Personality Cafe banner

Want to be Interviewed about your Type on Youtube?

[ISTJ] 
1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  grumpytiger 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey ISTJ! Jetplane48 here and I just wanted to know if you guys would join our growing Personality Page on Facebook where we discuss MBTI/Socionics/Enneagram etc similar areas of psychology including disorders and abnormalities relating to personality (maybe even astrology?) and thanks for joining:)

And Yes, I do have a Youtube account discussing MBTI and similar systems. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/user/jetplane48

Hello ENFPs, I am an ESTP and I'm looking to interview you! I really want to get to know your type via this interactions. I have a a bunch of other videos up but these are they usually turn out:

The purpose of me making these videos is to show the world how all the types could work out in real life, and how they answer various topics. You can use these videos to observe facial movements and stuff like that. Add me on skype, my username is jetplane48 (or message me on PerC if you had any questions before you take the plunge) so we can get this party started and thank you guys for giving me your ears :D

(The interview doesn't have to be just us, it can be multiple people so if you prefer that, I could get more types involved)

I also do other types of videos such as follows:

Thanks again, love you PerC :)

See less See more
#2 ·
-Freezes, then runs quickly away-

Okay, I'll come back to explain.

I definitely think you can find great people on here to represent the types and educate others. But you -might- find types such as ISTJs (in general, not PerC specifically) to be a harder type to recruit due to an introverted and reserved nature.

But don't give up, you'll find them eventually I'm sure. I myself will have to stick to ISTJ stereotype on this, unfortunately, and decline. It's no offense to your project; when I get time I'd like to check your videos out and I hope you'll find the right people soon to get things rolling forward. I'm just not one for even starring in multiple photographs, much less be center stage in videos. Plus, I doubt I have the proper computer/ filming equipment to match your content.

But good luck, and be sure to treat yourself when you do get ISTJs on board; you'll definitely deserve the rearward for persistence and patience in seeking them out (;

#4 ·
Hmm, I actually think this sounds like a super fun and educational experience. I feel like I might want to participate BUT it boils down to being afraid of people staring at my face and knowing it (kinda). Never know what weirdos are on the Internet...

Yeah I know. Probably sounds ridiculous to you. My sister is ESTP and she definitely doesn’t share my level of caution.

#7 ·
@grumpytiger lol yeah I had the same thought "but you meet strangers in the streets anyway". However, you don't talk to them for long enough to accidentally disclose anything of importance. I still think logically, it's fine. It's probably some personal, illogical fear. *shrug*

A lot of ISTJs do tend to be cautious because of their nature to rely on experience. If their experiences have taught them to be cautious, then yeah.

#8 ·
@grumpytiger lol yeah I had the same thought "but you meet strangers in the streets anyway". However, you don't talk to them for long enough to accidentally disclose anything of importance. I still think logically, it's fine. It's probably some personal, illogical fear. *shrug*
I wasn't trying to say that you are an illogical person or anything like that. :)

A lot of ISTJs do tend to be cautious because of their nature to rely on experience. If their experiences have taught them to be cautious, then yeah.
Cautious about what, again. I'm cautious about some things and I'm not about other things.

The experience part is very true though. Basically, if I was in a certain type of situation once that was important enough in some way and it turned out bad with a bad enough consequence, and then if that repeated in the exact same way the next time, I don't try to go through that again for the third time. Sometimes I do, if I really see no other option... Or if I figure out what factors caused things to go down the bad way. Sometimes not going to try even for the second time (if very bad consequence). I guess I have this brand of cautiousness if we want to call it that but to me it's just an instinct of not doing what I know will end in a bad way. It's not simply being afraid of risks, but simply common sense to me to not try things again that clearly don't work. And I can figure out those factors sometimes to make it work actually and that can be great then. :)

Then in some other things I've been seen as very reckless (and as I said, I'd agree I can take a little risk sometimes that other people think is a bigger risk than it is in actuality), so there's that too.

#9 ·
I wasn't trying to say that you are an illogical person or anything like that. :)

Cautious about what, again. I'm cautious about some things and I'm not about other things.

The experience part is very true though. Basically, if I was in a certain type of situation once that was important enough in some way and it turned out bad with a bad enough consequence, and then if that repeated in the exact same way the next time, I don't try to go through that again for the third time. Sometimes I do, if I really see no other option... Or if I figure out what factors caused things to go down the bad way. Sometimes not going to try even for the second time (if very bad consequence). I guess I have this brand of cautiousness if we want to call it that but to me it's just an instinct of not doing what I know will end in a bad way. It's not simply being afraid of risks, but simply common sense to me to not try things again that clearly don't work. And I can figure out those factors sometimes to make it work actually and that can be great then. :)

Then in some other things I've been seen as very reckless (and as I said, I'd agree I can take a little risk sometimes that other people think is a bigger risk than it is in actuality), so there's that too.
Oh no worries, but I am quite illogical at times haha.

See, that's the thing. There isn't really a "common sense caution" for ISTJs (I don't think). We tailor our personal lessons to our personal experiences. So similar to what you said, one ISTJ's brand of cautiousness is not going to be the same as another ISTJ's brand of cautiousness, because everybody has unique experiences. I also view my cautiousness as "common sense" at times, but then I realize actually, many people will think I am overreacting.

The experience part is very true though. Basically, if I was in a certain type of situation once that was important enough in some way and it turned out bad with a bad enough consequence, and then if that repeated in the exact same way the next time, I don't try to go through that again for the third time. Sometimes I do, if I really see no other option... Or if I figure out what factors caused things to go down the bad way. Sometimes not going to try even for the second time (if very bad consequence).
Yeah, I have the same mindset when it comes to big mistakes. I always found it counter-productive to know you're walking into fire (again), and just let yourself do it willingly, and I very much dislike counter-productiveness. However, my sister who is ESTP (I will use her as an example) just keeps doing the same thing over and over again without a care in the world. I guess perhaps in her (and others') minds, the level of risk associated with the situation is not worthy of the value of the situation.

#17 ·
Btw I just saw this summary on ISTJs where it had a section for "Potential Blind Spots for ISTJs" (from here)

• If ISTJs have not developed their Sensing preference, they may not take in
enough facts and then may rush into action prematurely.
• If they don’t take in enough information, they run the risk of passing judgment
on others inappropriately.

I do think in some situations I move to the Te a bit too fast like this. Especially guilty of first one lol but then I tend to sort out things somehow. So much for the caution, again... in those situations anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.