Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have trouble walking in a straight line.
I'm getting concerned that one leg might actually be shorter than the other. [not really]

I'm wondering if it's just extreme uncoordination or I am just distracted by my thoughts and can't be bothered to concentrate on walking. I also tend to walk into people or walls, or doors, or YOUR MOM! [sorry, feeling a bit excited at the moment :l ]

Anyone else have problems like this?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've just considered posting a similar thread.
I walk weirdly. Very. Like, I don't have a good posture and I always seem to overextend my legs. It bugs me, up to the point that I feel too self-conscious while walking so I prefer riding a bike instead.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
My walking can be quite different at times - sometimes I walk quite fast, others I walk slower. Sometimes I stamp one foot down when I'm walking, and I don't know why.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh gosh, I definitely relate to this. I joke around and say that I hope a cop never pulls me over for thinking that i'm drinking and driving, because I would fail the road sobriety test when he asked me to walk in a straight line. Oh, and by saying the alphabet backwards - who ever does that anyway??

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sometimes when I walk around deep in my thoughts I almost lose my balance and fall into a ditch or whatever (if I'm walking next to one obviously)... my friends find it funny, I used to think of it as annoying but now it's just something that happens, whatever. Rather use my energy on pondering about stuff than trying to walk in a straight line anyday :wink:

It's been happening less and less as I've grown though. In general it seems like INTPs might become a bit more 'grounded' when they age in the sense that while they are still deep in thought, their autopilot-mode gets better? Dunno.

·
Banned
596 Posts
I'm pretty confident in my ability to walk in a straight line. I think I'd have no trouble if a cop pulled me over and asked me to walk in a straight line. My friends have described my walking in the high school hallways as... focused and... rigid. Like I'm on a mission, or something, they say :crazy:

Sometimes I trip when walking over uneven ground, like beside a ditch, and sometimes I run into doors/walls as I'm walking by them, but who doesn't?! :tongue:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Deep in a thought, I start veering from a straight line to a diagonal one. Not only do I piss people behind me, but also people going the opposite direction :confused:

At least if I walk with a friend, their body is used as a guide to walk -straighter- .

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I trip on things and am overly aware of my broad chest (feels broader), the way my arms are positioned, the way my hair blows in the wind (because of my hairline), the way my legs moved, my hand positions...

I'm whimsical with walking. I don't follow any specific walking pattern... I walk like a guy, obviously, but I'm awkward, I suppose.

I don't often feel like falling (that happens with other things), but I do regularly trip on something... like if there's something I can trip on, I'm probably going to. It's never made me fall yet.

I'm never in autopilot when there are people watching. I just can't.

·
Registered
988 Posts
When I think, I tend to walk faster, take longer strides, etcetera, and generally look like Spock on amphetamines. My posture is perfect, but I walk diagonally and trip over floor tiles. I prefer rollerskates and bicycles, and even subways and cars are better.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I can walk in a straight line just fine, but I have always had difficulty swaying my arms when I walk. I used to not move them at all when I walked until my mom nagged me enough about it so I started forcing myself to (which felt extremely uncomfortable for me). Now I move my left arm naturally, but my right arm is still kinda stiff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can walk in a straight line unless I consciously try to do it.

Then the line notices it and purposely starts doing funny things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts