Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random question. something I have been thinking about.

what tone of voice do INFJ's prefer to be spoken too.

this is NOT the tone of voice INFJ's take with others but the tone of voice they themselves would like to hear others speak to them in.

just wondering what everyone prefers.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
In most situations, I prefer a nice slow rhythm. Usually people who speak slowly think before they talk, which I consider to be an advantage.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
People have told me in general my voice is soothing, monotone, If I'm talking about something I'm passionate about - It become's more powerful.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
People have told me in general my voice is soothing, monotone, If I'm talking about something I'm passionate about - It become's more powerful.
I was once told that my voice tone made someone feel "at peace".

One of the best compliments I think I've ever gotten. Maybe the soothing voice is a universal INFJ trait.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I was once told that my voice tone made someone feel "at peace".

One of the best compliments I think I've ever gotten. Maybe the southing voice is a universal INFJ trait.
I think you are right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I prefer a nice, pleasant, warm tone.

I have a ESFP friend that told me once that tone doesn't matter, only your message matters and choosing the right words doesn't matter so much either. She hates how she has to sugar coat things for me. But I beg to differ, if people want to convey positive or neutral feelings to me, they should speak to me in a nice or neutral tone, not pissed-off tone like my ESFP friend does occasionally. :dry: I know if I spoke to her in a pissed-off tone all the time, she would think I was in a bad mood and pissed-off. So I don't understand how she thinks that tone doesn't matter.

I just had to rant about that. I wish people paid more attention to tone.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I prefer a nice, pleasant, warm tone.

I have a ESFP friend that told me once that tone doesn't matter, only your message matters and choosing the right words doesn't matter so much either. She hates how she has to sugar coat things for me. But I beg to differ, if people want to convey positive or neutral feelings to me, they should speak to me in a nice or neutral tone, not pissed-off tone like my ESFP friend does occasionally. :dry: I know if I spoke to her in a pissed-off tone all the time, she would think I was in a bad mood and pissed-off. So I don't understand how she thinks that tone doesn't matter.

I just had to rant about that. I wish people paid more attention to tone.
My ESTP friend is the same way.

He has no idea how to ask for things. It's not the words he choses but his tone of voice that is the problem.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've never heard i have a soothing voice more like a 'Bedroom' voice (if that's a compliment)
A lazy drawl like i couldn't be bothered to speak, but i could spice it up any time i want.

For others, i hate any voice with high frequency, exaggerated SsssssSsss, damm.
If I generally have a hard time understanding what you say, pls don't talk just write.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
I rather hear a slower easier kind of voice. If you speak fast and loudly, my ears don't go as fast as to what you are saying.
Ask me a question one after the other...I don't have a clue as to what you are saying...I'm still at the first question...if you do this in a higher/louder pitch, I won't even hear the 1st question!~~all I hear is your voice.

Reactions: Bright Laughter

·
Registered
130 Posts
But what I prefer to hear is different depending on where i am, if I'm out on the street and I see a friend walking by then i'd love some upbeat and lively conversation. If I'm with some girl in an apartment then a low soothing tone of voice is so relaxing.

·
Banned
109 Posts
I have a really soft, sweet voice so I have been told... I like my voice and wouldn't change it.

I think it's common for INFJ's to be soft spoken.

I honestly get irritated by people who talk really loud and are overpowering.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I REALLY REALLY hate people with soft voices.

first. I can't hear you.
second. I can't hear you!

I like people who can re-adjust their voice to their enviornment. often times I am not good at this and I become more soft spoken, then people think I want them to be soft spoken or quiet around me...which I don't. I just want people to speak to me in a "genuine" way. often times I am with people who try to change their voice thinking it is going to change the way i feel.

it isn't. If I am angry my voice is going to be a bit more rough, if I am sympathetic it will be soft, if I want a positive atmosphere I will try to influence that with my voice.

I have some friends who talk to me in a soft voice becuase they know that in the past I have brought up some sensitive issues...
I don't enjoy this.
I would rather be talked to in a way that directs my life to new horizons, not by past failures.
which I technically see my sensitivity as.
no matter what I would rather be out in the world getting people to laugh and confronting my sensitivity head on. everytime other people laugh or lighten up my stress levels drop drastically.
it's only natural for someone like me to feel like that. I dunno. soft voices typically annoy me due to the fact that it makes me feel weaker or insignificant or almost like the speaker believes that I am "below them" in status, so talking to me in the voice you would lull a baby to sleep with is NOT appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
this is pretty serious.

have you thought about talking to him about getting a surgery to correct his problem.
Wait - I just got confused. I normally just ignore things on here that confused me, but I actually want to understand this.

Is this sarcasm? Or is it a serious response (both this one & the one to which it is a response to)? I'm so drop dead tired I probably shouldn't be posting anymore - but I'm lost.

Reactions: GreenCoyote

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Wait - I just got confused. I normally just ignore things on here that confused me, but I actually want to understand this.

Is this sarcasm? Or is it a serious response (both this one & the one to which it is a response to)? I'm so drop dead tired I probably shouldn't be posting anymore - but I'm lost.
Idk, can you have a surgery that gets rid of a lisp? I feel like I should know this but I'm almost 97% sure it's sarcasm. lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts