Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had the feeling you want to escape from your mundane life and experience something tasteful, beautiful, pleasing, go on a spontaneous adventure etc. but your reasoning/realism gets in the way. You start thinking how it's not possible going on a spontaneous adventure of new experiences, because 1. you already know all of the places within your reach and 2. you start thinking it will not be as amazing as you'd imagine.

I get this feeling sometimes, that I want to experience something awesome, aesthetically pleasing, taste new food and other things, but they seem so far out of reach and impossible to achieve. It's like I have high ambitions and dreams but very little motivation to actually do them, because I somehow always think it's impossible to do or even if I do it, it will not be as amazing as I'd hoped.

If you're like me, you'll probably start thinking what cognitive function is acting out here and what is the reason? Is it suppressed Se or something else? Can you relate?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I can relate! I don't know what my type is for sure so can't say which functions/type this could be related to (although I just posted in the type me section so I may be able to get back to you on that!). I always think 'wow it would be amazing to do X' or go to a certain place but then the other side of my brain automatically starts thinking about how I'd get to a place (I don't have a car so even seemingly close things can take hours on a bus), how I'd afford it (buses? Taxis? Overnight stays?) etc etc. I think those things ARE possible to achieve but they take a lot of planning and for me I always struggle to justify spending a lot of money when I'm a student who doesn't have a lot of it and needs to save every penny I can!

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Ne (new ideas) - Si (worst possibilities)?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Easy fix: but a bus ticket to the next bigest city neerest you: find someone to couchsurf for the weekend.
Adventure solved.

I think Ti may be responsible for holding the adventure back, maybe Fe for inciting the desire.

Either way you shoud go for it, I dare you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts