Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

i'm a 19 year old female. my state of mind? ny state of mind. jk. ummm. i'm not sure. i'm pretty calm at the moment, though.

i'm going through a break-up. i'm definitely sad but it's been a few weeks since it happened so i don't think it'll affect the way i answer these questions ~too~ much? (at least i hope not)
hmmm mental illnesses? i have no idea, man. there are like fifty billion mental illnesses, 99 percent of which are "illnesses" every human being on this planet possesses (to a certain degree).

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

haha i should've picked a simpler picture because this is absolutely breathtaking. i am speechless... but i know i have to write an impression, so here i go.

i really want to visit the place this picture was taken. i wish i could find out where it was located. i'm sure if i messaged _flotation asking where this was taken, she'd tell me. or he. i don't know. anyway, it's beautiful. the warm, summer-esque tones mixed together with the mountains (cliffs?) makes for a beautiful photo. i expect, no matter how hot the climate is, whenever you're on top of a mountain, you feel chilly... which doesn't make sense because heat rises? or maybe it does make sense. i think it's because there's nothing up there to block the wind so you're more susceptible to the cold. or something. idk. like i said earlier, though, i'd love to visit this place. it makes me so happy. pictures really do speak a thousand words. hell, i could write a thousand words right now and i still wouldn't be able to describe how i feel about this picture.

the colours are very, very nice. i'm cheating and looking at the picture again. the light really catches the texture of the mountainous rocks. it's great. after analysing the picture a little bit longer, i can see what looks like a body of water in the very back on the picture... err, right behind the mountain to the right. and the clouds! i didn't notice those the first time around. the sky is beautiful, wow.

(oops :rolleyes: i lost the picture)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

my best friend and i are going to rock the bells next month! dangit. i should've decided to answer these questions /after/ we got back from our trip.

but okay, this is a toughie. hmmm.

well, alright. at first, i'd probably crack a few jokes about how we got ourselves in a texas chainsaw massacre/jeepers creepers situation. if i really liked the people i went on said trip with, i'd probably love the hell out of being in the middle of nowhere with them. it'd be a fun and interesting experience. if we brought food and drinks along with us, even better! i'd also love to see how my friends would fare in a situation like this. i mean, i'd probably be a bit upset considering there's a chance we'd miss our favourite band/artist/musician/what have you, but i have faith in me and my friends. we'd find a solution to the problem somehow... maybe.

my outward reactions? i'd laugh, for sure. i'd crack a few jokes, which is something i already mentioned above. i'd fool around for a bit. once the seriousness of our problem finally hits me, though, i'd probably buckle down and try to fix the problem. i don't know much about cars but i'm sure i'd be able to fix it. do i have access to the internet? i hope so 'cause i'm gonna need it.

i feel like there's a chance what i've said isn't a 100 percent accurate representation of what i'd do, but i would definitely do something similar. it would also depend on which friends i was with and whose car we were driving.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

we made it to the concert? go me.

uhhh well i don't drink much myself so even if 'the driver' decided to drink, i'd offer to drive afterwards. problem fixed. if they don't feel comfortable with me driving their car, i'd roofie them at the party and toss em in trunk on the ride back.

like i said, i don't drink, but i don't party much either. i'm sure i'd love to to go, especially if everyone else was on board with the idea, and even if only a few of us went, i'm sure we'd have a great time. i'd be pretty tired but i'd tough it out, yo.

i'm not gonna lie. the idea of a concert after-party is a bit sketchy. that, i definitely won't deny, but i'd assume the people who went to the concert we're pretty big fans of my favourite artist and because of that, we'd have something to talk about. easy way to make friends, for sure.
i really want to go to a concert now.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

i'm too busy driving to listen to my drunk pals babble drunken nonsense.

but seriously, as long as my friend isn't trying to force whatever claim (s)he made down my throat, i'd most likely just ask questions. i'd want to know why (s)he thinks whatever (s)he said is true, or why (s)he believes it. i feel like i'd be a bit upset at first but i don't think i'd ever, in a million years, attack her/him or guilt trip her/him for feeling the way (s)he does. it's interesting how an idea that sounds completely ludicrous to me, can sound so... normal to someone else. it's not stupid or daunting, really, just interesting.

if (s)he knowingly said something (s)he knew would hurt me (this would have to be something really big and personal, though. like... hm. if my mum was a single mother and (s)he, my friend, was going off on a tangent where (s)he claims all single mothers are horrible and unfit to raise a child. or something. i hope ya get what i mean), i'd be really upset. i don't know if i'd call her out on it, or if i'd try to argue my side, and i don't even know if i'd just blow up, or if i'd ignore it altogether. if i decided to do the latter, which if i'm close to the person, is generally the route i would take so as not to ruin our friendship, i'd try to talk to her about it one-on-one.

the perks of being friends with different types of people is diversity and being able to see things from multiple points of view. the downside, though, is that your outlooks on life and your mindsets can be polar opposites. and that can cause a lot of disputes/arguments.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

i would speak up, for sure! i couldn't for the life of me stand by and watch an injustice being done to someone. i can remember a time i felt physically sick watching a father yell obscenities at his own kid. it was quite literally sickening.
hmm i just strongly dislike ignorance. even if i don't personally believe in a god, i would never side with an aggressive atheist spitting on a religious individual's beliefs. it may not be something i personally believe in, but nobody deserves to be treated like that. in this particular situation, i feel like i'd react that way because my mum is religious and i couldn't bare to listen to anyone bash her or what she believes in. the same goes for my dad. if someone insulted him or attacked him for not being religious, i'd be angry, too.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

ugh, i don't like questions like this. what constitutes as a value? that's what i want to know. i'll try my best to answer this but i don't know if i'ma do it right.

okay, i googled this. i think i know how to go about answering this now.

happiness!!! i think it's something everyone wants. i mean, i love being happy. i went through a rough time last year where i was anything but happy. i hated it. sadness is tragically beautiful, but that was just... too much. so yes, being and staying happy is key.

honesty (and trust)! this is huge. i don`t even know what to add. this is what makes or breaks your friendships/relationships.

love! platonic love is wonderful, but romantic love is the absolute greatest thing ever. when a romantic relationship ends, i feel horrible and i regret ever having gotten involved with anyone period. i get over that mentality pretty quickly, though, because there`s nothing i crave more than a stable relationship with a wonderful partner; a partner who i would i deem perfect. yeah, yeah, yeah, perfection is unattainable, but i have a knack for seeing the best in people, especially the person i'm romantically involved with. to me, they are perfect. say what you will but i love being this way. i love making the people i love... feel loved.

i`m young now so i don`t expect to meet the person i`m gonna marry any time soon, but i hope that until i meet that person, i love a lot. i hope that makes sense? and i feel weird saying this because i'm always torn between never wanting to get married (because it's so stressful... i can't handle being in a relationship sometimes) and wanting to get married as soon as i can. sigh problems.

confidence! honesty and trust may make or break relationships, but confidence is what will make or break you.

a few others: loyalty, health, affection, knowledge (all kinds), peace, playfulness (~inner child~)
ahhh okay i'm gonna stop

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?

hmm, i'm not sure. if i could answer this, i doubt i'd be doing this questionnaire in the first place? i'ma try anyway

a) i can see the good in almost everyone (which leads to me being pretty forgiving). i'm very good at detecting lies. i'm also an incredibly loyal friend to those close to me. i'm very caring as well. i'm incredibly fun to be around, too, i think.
but the biggest thing has to be that i'm good at bringing people out of their shells. a bit weird considering it sometimes takes me a while to be brought out of ~my~ shell, but when that happens, i'm golden. domino affect! haha

b) one thing? i honestly can't choose between my short temper and trust issues. since i have to choose, though, i'm gonna go with the latter. i wish i could change the fact that i can't seem to trust anyone outside of my family (and one friend in particular).
(i'm lazy as heck. i think about doing things so much, i lose the motivation to do them.)

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

okay well, from what i've read about sensing and intuiting, this question is asking whether or not i'm an intuitive?

i almost always treat hunches and gut feelings. at least, i think i do.
they are most often triggered in situations pertaining to my safety. emotional safety, i guess? this most likely ties in with my trust issues and my innate ability to detect lies.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) thinking - self-explanatory. i mean, c'mon!
reading/writing - i read a lot and for some odd reason, it energizes me. same with writing.
sports - i don't play sports as much as i used to but ahhh! adrenaline rushes everywhere. nowadays, i bike, run, and do yoga. i like to meditate, too.
listening to music - who doesn't get energized listening to music?
talking - i love sitting down with friends and discussing things. anything, really.
laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i don't know, man. a lot of activities energize me.

b) cooking - it takes, like, 2 hours to make a good meal and by the time i'm finished, i'm too tired to eat what i've made.
over thinking - oh boy. need i say more?
partying - still not sure if it's because i don't party much myself so when i actually ~do~, i'm not used to it so it 'taxes my reserves', or if it's just because i just flat out h8 partying
school - it drains me just as much as it energizes me (which would explain why i rarely went to class)
and i know caring isn't an activity per se but that can be physically draining, man. it really can. not that i don't... because i do, a LOT.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

internal thought process: i hate showering. i hate wearing underwear. unless all i'm wearing is underwear. but even then, bras suck.
outward behaviour: +picks nose+ +sticks hand down pants+
these are some of the many actions/thoughts i repress (i *sometimes* repress)

ok oops i'ma be serious again sigh

sometimes i feel like i don't have an opinion on anything. i'm, of course, strongly opposed to rape, murder, child molestation, etc, but those are (usually) a given. other than that, though, i feel opinion-less!

other times, though, i feel like i have a thousand tanks worth of opinions. for example: people who believe every word uttered by government officials... and the people who believe every word uttered by anti-government rebels, are two sides of the same coin. how can you believe what either group of people tells you?

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”

outward behaviour? i try not to cry in front of other people, if that's what you mean? i can interpret this question so many different ways, same with the other questions on this questionnaire, so i have a tough time answering them. ugh. if someone can clarify, i'll try to answer this q again

kudos to whoever reads all of this. wowza. i talk/type 2 much

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't mean to jump the gun here (yes i do) but did we just become best friends

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that you are cute too. You are ENP. If I had to guess, I'd say that you were ENTP. But maybe you are ENFP. I don't know. What type do you think you are?​

why, thank you!
:tongue:

i honestly have no idea what type i am. i read countless type descriptions for each individual type and, when that did didn't work, i started reading into cognitive functions. i initially thought i knew everything there was to know about the eight functions but the more i read into it, the more contradictions i came across, which inevitably led to me becoming even more confused. i felt like a lot of the descriptions were written by people who were biased towards their
dominant, auxiliary, tertiary and inferior functions.

so far, every confirmed ENFP i've met is really into the idea of an open relationship/polyamory. i don't mean to stereotype ENFPs, not at all, but it's something of a commonality amongst the ones i know. it's one of the reasons i couldn't see myself being an ENFP. i feel like i'm more of an F than a T, though.

as for ENTP: i've only met four confirmed ENTPs and we're sort of alike but at the same time, not really? it could be because all four of them are male, and i, myself, am a female. who knows?
(side note: i don't know how reliable "natural matches" are, but i do know i'm drawn to INFJs like a moth to a flame.)

~rant done~ if i ~had~ to choose one or the other, i'd probably go with ENTP.

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
why, thank you! [/COLOR]:tongue:

i honestly have no idea what type i am. i read countless type descriptions for each individual type and, when that did didn't work, i started reading into cognitive functions. i initially thought i knew everything there was to know about the eight functions but the more i read into it, the more contradictions i came across, which inevitably led to me becoming even more confused. i felt like a lot of the descriptions were written by people who were biased towards their
dominant, auxiliary, tertiary and inferior functions.

so far, every confirmed ENFP i've met is really into the idea of an open relationship/polyamory. i don't mean to stereotype ENFPs, not at all, but it's something of a commonality amongst the ones i know. it's one of the reasons i couldn't see myself being an ENFP. i feel like i'm more of an F than a T, though.

as for ENTP: i've only met four confirmed ENTPs and we're sort of alike but at the same time, not really? it could be because all four of them are male, and i, myself, am a female. who knows?
(side note: i don't know how reliable "natural matches" are, but i do know i'm drawn to INFJs like a moth to a flame.)

~rant done~ if i ~had~ to choose one or the other, i'd probably go with ENTP.
[/INDENT]
[/COLOR]
ENTP <3 INFJ is one of the most well know relationship pairings. They can't get enough of each other. And yeah, girl ENTPs are often quite different from their male counterparts, usually exhibiting more Fe.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ENTP <3 INFJ is one of the most well know relationship pairings. They can't get enough of each other. And yeah, girl ENTPs are often quite different from their male counterparts, usually exhibiting more Fe.

for good reason, too. those majestic INFJs are damn near perfect.

do you know any female ENTPs? if you do, what are they usually like? like, what sort of traits and characteristics would you say they possess?​

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
for good reason, too. those majestic INFJs are damn near perfect.

do you know any female ENTPs? if you do, what are they usually like? like, what sort of traits and characteristics would you say they possess? [/INDENT]
I know one. She's brilliant. Super smart, super friendly, scatterbrained, starts lots of projects and never finishes any of them, fun to be around in that you can either have a really interesting conversation with her, or you can like just go out to a club and get drunk with her. Super creative, writes, draws, plays music, knowledgeable about lots of different topics etc...

Edit: Oh yeah, ultra competitive

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I know one. She's brilliant. Super smart, super friendly, scatterbrained, starts lots of projects and never finishes any of them, fun to be around in that you can either have a really interesting conversation with her, or you can like just go out to a club and get drunk with her. Super creative, writes, draws, plays music, knowledgeable about lots of different topics etc...

Edit: Oh yeah, ultra competitive
oh really now? ENTP is starting to sound more and more likely.

http://personalitycafe.com/entp-forum-visionaries/71753-tell-tale-signs-entps.html#post1769057 (zeep's post - last post on the page)
everything was spot on except for this: "All ENTPs can be difficult to get really close to, especially if you want that 'best friend' kind of relationship. They're often reluctant to admit how analytical, emotionally-detached and uninterested in committed long-term friendships they really are."
i don't have very many close friends, but i treasure the few i do have. i also can be/have been emotionally attached in romantic relationships.

ahhh
:bored:

oh! i totally forgot to ask you this earlier, but what makes you think i'm an ENxP?

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Because you are bouncing round with like...idea after idea after idea, and you don't seem to take yourself too seriously. I'm sure I had other reasons but I've forgotten them now.
hahaha yeah, that was my bad. i was wondering why you weren't replying and then i realized it was probably because i didn't quote your post properly.

thank you for your help, though!

·
Banned
374 Posts
@Modal Soul - you are hilarious. A friend of mine told me to read your thread because you were so funny and an ENTP (which I am) and I died laughing. My response to my friend: I WANT TO BE LIKE HER WHEN I GROW UP.
AYO @Modal Soul. YOU ARE SO COOL. I am that friend of hers and I love you!! LOL gosh I'm weird but anyway... Dayum girl! Where have people like you been all my life?! My friend and I basically fangirled over you for like 10 minutes LOL in a conversation that ended like this.

(Tina = me
Jordan = Aryn2)

[1:28:40 AM] Tina: she is delicious! ENTP love here
[1:28:41 AM] Tina: yum
[1:28:42 AM] Tina: LOL
[1:28:44 AM] Tina: hahahahah
[1:28:47 AM] Jordan: LMFAO
[1:28:55 AM] Jordan: YOURE ACTING LIKE SHE'S MUSHU PORK

Gosh we are so weird. LOL. I hope you enjoy this...:tongue:

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Aryn2 @AwkwardDork hahaha, i enjoyed your posts very much. what an unbelievably adorable pair you ladies make.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts