Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When walking/driving or traveling by bus/train alone, what goes on in your mind? Are you focused on walking/driving or does your body automatically do these things? Do you take in the scenery/people/objects around you or is your mind elsewhere? Are you daydreaming, thinking or planning perhaps?

In my case, I definitley don't focus on walking or driving (unless, the roads are chaotic and it's a matter or life or death!). Most of the time, I do wonder how I arrived at my destination. I know I walked or drove there, but it's like, I can't actually remember doing the walking/driving! Which when it comes to driving, can be quite a scary thought!

I very rarely take in the scenery. Normally my mind is thinking about something else. If I'm getting the bus or walking down by the beach, through the countryside or on top of some big hill with a great view, I will notice the scenery and take it all in, but it's not long before i'm off daydreaming again or thinking about things and people on my mind. Likewise, if i'm in town shopping or doing errands, i'll be thinking about where I have to go, what I have to do/buy and planning it in my head. I won't be taking everything in that's around me.

If i'm a tourist or visitng a new town or city however, then I will be looking at and observing everything. But again, it won't be long before my mind starts thinking about things and daydreaming again!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
For some reason, I take my modes of transportation as a time to think and reflect, sort out problems, plan out things etc, but I also definitely appreciate scenery.
So I'll be driving/riding bike/being on bus/walking, listening to music, thinking out everything, noticing patterns and behaviors of people, animals, scenery, comparisons of past ventures, everything all at once. Usually I don't think about where I'm going unless I think about my plan of transportation when I get there, like which route or path to take, and then other things if I have time, like experiments I'd like to conduct on people or animals or all of that, if I should take a new longer or shorter route, all of that stuff. It all rolls in my head at the same time pretty much.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Yeah, long trips don't bother me at all; usually I enjoy them. I actually drove 4 hours this morning and it flew by. I always just space out and listen to music/sing along obnoxiously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts