Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading an article about INFJ type, I read something about an "SP" side of INFJ, something like an SP wannabe(i so hate this word) in his/hers dreams of dreams.

Now, even though I haven't found out my truest type, as a supposedly INFJ, I admit that I find myself in times where I don't think rationally or I don't feel emotionally anything but I just enjoy sensing the world around me and just enjoy "being" without a care in the world... I feel so liberated and free as a child, even though the periods are short and I slip back into the full of problems world of adulthood.

Anyone ever felt this way?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
To me, it's been looking like INFJs tend to be a mish-mash of just about everything, if they want to be

When I think about us, the word "shapeless" comes to mind

I can definitely relate to what you say, however

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I get what you say.
It is the most "shapeless" of all in my opinion too, that's why I'm sticking with it rather then 3 types at the same time.[ infj + entp/enfj 2 other types that I've been typed as.]

This is by far the closest to that "deeper i" for me.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hmm I think I can be S sometimes but the P seems a little bit farfetched. Zomboy captured it; yes we do seem like a little bit of everything but something distinctive nonetheless.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I get the feeling most people, if not all people, are a mixup of everything. That is why, when the moon is full, someone will catch a glimpse of another person and say "I get you".
It's just more likely for people to see each other in a more clear light if they have similar personality traits. They can recognize processes in others more easily that way, and it will just click for them.

That being said, then why can I just pick up on what everyone is up to? Maybe you are right haha. Maybe INFJs are just better at reading the world. Sometimes with only as much as a few senses, as we think of them, focused on the subject.
I guess having strong intuition can make you more apt to pick up on the intentions of people with personality differences from your own. Doesn't mean we always understand what we are... is there a word for that? Intuiting?

I completely lost my point. Not sure I got it across actually. Can anyone make anything out of that?

As far as SP goes, not sure what that means exactly. I sometimes dream about being more adventurous than I am. Traveling more, going to new places without wanting someone else there with me (I hate being alone, need backup). Just hauling off and doing something I've been wanting to do without considering it first? Is that it?
Every now and then I am more adventurous, but I always consider it first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I think I can be S sometimes but the P seems a little bit farfetched. Zomboy captured it; yes we do seem like a little bit of everything but something distinctive nonetheless.
And how would you name that distinctive "thing" ?

One thing that I find curious is that the infj seem to me that one introverted type that chooses to be so, unlike other introverted types.

I choose to be like this because I feel right now it's the only trait that can keep me connected with my hole self - keep me grounded in a way - helps even better then the J

About the P, I find it like that secret ingredient that can make things really go crazy. of course, not for long... just playing a little.:tongue:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get the feeling most people, if not all people, are a mixup of everything. That is why, when the moon is full, someone will catch a glimpse of another person and say "I get you".
It's just more likely for people to see each other in a more clear light if they have similar personality traits. They can recognize processes in others more easily that way, and it will just click for them.

That being said, then why can I just pick up on what everyone is up to? Maybe you are right haha. Maybe INFJs are just better at reading the world. Sometimes with only as much as a few senses, as we think of them, focused on the subject.
I guess having strong intuition can make you more apt to pick up on the intentions of people with personality differences from your own. Doesn't mean we always understand what we are... is there a word for that? Intuiting?

I completely lost my point. Not sure I got it across actually. Can anyone make anything out of that?
Completely got you:wink:
Intuition has always been highest in my rank and it has been the only one that hasn't change in my type.

About "getting everyone" no matter the personality differences, I will again put the blame on intuition and not on concentration.I've always been bad at it, scattering my attention everywhere and still being able to "get everybody" in matters of seconds, same for the general vibe in the air... things that have always drained my energy, yet I still enjoy places with allot of people.(depends on how "though" i am that day)

As far as SP goes, not sure what that means exactly. I sometimes dream about being more adventurous than I am. Traveling more, going to new places without wanting someone else there with me (I hate being alone, need backup). Just hauling off and doing something I've been wanting to do without considering it first? Is that it?
Every now and then I am more adventurous, but I always consider it first.
I think what you mean it called "to have more guts" :tongue:
Example of SP refers at actions such as enjoying an apple for what it is(looks, smell, and tasting every bit of it with the enjoyment of a newborn). Dunno... feeling textures... I guess it's a far more materialistic thing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, I get what you say.
It is the most "shapeless" of all in my opinion too, that's why I'm sticking with it rather then 3 types at the same time.[ infj + entp/enfj 2 other types that I've been typed as.]

This is by far the closest to that "deeper i" for me.
MBTI isn't about the "deeper i" its about the functions you prefer using everyday. There are a lot of extroverts who think they are introverted because there are times when they need to be by themselves, but that doesn't mean that having alone time is preferred by them. Take an ENFJ for example: they use Extraverted Feeling to connect with people and that function also makes them want to be around people. Then when they are alone, they are primarily using their secondary function Introverted Intuition to reflect on things.

One thing that I find curious is that the infj seem to me that one introverted type that chooses to be so, unlike other introverted types.

I choose to be like this because I feel right now it's the only trait that can keep me connected with my hole self - keep me grounded in a way - helps even better then the J
Doesn't seem like there's much thought behind this idea. Seems like your just trying to make the INFJ type fit into your personality.

NOt that it really matters, but I doubt that half of the people on this forum are INFJs. It seems like most people just take an online quiz and they assume that its correct without much thought of the theory behind MBTI. I think that the characteristics of the INFJ are similar to Jung's concept of the "self" for some people. I have read that the INFJ could have been Jesus' type, and if Jung says that Jesus is a representation of the "self" for the Western mind, then maybe there is a connection there.

I could be wrong though :laughing:

edit: also, the "SP wannabe" thing you are describing sounds like Extraverted Sensing to me; which is the inferior function of INFJs. So enjoying the moment is something that infjs do, but i don't think they do it very often. And this is just my opinion, but you sound like an ENFJ to me because Extraverted Sensing would be your tertiary function. But only you can truly determine your type.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MBTI isn't about the "deeper i" its about the functions you prefer using everyday. There are a lot of extroverts who think they are introverted because there are times when they need to be by themselves, but that doesn't mean that having alone time is preferred by them. Take an ENFJ for example: they use Extraverted Feeling to connect with people and that function also makes them want to be around people. Then when they are alone, they are primarily using their secondary function Introverted Intuition to reflect on things.

Doesn't seem like there's much thought behind this idea. Seems like your just trying to make the INFJ type fit into your personality.
oh but there is... it doesn't seem like that because I only wrote one poor line and I suspect you of judging too fast without trying your N part.it's not the fact that I'm trying to merge an mbti type in my personality and day to day life.that would be dumb and brainwashing and plain no.it's because i've seen that my hole potential came out when i acted like enfj.and i normally act like that, but somehow i act extroverted in stressful circumstances and I've had plenty of those lately.

NOt that it really matters, but I doubt that half of the people on this forum are INFJs. It seems like most people just take an online quiz and they assume that its correct without much thought of the theory behind MBTI. I think that the characteristics of the INFJ are similar to Jung's concept of the "self" for some people. I have read that the INFJ could have been Jesus' type, and if Jung says that Jesus is a representation of the "self" for the Western mind, then maybe there is a connection there.
agree on this though...
:laughing:

I could be wrong though :laughing:

edit: also, the "SP wannabe" thing you are describing sounds like Extraverted Sensing to me; which is the inferior function of INFJs. So enjoying the moment is something that infjs do, but i don't think they do it very often. And this is just my opinion, but you sound like an ENFJ to me because Extraverted Sensing would be your tertiary function. But only you can truly determine your type.
thanks for the opinions.
that's why I'm in here, to try and figure out the personality type that I am( sticking with the enfj maybe just for a period, maybe till the end, dunno but the way I explain things is far away from the way in which I understand and experiment them...sticked too much around only the intuitive part of self lately) I don't want to turn too personal in here but it's all part from a period in my life in which I am (also reading astrology/ numerology etc) and obviously, things aren't so balanced for me right now.:wink:(*note:it doesn't automatically mean that I'm searching all of the ext.ways in which to label myself, it comes more out of curiosity and a thirst for knowledge)

*oh, and when I said "deeper i" - i really meant what I meant. I noticed that allot of my past extroversion came from allot of unhealthy tension... it's a much more complex thingy...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
And how would you name that distinctive "thing" ?

About the P, I find it like that secret ingredient that can make things really go crazy. of course, not for long... just playing a little.:tongue:
What I meant is that even though we can appear extroverted and may choose to be extremely introverted in the end INFJs do share some similar characteristics that make them different than other types due to their main cognitive functions that is described in many articles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, cognitive functions, agreed.thought you tried to push things further...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Usually only when I need to, or when my environment calls for it. At concerts or in a roller coaster, for example.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Usually only when I need to, or when my environment calls for it. At concerts or in a roller coaster, for example.
Exactly... or, except when it's a really unbearably beautiful day outside. or when it's a summer rain, but these might be called environment callings too.yes, most surely they are... so... agreed!
tnx for the note

·
Registered
40 Posts
Exactly... or, except when it's a really unbearably beautiful day outside. or when it's a summer rain, but these might be called environment callings too.yes, most surely they are... so... agreed!
tnx for the note
I don't think some activities are necessarily Se-exclusive. I think those of other dominant functions do them, but for different reasons. For example, both Ni and Se dominants might travel, but the Ni might travel because he or she is "soul searching", and the Se might travel just to try something new. And both and Ni and Se like to take walks outside, but the Ni might use that opportunity to think things through and the Se might use it for some exercise.

Reactions: my melody

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think some activities are necessarily Se-exclusive. I think those of other dominant functions do them, but for different reasons. For example, both Ni and Se dominants might travel, but the Ni might travel because he or she is "soul searching", and the Se might travel just to try something new. And both and Ni and Se like to take walks outside, but the Ni might use that opportunity to think things through and the Se might use it for some exercise.
I didn't say there where Se exclusive activities , I gave an example of them as being only environmental excuses triggered by outside sensed influences.Yet, even in this case, you opinion is far more complete and I admit I rushed into things as a beautiful day outside might be " a great reason to go out and to think!"
The reasons behind are nonetheless variable.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Reading an article about INFJ type, I read something about an "SP" side of INFJ
The fourth function for INFJ is extraverted sensing "Se". This is the kind of sensing that processes environmental data in a non-judgemental fashion. In other words you're just processing environmental input in real time.

Our fourth function matures later in life, although it expresses itself much earlier. When it is combined with extraverted Feeling "Fe" that's when an INFJ becomes the most social and really turns on the SP Wannabe. In addition to greater socialization this may express itself later in life with more awareness of the body.

This is a stage I am entering in my life right now. For the last 3 years I've been increasing the amount of sports and exercise I've been involved in. I do some nutty stuff like Break Skating or jam skating that people would normally think of as SP activities. 41 is pretty late in life for doing breaking flares and handstands. But such is the curse of developing Se at middle age instead of childhood.

Now there's a downside to this. Introverted Sensing "Si" is one of our shadow functions. It is better equipped for processing internal "facts" about our general health. Increased Se at middle age can put your health at risk if you are paying attention to what "Si" says in return.

For example I dislocated my left scapula, left shoulder and busted two ribs last week because a lady ran into me at the rink when I was doing a baby freeze. I was paying attention to Se to do the activity but not Si which says "You're too old to be doing freezes on your head"

LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The fourth function for INFJ is extraverted sensing "Se". This is the kind of sensing that processes environmental data in a non-judgemental fashion. In other words you're just processing environmental input in real time.

Our fourth function matures later in life, although it expresses itself much earlier. When it is combined with extraverted Feeling "Fe" that's when an INFJ becomes the most social and really turns on the SP Wannabe. In addition to greater socialization this may express itself later in life with more awareness of the body.

This is a stage I am entering in my life right now. For the last 3 years I've been increasing the amount of sports and exercise I've been involved in. I do some nutty stuff like Break Skating or jam skating that people would normally think of as SP activities. 41 is pretty late in life for doing breaking flares and handstands. But such is the curse of developing Se at middle age instead of childhood.

Now there's a downside to this. Introverted Sensing "Si" is one of our shadow functions. It is better equipped for processing internal "facts" about our general health. Increased Se at middle age can put your health at risk if you are paying attention to what "Si" says in return.

For example I dislocated my left scapula, left shoulder and busted two ribs last week because a lady ran into me at the rink when I was doing a baby freeze. I was paying attention to Se to do the activity but not Si which says "You're too old to be doing freezes on your head"

LOL
haha
thank you so much for your sharing and first of all I really hope that you are ok!:unsure:
I have half of your age but I can totally identify with what you've wrote. I guess that it started earlier for me but it's not much of a difference because I'm not such a healthy person either. (bad genes)

One thing that I've noticed is that when I act like a total kid is that I get allot of inspiration for my work in the fields of art, just from experimenting and experimenting and experimenting without the littlest connection with higher intellectual things.

It may seem stupid but I really find something special in this dumb carefree attitude... it's by far the most connected with that higher intuitive intelligence.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts