Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to attempt to break down the MBTI and the cognitive functions of a INFJ. In a not so psychological/mathematical confusing manner that it is already described as.

Everybody knows that: I stands for Introvert - N stands for Intuition - F stands for felling and J stands for Judging. But how in are these four letters broke down you ask? Thank you for asking, a good question as well. Which happens to be a big factor for mistyping and confusion.
The first letter I is the important one to be able to break down this mad scientist equation.
The first letter is for our dominate function the dreadful Introverted Intuition but Intuition is the second letter:confused:. Yes, that is true this leads us to the last letter J the second important letter in this equation. The J in INFJ represents our Judging function that we use. And there are only two different judging functions Thinking and Felling. So Feeling judging function it is. As you can tell the I--J is only used to define our NF. It could make more since if you look at it this way INFE....Our main function is Introverted and our secondary function is Extroverted. Now it is time for opposites attract our Intuition is Introverted so our Sensing is Extroverted, Our Feeling function is Extroverted so our Thinking function is Introverted. So that gets us Ni-Fe-TI-Se. Wait this whole Introvert and Extrovert is still missing something. Introvert deals with our inner world and Extrovert deals with the outer world. Not to be confused by stereotypes of society as Introvert=shy.
Our main function is Introverted Intuition which means our dominate function deals with our own inner mind our "unconscious". Most people do not want to know what is lurking around in there unconscious but for those who mastered and or understand their Ni has grown to love it and hate it.
Our second function is Extroverted Feelings which is how our decision making is most dominate in. Basically we care how others feel in how we express what we are thinking or how we act.

So far we have how we gain our information and how we express our information. What we have left is our second set of function's Introverted Thinking and Extroverted Sensing. After I get more coffee I will continue in this and dive into the balance and unbalance of functions and how this can affect your life.

This show was brought to you by the letter I and will return after these short messages............

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Are the undead bringing you down? Do their moans of despair keep you up at night?

If you answered yes to one (or both) of these questions, we have what's right for you!

Try new Zom-B-gone! With three quick steps, you can alleviate yourself of all your mostly-deceased troubles. It's simple! All you have to do is...

1. Load it.

2. Aim.

3. Pull the trigger, and Zom-B-gone will do the rest!

Now in explosive and incendiary flavors. Not for children under 5.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Oh boy, I may have to DVR this one because for further understanding I may have to let my mind free with a glass of wine or two. Perhaps part two will be formatted a bit more like School House Rock...a little song and dance never hurts!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh boy, I may have to DVR this one because for further understanding I may have to let my mind free with a glass of wine or two. Perhaps part two will be formatted a bit more like School House Rock...a little song and dance never hurts!
I was so thinking of going School House Rock style .....Conjunction junction, what's your function...

·
Super Moderator
11,850 Posts
Please stay tuned for the next coming attraction....

The balance and unbalance of functions and how this can affect your life... LOL

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Seriously, though, thank you for your post! Finally someone put "MBTI and the cognitive functions of a INFJ" in laymen's terms! Whew!:happy:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For a side note this way of explaining is only for IxxJ function usage.
For an example INTJ= INTE= Introverted Intuition with Extroverted Thinking then the last two function would be opposites attract Introverted feeling then Extroverted Sensing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts