can see Ti the way he can analyze opponent's arguments.

So I can see why ISTP though the office made him appear more J-like.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
This one quite supports the IXTP.

This one supports Ni rather than Ne.

I can see Ti the way he can analyze opponent's arguments.

So I can see why ISTP though the office made him appear more J-like.
Ofcourse a leadership position makes people look J-like. But That's the effect of the position, not of the person. And there's no reason to think that only J's can be leaders.

But if you look at those quotes and compare that to russia's policies, especialy foreign policies,... there's definitely a link. Doesn't mean he's the cause of it all. Could just mean he's the leader because he fits the way (their) society thinks.

But the problem is that long term strategies aren't his strong points. And having advisors doesn't mean all that much in regards to long term strategies. Priorities will be more towards the current situation than anything else, especially when acting in response, which is what Russia is doing a lot. Rarely they are the first on the scene like the Americans often are. (it means that Americans plan their actions in advance and thus have more control over them, while the Russians have to plan based on a preset situation, which means their control is limited.)

·
Spam-I-am
13,905 Posts
Today myself and others were reflecting on the incredible awesome Lord of Russia that is Vladimir Putin.

Observe!

A man clearly knowing what to do in every situation...

Anyway, as you can see I am losing the point of the thread.

The real question is, mighty NT's of PersonalityCafe, what is Vlad's MBTI type?

Does his ability to control Russia with an iron fist show his ENTJness?
Does his strategic planning and crass demeanor indicate a closet INTJ?
Does his judo chopping and hunting expeditions prefer the good fun cogeniality of an ENTP?
Does his incredible attention to detail and perfect tie wearing capabilitie show the smarts of an INTP?

You decide; here and now, on behalf of the man with the iron fist in Moscow.
he has been listed as INTJ by myers/briggs and celebrity type

61 - 80 of 114 Posts