Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How have you been able to distinguish between voice of expectation (something that can often pretend to be the voice of reason) and the voice of clear ''just knowing'' (intuition)?

Feel free to share your experiences/thoughts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
My voice of expectation is to make Bill Gates look like a bum. I am still holding on for the reason part.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't know how to describe that. I think when my intuition kicks in, I would expect anyone to see the connection I just made when often times they just gawk at my answer and freaked out when it turns out to be correct.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense...

·
Registered
106 Posts
My voice of expectation is often the result of too much thinking. If I want something to be true too much then I'll find myself looking for pieces of information to connect in order to make it true. I'll also rationalize a lot.

My intuition is something I can't really explain. It's the feeling that I get before I start thinking about that feeling. It's something that I just know because I don't have to think about it too much in order for it to make sense.

I think that when you over analyze that gut feeling, you ruin it because it can then become an expectation.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Intuition is just logical reasoning based on the information, your best guess.

Expectations are what happens when there's too much thinking/hoping involved. Usually I can reason between the two because one will be more emotionally charged.

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
yes, when they conflict.

example: i had a strong feeling that someone i had recently met was potentially dangerous. everything i could see in him did not appear that way to me, i could not rationalize how that could be true based on what i knew of him; so my first thought when the feeling came over me was "what? he would never do anything like that!" the feeling was strong and would not be ignored, and it was in direct conflict with everything that made sense in my mind. later on, however, the feeling proved true.

external data collected and processed by our subconscious mind can produce conclusions that our conscious mind cannot deduce. the fact is that an Ni dom's subconscious is more "aware" of the realities around us than is our conscious mind....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts