Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I would come back and look more into typology, so I'm filling out this questionnaire again as a starting point. Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to read and look through this!

What age range are you in? 18. College freshman.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about? I like pineapples on my pizza.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind. Very broad question, but I'll try to narrow it down: My main goal in life is to live both comfortably and meaningfully, and I want this to reflect in all aspects of my life. For instance, I want a career that will allow me and my family to live a comfortable existence financially and domestically, but at the same time should provide me with a sense of fulfillment and importance (broadly speaking, any career where I can take abstract ideas and use them for practical things or to help others). In an ideal partner, I want someone who shares my sense of simple, yet pleasurable living, and who I can spend hours alone in the company of.

2. What were you like as a kid? A rule-following know-it-all in elementary school. As I went into middle and high school and adolescence, I changed. Although I've never been a buck-the-system fuck-the-rules type of rebel, I fashioned myself a cheeky, relaxed conversationalist. However, I also evolved to view myself (and still do) as the voice of objectivity in my friend group.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted? I have a happy, healthy relationship with my parents, which speaks for itself. It seems most people are very open with what they share with their parents. I, however, am more selective when it comes to sharing things with my own parents. I think this is partly because I'm a moderately private person and partly because I fear being reprimanded (I think I view it as a form of patronization, which I can be irritated by easily).

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being? I value the pursuit of authenticity and truth, principled leadership, relaxation, and a desire to learn. I hope to avoid being someone who is authoritarian, manipulative, or workaholic in nature.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them? I've always feared both physical harm, as well as being unable to resist being controlled (I guess that ties into why I generally don't like insects XD; those buggers are hard to catch and like to toy with you.).

6. a.) How do you see yourself? I see myself as someone who is trying his hardest every day to learn things and live by his principles, even if I fall short. But, I also see myself as someone who can relax and have a good time.
b.) How do you want others to see you? I hope to be seen as intelligent (admittedly), but also a genuine, sincere person.
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people? I dislike people who are overly controlling and policing, or who are extremely high-strung about trivial things. I also dislike people who are pretentious and act like they know more than they do (and I admit to having been guilty of this several times).

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you 3
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. 2

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this? I can't say mind is (consciously) provoked by anything in my immediate environment...it sort of just provokes itself. I like to think about possibilities for various ideas in various arenas, such as writing or entrepreneurship ideas (most of which I don't bother executing), or how I can actively improve myself as a person.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst? Being productive and feeling meaning in life; Being unproductive and feeling a lack of meaning in life.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
1 of 2 things: I either ignore it, or I feel it, repress it, but make it known on my facial expression.
b.) shame Replay an event that has induced feelings of shame within me and figure out what I would've done differently before moving on from it.
c.) anxiety Defensive, vigilant mindset as to whatever is giving me anxiety. Plan out what to do so as to assuage anxiety and deal with situation accordingly. I also have a tendency to make contingency plans on how to deal with something in the event that my anxieties are proven correct.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
I will try to tune out and procrastinate on dealing with whatever is stressing me out before I say "Screw it." and intensely deal with it.
b.) negative unexpected change Initially might try to resist it, but I instead just work to figure out how and what I need to change in order to adapt to this negative, unexpected situation.
c.) conflict If someone sees me as the source of the conflict and confronts me, I try to keep my cool and ask them to explain themselves. But, if it escalates and I feel burning inside, I might just snap and roar with anger, though I'll regret it later. If I have a conflict with someone else, I try to be polite when talking to them about it.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why? In respect to professional/project groups, I tend to be a democratic leader, steering the group towards a final conclusion but making sure all ideas are heard and respected. However, I also enjoy being an influential deputy in group settings, serving as a voice of reason to whoever is in charge.
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why? ^^^
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why? Generally, no, if I feel that there is a respectful dynamic in which the superior doesn't excessively patronize the inferior and there is mutual respect across the aisles.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't? I'm not sure how to answer this question, but I suppose I can pick up on moods and emotions of others, even if I don't necessarily act on this information.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust. I find it very difficult to trust people with private feelings and personal thoughts. But if I need a close friend to do something for me, I'm generally very confident that I can rely on them because I'd like to think my friends have good character.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire? Agnostic; Economic Centrist and Socially Libertarian (closest alignment is classical liberal); I think my religious beliefs and political views reflect a belief the freedom of the individual to exercise their fullest potential and to not harm others. So, I think it is my personal views as expressed in the questionnaire that influence my religion and politics, rather than vice versa.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Any disorders or conditions we should know about? I like pineapples on my pizza.
Eww

I have a happy, healthy relationship with my parents, which speaks for itself. It seems most people are very open with what they share with their parents.
Are they ? Well shit.

For the typing: Definitely some sort of positive triad. 7w6 seems right. In fact your entire tritype is pretty close to what I have in mind. I'd lean more towards 7w6-9w8-3w2 as a whole, but that's your call. Definitely Sx last.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts