Personality Cafe banner

Want to check to see if this fits an ENFP

[ENFP] 
Tags
enfp
3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  SirDude 
#1 ·
OK, I was going to post this in the "I am an ENFP and..." tread, but since I am very new to the whole personality types and for some reason still have doubts, I thought I would post this here first. If I need to move it I can.

Here's how I see myself....

I think about beautiful women, ALOT, I mean, that's when I'm not thinking about traveling, or sex, or finding something fun to do, or sex, or wondering why my friend hasn't returned my text, I mean it's already been like 20 seconds, they should have had enough time to read it by now! I wonder if something happened to him/her/them? Maybe I should drive over there, see if they need any help? Wow, look at the chick on TV, ok, I'm sure they're fine. Wow she's sexy....

I am lost in a never ending search for the perfect career.

(thinking about sex)

I love writing very detailed / graphic / passionate stories.

(thinking about sex)

I write my emails with over a 1000 words / "long winded", filled with every detail I can think of, but I am still worried they won't understand what I am saying.

(thinking about sex)

I was the only kid in my school's "special ed." classes with an IQ in the mid 100's.

I barely graduated HS English with a D+, but scored almost a perfect score on my college placement texts.

I have brain-farts when I "NEED" to spell some of the simplest words, but can look at Nuclear Reactor and totally understand how it works.

I am compelled to contact everyone I know if there is something happening (news, weather, TV show, etc) they should know about, might like, etc.

I have a never ending desire to give my female friends a back-rub ( or foot, legs, bikini wax...just checking to see if you're still with me?)

I look at something (ie; a room, building, picture, etc) for one minute and can remember most of the finest details, but need to have a list of "things to do" because I can't remember to buy Toilet Paper or drop off my rent check.

I will clean a friend's house, cut their lawn, etc, at anytime if asked of me, but I have to be in the right mood to get around to cleaning my own bathroom.

I will take out the trash and not complain, but even if I was about to start doing the trash, and someone says "did you do the trash yet?" I will walk right past it and go to the refrigerator instead.

I Cried at the end of every "Extreme Home Makeover" type show.

I get my feelings hurt over some of the littlest, dumbest things.

I will put my own shopping on hold until I locate an item a stranger asked if I knew where to find it. Even if it means walking around the whole store with them.

I can see beauty in just about everything, but still think my head is shaped weird.

I am exactly like what most women say they want, I'm passionate, love to communicate, sensitive to her feelings, like taking long walks on a beach at sun-set, willing to talk / listen for hours, have no problem with holding hands, (or a her purse) in public, but most women say I'm too much of a "nice guy" or "too mushy". Go figure! :confused:

I get so "slap happy" that even young kids think I'm weird, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

I want to try just about everything in the world, at least twice... Just to make sure I didn't like it the first time.

I can sit and day-dream for hours or days about something I want to do, then...oh look, there's a donut! I like donuts, you want it? Don't worry I really shouldn't eat it, go ahead, I won't mind. (she eats that donut I'm going to scream) No, really, it's ok, I don't mind. (She can tell I'm pissed, I better give her a hug) You enjoying that? Can I get you some milk or something else? ....3 am...I'm gonna run down to the store, you need anything? (must, have, donuts....haha)

I think long and hard about stuff I want to do, but before I do it, I need to check with my friends on what they think, if they disagree with me, I say OK, and tell myself, "Ah, they don't know anything about [fill in the blank]" and I go do it anyway.

I like to play devils advocate just for the sake of debating something, but then will twist my opinion to point out the good points or the points that fit with my beliefs of whatever we are debating.

Man, it's been like ten minutes now and they still haven't returned my text! That's it, I'm not calling them again. Nope, I'm going to do it, they can call me the next time. ..... I'm sure they're ok, but nope, not going to call. F$&K THEM! ....next day... I'll try texting them one more time, maybe they had bad cell-service or something and didn't get the message.

So am I "just" nuts or does this fit an ENFP?

Have a Great Day!

SirDude

See less See more
Reactions: Danse Macabre
#2 ·
Nope you sound exactly like me lool!! esp the thing about you cant spell but you understand complicated stuff, and you can remeber un-important things but not to pay your rent etc i do litterally live in my world and how it is.

i also fail to conclude that everyones different, and get angery that people dont react or deal with things how i do, because i just dont understand.

i was also in a speacial class in my earlier years at school, because i was crap at spelling and reading. but excellent at mathematics and demanded to be in normal classes, and thus i was.

i also get annoyed by rules that i deem as pointless, and that serve no real purpose, and thus dont follow many coz i dont see the point in most of them :)

work also annoys me, because i feel like a prisoner for 8 hours a day and ask myself ' if i dont want to be here, why cant i just not be here???' but yes..we all have to work.

people also fail to recognise that when i do things for them, its generally not for them, but because of my morals. like being a super good friend, its not because i barely no you but i love you that much, its because i want to because i feel its the right thing to do and i would do it for anyone.

i have so many different dimesions to myself its a joke. i always suprise people and people always underestimate me. others have also commented that i am very deep and have alot of layers.

i hate criticism. HATE IT!! because i am sensative to what others think of me, i feel it validates me insecurties. i some times wounder why i cant be more this, or more that, and i also obsess that i am shit at making conversation or deemed unsocilable, people who i ask look at me as if im delusional if i ask them if im seen like this.

theres some of mine anyways!

#3 ·
You just sound ADHD and sexually underfed to me. :tongue:

I don't care about staring at or waiting for responses to texts, but I have been known to take it personally when I don't get "Thanks" on a post.

I also am not into the passive stuff. If I want the doughnut, I say it. Life has taught me. I'll end up losing the doughnut if I don't speak up.

I am exactly like what most women say they want, I'm passionate, love to communicate, sensitive to her feelings, like taking long walks on a beach at sun-set, willing to talk / listen for hours, have no problem with holding hands, (or a her purse) in public, but most women say I'm too much of a "nice guy" or "too mushy". Go figure! :confused:
Not all women like long walks on the beach (I prefer to swim in it and train). And really, it would be a turn off if a guy were to hold my purse in public. I feel so sorry when I see guys who stands there doing that. I find it emasculating. Are you sure you are not confusing "what women want in a man" for "what women like to do"? I really want to feel like the woman in a relationship. I know I can't speak for all creatures, but I can get a little resentful if I'm ousted or one upped in my role.

I know an ENFP guy who outromanced his partner. He baked her cakes for Valentines Day and themed adventures together. She eventually got tired of him outdoing her, so she left him. She wanted to be the cake baker I guess. Some women like being in the more traditional roles.

I am compelled to contact everyone I know if there is something happening (news, weather, TV show, etc) they should know about, might like, etc.
I love sharing information or knowledge. It's my life. That is why I teach. :wink: It comes naturally.

I will take out the trash and not complain, but even if I was about to start doing the trash, and someone says "did you do the trash yet?" I will walk right past it and go to the refrigerator instead.
Hahaha! Yep! This is me too. Can you say "Control issues" anyone? :tongue:

I will clean a friend's house, cut their lawn, etc, at anytime if asked of me, but I have to be in the right mood to get around to cleaning my own bathroom.
Wow, this is totally me too. I guess we must be more motivated by people pleasing. What is cool is when you live with someone who is the same as you. For awhile, my daughter and I were cleaning each other's bedrooms. It worked out well. :happy:

I look at something (ie; a room, building, picture, etc) for one minute and can remember most of the finest details, but need to have a list of "things to do" because I can't remember to buy Toilet Paper or drop off my rent check.
Who gives a rat's ass about rent and TP? I'm a survivor, baby. I can camp out if necessary. I'm not going to ruin my day or fun analyzing and researching relationships and the world, just so I can complete a mundane task. If necessary, I can make do. Just don't pull me out of my head space-ouch!

I tend to also be long winded in my posts. Whatever, I've worked on it. :wink:

#5 ·
Alright, I took a minute to "thanks" all y'all, but don't start thinking you're getting it on every post.:wink: I know how some people can be, they get use to getting it all the time and then they stop working for it. Gotta keep people like that on their toes! :laughing: I don't want to over-use them like people do with the word "Love". I'm working on cutting down the L-word usage. These days it's getting harder and harder to tell if someone loves a cookie as they do their partner. And for you that do, I really don't want to know about that. Just keep your crumbs to yourself!

You just sound ADHD and sexually underfed to me.
I don't think it's an ADHD thing, I think it's more of lack of blood to the brain from being sexually underfed! :cool:

Not all women like long walks on the beach (I prefer to swim in it and train). And really, it would be a turn off if a guy were to hold my purse in public. I feel so sorry when I see guys who stands there doing that. I find it emasculating. Are you sure you are not confusing "what women want in a man" for "what women like to do"? I really want to feel like the woman in a relationship. I know I can't speak for all creatures, but I can get a little resentful if I'm ousted or one upped in my role.
That list was of "wants" the women in my life are always crying to me about. I guess you could call it the "Why can't I find a guy who is..." list. When I listen to them I feel like Bill Murray's character in the movie "Groundhog Day" when he ask Andie Macdowell what she likes in a guy, and then he repeats it and says something like "thats me, me, me too, oh, I'm so close on this one" as if he was running down a check-list. :laughing:

It's not that I enjoy holding purses or buying Tampon at 2 am, but if it brings some pleasure into their life then it make me happy to do it. I mean, I would be perfectly happy just staying in bed all day if that was the only area I needed to worry about please them. But we all know it doesn't work like that, so we do who or what we have to do to make each other happy.

I know an ENFP guy who outromanced his partner. He baked her cakes for Valentines Day and themed adventures together. She eventually got tired of him outdoing her, so she left him. She wanted to be the cake baker I guess. Some women like being in the more traditional roles.
Wow, that's pretty harsh, but in a way I can see both sides, that's why I stuck to making the mess and left her to clean it up. I didn't want to make the ex feel like she wasn't important or anything! :cool: No, really, she was the baker and I was the cook. I didn't make cakes, etc and I cooked dinner. Plus, I wanted more then cereal and bagels for dinner.

Who gives a rat's ass about rent and TP? I'm a survivor, baby. I can camp out if necessary. I'm not going to ruin my day or fun analyzing and researching relationships and the world, just so I can complete a mundane task. If necessary, I can make do. Just don't pull me out of my head space-ouch!
Agree, but you can only make "do", or "do-do" in this case, so many times before someone needs to go to the store or the laundry-mat! Trust me when I say I will be one of the first people in line to buy those machines they have on the Jetsons! You know the ones where the meals just come out of nowhere, the clothes wash and fold themselves, etc etc. :laughing: But being the ENFP that I seem to be, I try to make the most of going shopping. That's why I shop at the Wally World in the weirder part of town when I lived in FL. It was a different adventure every time! It was like watching Cops, Extreme Makeover Edition and Oprah all at once. :crazy:

SIDENOTE: I hear a number of ENFP's are teachers, does anyone happen to know what subjects or what kind of teacher they are? I was really giving Teaching a good look as a possible career change. Maybe do a little ESL/TESOL overseas.

OK, it's time for me to fly...

Have a great day!

SirDude

#14 ·
Honestly, staying in bed all day is a lot more sexier than you buying tampons.
But if she's in need of Tampons, then there's no need to be staying in bed, and most of the women I know don't find too many things "sexy" around that same time. So even more reason to get out of Dodge! :wink:

As for the teaching, point taken, but I was wondering in general if there was a common subject we ENFP's lean towards, or are better suited for???

Have a bestest day!

SirDude

#15 ·
Dude, where's my thanks for my post #13? I mean, I responded to your thread and all. Where is the love?
But if she's in need of Tampons, then there's no need to be staying in bed, and most of the women I know don't find too many things "sexy" around that same time. So even more reason to get out of Dodge! :wink:
Dude, I don't know what kind of women you've been around but I get worse at that time. Remember, female chimps have estrus and actually SHOW when they are in heat. I don't find myself to be much different.

As for the teaching, point taken, but I was wondering in general if there was a common subject we ENFP's lean towards, or are better suited for???
Well I teach aerobic kickboxing, voice and piano. I teach private individuals as well as group fitness. I do like one-on-one better. Even at the college, I teach my vocal majors individually. I have to have lots of freedom in what I do and basically be my own boss and set my own schedule.

I am not sure similar use of cognitive functions means we all love the same things.

Now go back and thank me. :angry:

Reactions: SirDude and Tawna
#4 ·
Well, at the very least, you stopped thinking about sex pretty early on ;).

I suppose I see similarities and differences, but you sound like a fun loving ENFP to me! I guess some of the viewpoints are a lot different girls compared to guys, but I am still somewhat learning about the different types and gender differences.

HAHAHAHAHA constant fight I undergo with dad. I spent two hours cleaning my boyfriend's family's refridgerator but my bathroom is awful! :D

I think long and hard about stuff I want to do, but before I do it, I need to check with my friends on what they think, if they disagree with me, I say OK, and tell myself, "Ah, they don't know anything about [fill in the blank]" and I go do it anyway.
I always ask my friend's opinions before doing something, but then usually do it regardless of what they say. I believe that's why we are known as very impulsive people. I think we kind of like to know where our friend's stand with certain choices, but in the end we are still fiercely independent and do our own thing.

Anyways, I think you're pretty cool :D. Nice to meet ya!

#6 ·
I always ask my friend's opinions before doing something, but then usually do it regardless of what they say. I believe that's why we are known as very impulsive people. I think we kind of like to know where our friend's stand with certain choices, but in the end we are still fiercely independent and do our own thing.

Anyways, I think you're pretty cool :D. Nice to meet ya!
That sounds pretty much right, it's almost like we ask our friends just to find out if we're going to catch any slack for buying or doing anything, but in the end we really don't clear enough to let it stop up. Plus, I also just like to talk / chat with people, and if I waited for most people in my life to strike up a conversation I'd be sitting there for a while doing nothing. (but thinking about....you guessed it! :tongue: )

And thank you for the compliment, nice to meet you too!

#7 ·
[quoteI will take out the trash and not complain, but even if I was about to start doing the trash, and someone says "did you do the trash yet?" I will walk right past it and go to the refrigerator instead. ][/quote]
I do that. Why bug me about it if you know I'll do it eventually?

I write my emails with over a 1000 words / "long winded", filled with every detail I can think of, but I am still worried they won't understand what I am saying.
I do that when I explain something. For some reason, I just think that there's no way someone else could grasp a concept without loads of info, even if it took me like, 2 seconds to get it.

I like to play devils advocate just for the sake of debating something, but then will twist my opinion to point out the good points or the points that fit with my beliefs of whatever we are debating.
yes. i argue just to show that there are two sides to everything. Even if I'm in total agreement with the other person.

Man, it's been like ten minutes now and they still haven't returned my text! That's it, I'm not calling them again. Nope, I'm going to do it, they can call me the next time. ..... I'm sure they're ok, but nope, not going to call. F$&K THEM! ....next day... I'll try texting them one more time, maybe they had bad cell-service or something and didn't get the message.
:crazy: I do that. I mean, c'mon. i have to answer everything as soon as i get it. Even at 3 am. I dont see how people can just ignore a message or not respond absolutely immediately.

Well, details completely escape me no matter what, lol. But i know what you mean. I can recall the exact URL of some site i found interesting, and yet forget the password I use every day to log on to something.

Overall, you sound pretty enfp. I think we have got to be the craziest of the types. ADHD is just a label created to explain us, I sometimes think.

Reactions: SirDude
#8 ·
Overall, you sound pretty enfp. I think we have got to be the craziest of the types. ADHD is just a label created to explain us, I sometimes think.
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. And if I need to be one of the crazier types of the bunch, at least it's nice to know I'm not alone. :cool:

#10 ·
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. And if I need to be one of the crazier types of the bunch, at least it's nice to know I'm not alone.
no prob. :) Although I have yet to meet another ENFP in real life. That I know of, at least. Haha. I tend to hang out with ST's for some reason. Add some fun to their uber-serious ways.

#11 ·
ENFP Prayer: God, please help me to keep my mind on one th- Hey! Look! A squirrel!- ing at a time.
Tawna, I really like this! It sounds like me lately. "God, please give me the strength...I need to remember to go to the post office tomorrow...to make it through another day!" :laughing: Maybe that's why he's having a hard time answering me?! LOL

Reactions: Tawna
#12 ·
Tawna, I really like this! It sounds like me lately. "God, please give me the strength...I need to remember to go to the post office tomorrow...to make it through another day!" Maybe that's why he's having a hard time answering me?! LOL
Haha. Yeah, I love this prayer. I just don't think we're ever going to be very good at focusing on one thing. That's fine, I'll just call it "multi-tasking". Put a positive spin on it. :wink:

Reactions: SirDude
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.