Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I just wanted to either have a reaffirmation or correction of my type. I had someone help me through PMs and he said that I am a possible INFJ. However, I don't completely agree with that since I don't see myself as an Ni-dom at all and just wanted to see some other persons's thoughts. I really don't care what type I am, but rather that I know for sure.

I have pondered over my childhood and current behavior and think that I might be an ISFJ since I tend to regard the feelings of others in my decisions a lot, but I find an anomaly when I remember how I can treat others that are bawling with an absolute cold shoulder and at other times be torn inside for not being able to meet someone else's needs. The latter occurs more than the former, but both still occur. Here's the description of myself that I sent to that "PM Someone" I was talking about:

I'm a pretty simple guy at the moment due to my circumstances. I go to work, come home, and go out with my family (mother and brother) every 1-2 weeks for a couple of drinks and maybe a flick. My job is currently a TSA agent to which has many benefits, but it is definitely not my dream job. I have actually grown incredibly bored with the job and tend to only start feeling more energy when something new comes around, such as new in-job opportunities, which thankfully come around here and there.

Outside of work, my activities include what I aforementioned about time with my family, going to the gym, playing video games, and browsing the web. I have tried to interest myself in other activities, including playing the guitar, but it is hard for me to commit to them a lot. The will power is there, but I just have to turn the switch completely into the on position. Once I do, I can commit to something no matter how little my energy, provided that I find good reason in it. I plan on including other activities in my future, such as hiking and rock climbing when the time is right. The reason I mention the time being "right" is because my mother is currently not in the best of shape physically and requires that me and my brother be around to help support her. She has gotten better over the years, but she can't be completely independent yet.

I also have a great desire to travel. I love to explore new places on my own without feeling like I am tied to something or someone else, but I am usually willing to do so to keep the other person(s) happy, even if that means dying a little on the inside. lol

Mentioning others and as you could probably tell, my relationships are very few. I don't care very much for growing a large social circle and only aim to maintain peaceful relationships with others in my life, whether it be at work or home. At work, I am usually a big goofball and I didn't open up like this until about probably a year or so in. I am terrible with details regarding time and many of my past events in general, so forgive me for not expressing things more specifically. I love making people laugh, but sometimes I can be quite serious and a little irritable, which tends to be when I am dealing with the little drama in my life or I am trying to cooperate with a team that is unfocused. The latter comes in various examples, including an easily distracted friend at the gym, teammates in video games who are idiots (mature, right? lol), and meetings with easily distracted individuals. I don't mind some meaningful chat, but small talk and not making progress on a project/activity/meeting/whatever makes me slowly die on the inside. I can usually deal with enough small talk to keep peaceful relationships with others, but besides that, I quickly wish to retreat from anyone who wants to engage me in meaningless or plain uninteresting conversation. That's how I definitely know I am an introvert.

My humor actually has a broad spectrum. I actually just did a quiz from the Personality Tests Resource section here on PersonalityCafe.com and got this result:

the Wit

(52% dark, 35% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons' philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion.

You probably loved the Office. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here: BBC Two - The Office.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Jon Stewart - Woody Allen - Ricky Gervais

Totally my humor all the way. lol. I make up random stories on the spot all the time just for the sake of humor. I love puns and am usually very goofy.

As you can tell, the humor I use tends to be very spontaneous with a lot of word play and sarcasm. It can also be somewhat dark and morbid, but that isn't as often as the rest of the humor I employ. If my first stab at getting someone to laugh doesn't work, then I usually follow it up with something else, including weird voices and awkwardly long stares (deadpan faces FTW). I have even used voices and dark humor on passengers at my job which gains either confusion or laughter. A quick example would be when I would ask passengers if they have guns, knives, bombs, or maps to Al Qaeda training camps in their bags. It cracks some up, but like one or two overhearing co-workers of mine have said, I should cool it. I know they are right, but I sometimes can't help myself. I am somewhat of a moron for that because it may actually be true one day when they say "yes". Not only that, but passengers may record what I say and use it against TSA and or me. The more I think about it now...I should probably stop doing it and thankfully haven't done it for sometime now.

I do follow a religion as a non-denominational Christian as I have been brought up as one. What I mean by that is that I just believe the Bible currently as it is and don't try to twist it. I try to understand the logic of it at times, but that isn't really going to happen since we are talking about a faith-built deal here. I have actually questioned the existence of my God many times and still remain skeptical to His existence somewhat. I have researched the validity of evolution (which is mostly rubbish if you ask me) and have considered researching what tangibility other religions hold. I say tangibility in the sense that there isn't any direct evidence of God or other religions, but there is something that could be rationally placed in it. For example, I only still believing in my religion since I have both experienced and witnessed events in my life related to faith in God and have found no other explanation for praying in Tongues (if you don't know what that is, look it up). Oh, and I forgot about His presence during worship and in circumstances relating to Him. I can't tell you what it feels like other than it is the purest love and peace you can ever feel. If you have ever seen other people suddenly start crying during worship in church or wherever - that is more than likely the presence of God and boy does it feel good. I do have to say that God is a mystery and so much in fact that I question the Bible, but until something proves more logically correct or has evidence behind it, I am going to put my faith into it for the aforementioned reasons.

The last two things I'd like to cover would be my past and future. The theme of my childhood would probably be "A Bumpy, but Happy Road". My family has had several persons involved in our lives, due to my mom, that have caused plenty of drama rama, including one to which I believe has attributed to my mother's current condition. My mother is a beautiful person on the inside and out, but she has dealt with some men that have bad habits or behaviors, my biological dad being the worst of them all. He divorced my mom when I was about 2 or 3 years old, so I hardly remember anything from when we were all together. My dislike for him came with the child visitations that were made as part of the agreement in court so that my dad could pay less child support. He was a greedy and lonely jerk of a man. Sure, he didn't physically abuse me or my brother, but he still sucked as a father. I have little respect for him. I could tell you about the others, but that would be a waste of time.

I tended to be the good kid. I never wanted to be troublesome and followed the rules. I never found reason to rebel. I usually was always wrapped up in my own world/head, being quite unaware of what was happening around me. It was so bad in fact that when my mom asks if I remember something that both her and my brother recall so vividly, I usually reply in the negative. It's not that I don't want to remember, but that I just don't. My recall of details can be quite crappy and I tend to only remember a vague idea of what happened and or something that had a big impression on me. All together, whenever I was done having to participate in the outside world, then I retreated back to what I wanted to do, whether it be video games (many hours logged into those) or going outside to play (plenty of times by myself). I did play with the other kids often, but I liked being alone a good deal and still do. I need that time to myself.

At the present, I have definitely changed more. If it wasn't for my God and mother, I would probably be a much different individual. Never did I think I would be unashamed of my sexual side and use of profanity. Now, I engage them with little concern and only care due to trying to follow God and please my mother. As for my future, I have considered many things, including having seriously considered becoming a vigilante fighting injustice, but in a very practical sense like Batman. However, I know reality calls against that, at least at the moment. I am not kidding either. I hate to know that so many tormented souls exist out in this world, whether it be victims of human trafficking or rape. I believe everyone in this world deserves to live their lives in happiness, giving towards it in return. However, reality is different and I have considered various ways in which I could help deal with those problems, usually very practically. An example would be knowing that I could start and grow a business so that it would generate enough revenue for me to act as a philanthropist. Very Bruce Wayne-ish, eh? Again, I understand reality says that doing so is not that easy, but I would be willing to try. Overall, I am asking God what He wants to do with my life. I feel His presence come on me a lot when I think about how my heart feels the pain of the unfortunate out there. I am seriously considering devoting much of my life to helping them as not many people actually care. It actually pains me a lot and pains me even more that I haven't figured out how I could help now. It is ironic too in the sense that I want to help others but at the same time love my alone time.

Well, that's that. lol; As you can tell, I am not very afraid of opening up to some people at all, but in particular on here it doesn't matter because, well, it's the internet. Haha. Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks.
As you can tell, I am quite a complicated person. lol; I wish I was somewhat more simple, but the fact is that I am not. The only two functions that I am certain of having are Ti and Fe. In my life, I overall just want to find a way to help make the world a better place, save some souls to come with me to Paradise, and enjoy life. Please let me know your thoughts guys. Thanks a lotta.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody at all?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I agree with INFJ

I have pondered over my childhood and current behavior and think that I might be an ISFJ since I tend to regard the feelings of others in my decisions a lot, but I find an anomaly when I remember how I can treat others that are bawling with an absolute cold shoulder and at other times be torn inside for not being able to meet someone else's needs. The latter occurs more than the former, but both still occur.
S vs N isnt about regard for others feelings INFJ and ISFJ both have regards for others feelings and both use Fe. Sensing vs intuition is concrete vs abstract put simply.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize. When I was mentioning the "anomaly", I was referring to either a more preferred use of Ti over Fe possibly.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, until the logic adds up differently, I am going with INFJ for the following reasons:

1. I want my life to be for the betterment of this world. As much as I want to enjoy my life, I want there to be meaning to it and find that currently in my relationship with God and with what He wants to make of it. I have always had a desire to help out others in one form or the other and to help shape this world in whatever ways I see can be done.

2. I have always felt out of place with most people in my life and have often wondered why. I realize that it is simply the way my mind was created to think. I have always felt (and still do feel) detached to my world while I am awake and yet have part of my focus on reality. I always thought that this was because I was tired and which in reality was just my subconscious being active I suppose. I feel this was simply me weaving my abstract frameworks on life as I tend to understand how everything relates to the big picture. I related to this concept of my mind a lot when I watched theBarracuda57 on YouTube today.

3. Fe and Ti seem like very familiar functions to me since I process logic in a Ti fashion (ex. a=b; b=c; then a=c) and tend to affiliate with the feelings of others in a group rather than just my own.

Well, unless someone else has a good argument, it is INFJ for now. Please do comment if you think differently. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts