Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay, now i've got your attention with my sense of humour, which may or may not be related to my Enneatype. Anyways, let's start talking about why i'm really here.

I'm going to assume that most of us have gotten the feeling when we thought we were this type for a long time and...well, we guessed it fit us, right? But then we find out about the "deeper" stuff, such as the tritype in Enneagram, the Dominant/Auxiliary functions in Jung, and the Quandras in Socionics. And then, we were all like,

Oh, goodness, now we have to re-decide what the hell our types are.

I'm assuming we've all been there, in one way or another.

So, here's my story: i spent a long time believing i was a 2 because - okay, i'm not gonna do this LONG typing. I'll just make a list:

• First type: 2w3
  • First tritype: 2w3 9w1 6w7
  • Current (semi-sure) type: 2w1
  • Current (semi-sure) tritype: 2w1 9w8 7w6
  • Possible (semi-sure) type: 9w8
  • Possible (semi-sure) tritype: 9w8 2w1 7w6
  • Current (semi-sure) Center: Heart
  • Possible (semi-sure) Center: Gut
  • Variant stack: Sx/So

Now, different lists:

REASONS I DOUBT I'M A 2
  1. After analyzing my own actions in different emotional situations, i have concluded that i don't try to manipulate people (unless it's in persuasive writing - then i go all-out on manipulation, lol)
  2. The 2 desriptions fit me well, but i'm not always REALLY desiring to be loved or appreciated.
  3. I'm not THAT flattering...okay, yes, i flatter people, but not in the ways 2 descriptions say.
  4. Yes, i am proud, but not in the 2 way. I try not to be proud, in fact.
  5. I'm more self-aware, i guess? I question my own motives more than the archetypal 2.
  6. I am 100% sure that i'm Sx (much more sure than i am about my Enneatype), but the 2-Sx descriptions sound NOTHING like me.
  7. My ideal life wouldn't be full of healthy self-worth and feeling love...i don't value those things THAT much.
  8. According to The Enneagram Institute, "Beneath the surface, all three [Heart Center] types fear that they are without value in themselves, and so they must be or do something extraordinary in order to win love and acceptance from others." That's not me - i want to be ordinary, to fit in, so i can get along and not get into trouble.

Instead, i may be 9...
  1. I get mad a lot, but i try to repress my anger most of the time. However, lately, i've been realizing that that's a problem, and i've been trying to express my anger healthily...but it's not working, and i think that may be from 8, which i think could be my main wing.
  2. A lot of the time, i act like 2, but for 9's reasons - wanting union, oneness, stability in both myself and others.
  3. Again, i just want to be ordinary. I don't care about being special or extraordinary.
  4. I'm too lazy to come up with more...i really need to take a break and go by my daily routine or else i'll just burn myself out right now :frustrating: sorry, i will write more later.

Thanks SO much for any help you can give me!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@nburns Hmm, that's an interesting perspective. Thanks! :proud: is that partly the thinking you used to determine your type, btw?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
@nburns Hmm, that's an interesting perspective. Thanks! :proud: is that partly the thinking you used to determine your type, btw?
I came across the enneagram around 10 years ago and that's when I typed myself. For a brief instant I was thinking 5, because that sounded like the stereotypical introverted computer nerd and I was an introverted computer nerd. However, I looked at 9, and that fit my self-image at a deeper level. I actually was pleased to not be the stereotypical nerd type... heh

I came to that conclusion based on the Riso/Hudson descriptions. After Riso/Hudson, I read Helen Palmer's book, and I related to several of the type descriptions--especially 9, of course.

I think it's expected that 9s relate to many other types, for various reasons. One basic reason is that 9s have weak identities, and so they can be oblivious to their true nature. Also, I think relating to 1, 8, 4, and 5 are to be expected.

Some 9s mistype as 2 or 7. Females are especially likely to mistype as 2s, since 2 sounds kind of archetypically feminine.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came across the enneagram around 10 years ago and that's when I typed myself. For a brief instant I was thinking 5, because that sounded like the stereotypical introverted computer nerd and I was an introverted computer nerd. However, I looked at 9, and that fit my self-image at a deeper level. I actually was pleased to not be the stereotypical nerd type... heh
XD yeah there's always that stereotype moment. That was me with 2 - i wanted to be selfless and sacrificing and loving, you know, all that :p but then, i got rid of the stereotypes and...POOF! What the heck happened to what i thought was my type??? lol :laughing:

I came to that conclusion based on the Riso/Hudson descriptions. After Riso/Hudson, I read Helen Palmer's book, and I related to several of the type descriptions--especially 9, of course.

I think it's expected that 9s relate to many other types, for various reasons. One basic reason is that 9s have weak identities, and so they can be oblivious to their true nature. Also, I think relating to 1, 8, 4, and 5 are to be expected.

Some 9s mistype as 2 or 7. Females are especially likely to mistype as 2s, since 2 sounds kind of archetypically feminine.
I can't spend all my money ordering books...my parents will be so mad :crazy: but good suggestions, maybe i'll check them out in 10 years' time when i'm actually an adult with a good income :happy::tongue:

That's true - not having a strong sense of self. That's me, though; i literally canNOT find an identity - i keep on convincing myself that i have, but it always turns out to be some sort of character or something i made up in order to accomodate other people :rolleyes: and i think 1 and 4 are types i could mistype as, but not 8 or 5...But yeah, 2 could be a mistype, lol. I wanted to belong, be ordinary, and fit in, so maybe i caught on to the female archetype? Also 7, lol. I get so distracted by "fun" stuff XD

Btw do you know your MBTI?

·
Registered
407 Posts
[...]
That's true - not having a strong sense of self. That's me, though; i literally canNOT find an identity - i keep on convincing myself that i have, but it always turns out to be some sort of character or something i made up in order to accomodate other people :rolleyes: and i think 1 and 4 are types i could mistype as, but not 8 or 5...But yeah, 2 could be a mistype, lol. I wanted to belong, be ordinary, and fit in, so maybe i caught on to the female archetype? Also 7, lol. I get so distracted by "fun" stuff XD

Btw do you know your MBTI?
If it helps at all, I'm a 9 and I relate to this so hard. I'm not great at enneagram yet but from what I read you do sound like a 9.

How do you relate to sexual 9 descriptions?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it helps at all, I'm a 9 and I relate to this so hard. I'm not great at enneagram yet but from what I read you do sound like a 9.

How do you relate to sexual 9 descriptions?
Hmm, i've heard other 9s in the forum saying similar things about finding an "untrue" identity, and since i related to that so well, i posted it here. Thanks for pointing that out, i guess it is a very common thing amongst (if that's even the right word) the Type 9s then!

I relate to the Sx 9 descriptions really well. There is an internal struggle for withdrawing and asserting - i try to solve that by speaking up for others and expressing my anger, but that really makes me appear NOT like a 9. It's still hard to speak up for myself...do you ever feel like you could assert others' rights and feelings, but not your own?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'm assuming you are young, and while a lot of people think that you can't grasp your type when you're young, I think youth may be a better time, because you have had less time to form lies about yourself and start to believe them.

Hmm, i've heard other 9s in the forum saying similar things about finding an "untrue" identity, and since i related to that so well, i posted it here. Thanks for pointing that out, i guess it is a very common thing amongst (if that's even the right word) the Type 9s then!
9s have a hard time picking an identity, because we always want to keep our options open. We can see the good in any identity, and also the bad.

I relate to the Sx 9 descriptions really well. There is an internal struggle for withdrawing and asserting - i try to solve that by speaking up for others and expressing my anger, but that really makes me appear NOT like a 9. It's still hard to speak up for myself...do you ever feel like you could assert others' rights and feelings, but not your own?
Absolutely. 9s are stuck between 8 and 1. So sometimes we act like 8, and other times we act like 1.

Defending other people against injustice is an 8ish thing. We're also preoccupied with propriety and self-restraint, which is 1ish. When it comes time to assert ourselves, we can get stuck deciding if it's appropriate to do so or not.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took the MBTI test a long time ago and came up with ISFP. I'm not sure how much I believe that. I don't like the MBTI.
Did you take the official one, or an online one? I think i read somewhere that online tests are only 60% accurate. But the same source says that your type stays the same your entire life, which i absolutely refuse to believe. How come you don't like the MBTI?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Did you take the official one, or an online one? I think i read somewhere that online tests are only 60% accurate. But the same source says that your type stays the same your entire life, which i absolutely refuse to believe. How come you don't like the MBTI?
I don't remember which test. I don't relate very strongly to any of the cognitive function descriptions or type descriptions. Maybe that's just my 9ish lack of identity. But it makes my eyes glaze over.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm assuming you are young, and while a lot of people think that you can't grasp your type when you're young, I think youth may be a better time, because you have had less time to form lies about yourself and start to believe them.
Yeah, im only 13, and i can see what you mean. Although i think i may as well have been forming lies about myself and believing them ever since i was 3...it's like i always experimented with different types or cognitive functions or whatever, but couldn't settle down on one.

In first grade, i was extremely obsessed with proving to my parents that i was special and that i could excel, so i put all my effort into studying hard to get "first place". I also wanted others to see me as the best. Oh, and i wanted to be pretty. That's 3 behaviour :p

In second grade, i wanted to change things in my environment, make everything right. I always got annoyed when others broke rules, because it was not right, and i was the only one following the rules, so that was not FAIR. That's me being a 1.

In third grade, i wanted to be unique, special, different, and loved. I tried being different at everything, only to end up exiled from society. And then i got very sad, and really pitied myself as the "victim" of a story. 4, for sure.

In fourth grade, i had mixed loyalties and wanted to tie myself to something, wanted to belong. I did all sorts of controversial things - enforcing rules, then breaking them; getting offended, then offending people, etc. I was insecure about myself - type 6.

In fifth grade, my best friend moved away, and i was ripped from the person i attached myself to in order to belong. (The only thing i'm sure about is my Sexual>Social variant.) So i tried being nice to everyone and making them feel special, to feel worthy again - 2.

In sixth grade...oh, my, that one was messed up. My self-esteem was still down, so i took an online IQ test, believed it, and retreated into my own mind, trying to master "intelligence" to not lose my "rare gifts of the mind" and myself. But that's exactly what i did - lose myself. Type 5 behaviour.

In seventh grade - i got obsessed with soccer/football, and dedicated myself entirely to being a good fan. That seemed to be a mix of 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Honestly, i can't pick a type for this.

Now, in eighth grade, i have finally learned that wanting to be special doesn't work. Everybody is special, and i am no different. But i am also more messed up than ever.

9s have a hard time picking an identity, because we always want to keep our options open. We can see the good in any identity, and also the bad.
Whoa, you just read my mind there. I'm always aware of the good/bad in anything, and i really can't seem to settle down on just one, like i said above. Maybe i don't want to pick one - it does seem constraining, yeah. But everyone falls under their one type, plus the rest of their tritype, so i can't just say i'm the "special one" with no type...ugh this is frustrating :laughing:

Absolutely. 9s are stuck between 8 and 1. So sometimes we act like 8, and other times we act like 1.

Defending other people against injustice is an 8ish thing. We're also preoccupied with propriety and self-restraint, which is 1ish. When it comes time to assert ourselves, we can get stuck deciding if it's appropriate to do so or not.
I've tried self-restraint, and it didn't work. Now, i think i'm trying to express myself, but with little success. It's like i live in a much faster rhythm than other 9s - i say "it's okay, everything's fine" to every single little thing, and i deal with it quickly, so even if i had a ratio of 10:1 in "it's okay:NO ITS NOT OKAY" just like other 9s, i go through it much more quickly. So i end up acting NOT like a 9.

But again, it is 9s who don't act like 9s, says the Enneagram Institute. So why not?

Enneagram Institute said:
We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it...However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity. Ironically, therefore, the only type the Nine is not like is the Nine itself. Being a separate self, an individual who must assert herself against others, is terrifying to Nines.
Does that ring true to you?

Thanks for reading all this and helping me ^-^

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
What about 3w2?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't remember which test. I don't relate very strongly to any of the cognitive function descriptions or type descriptions. Maybe that's just my 9ish lack of identity. But it makes my eyes glaze over.
Maybe it's the lack of identity, or maybe it's just not your thing :tongue:

MBTI/Jung is more of the way you prefer to think imo. Enneagram is much deeper in terms of actual personality and character, so i guess they can be used for different purposes, if you use them in different ways. However, i dislike how the MBTI is way too closed off - they say you can only learn to be good at 4 functions, which is completely untrue, judging by some actual humans i know.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Yes, i am proud, but not in the 2 way. I try not to be proud, in fact.
Don't know what your type is, but I don't think this sounds anti-2 at least.

Of course, it depends on why.

My thinking is, if you ever think you are a 9, you're probably a 9. Other types don't seem to see themselves in 9.
I've also heard "if you don't think you're a 9 (or can't relate to it), then you're probably a 9 (who just isn't self-aware enough)" so that way you can easily argue for anyone being a type.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What about 3w2?
I'm not sure. I honestly haven't achieved nearly as much as my friends - no piano awards, no sports trophies, no nothing - and i don't really care either. Sometimes, i worry about image and competence, but it's not the most important thing. Idk what's the most important thing - but right now, it's to not choke on this piece of popcorn i'm eating. Ah, there we go. That was close XD but it's hard to tell, especially when i'm going through puberty :rolleyes:

What made you think of 3w2, though? Curious :happy:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't know what your type is, but I don't think this sounds anti-2 at least.

Of course, it depends on why.
Hmm, good question. I think it might've started a few years ago, when i met a proud person who ruined my friendships (long story), and i decided to become NOT like that. That didn't turn out so well.

But that's not the case anymore. Now, it's more like...it's almost an instinct, to repress any sense of pride i feel. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because i feel like it's a sin to be proud. Maybe it's because when i felt proud in the past, i isolated myself from others way too much, and that caused turbulence in my relationships with everyone - i couldn't stop comparing myself to others, and that was a condescending/arrogant approach as well as detrimental. Maybe it's because when i displayed my pride as a kid, my parents shot me down from the clouds and told me that being proud will lead to a bad outcome. It scared me, hurt me, and hurt others. I guess my instinct is there to protect myself and others from facing that again.

Yeah, i wouldn't say it's against 2, but i put that in the list because this trait/instinct is hard to put under any type. It removes certainty from my belief that i was 2, but it adds no certainty to any type.

Thanks for bringing that up, that's an interesting thought :)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Yeah, im only 13, and i can see what you mean. Although i think i may as well have been forming lies about myself and believing them ever since i was 3...it's like i always experimented with different types or cognitive functions or whatever, but couldn't settle down on one.
You seem very precocious.

I'm going to tell you my theory of the enneagram, because I think you might get it. No grown-ups have really seemed to get it. I think it's because their thinking is too rigid.

There are three centers: thinking/head, feeling/heart, and instinct/body. This is because you can kind of think with your head, think with your heart, or think with your body. You can only think with one at a time, so you have to choose.

Within each center, there are two opposite postures. You can think of them as "with" and "against."

That gives you six different types. Here they are, along with the corresponding deadly sin from the 7 deadly sins:

Body/with -- 8 -- lust
Body/against -- 1 -- anger

Heart/with -- 2 -- pride
Heart/against -- 4 -- envy

Head/with -- 5 -- avarice (greed)
Head/against -- 7 -- gluttony

These are not just types, they are ways of thinking (like the functions in the MBTI, I guess). I also think of them as head-spaces, or like places in your mind.

You are always at one of these places, and you can hop around, but you can't be in two at once.

Some people pick one of these places and plop down and live there. They always act preferentially from this one place, and this is the basis of their strategy toward life.

Some other people never choose a single place. They see the benefits in more than one strategy and so they try to be smart and use more than one. There are three ways to do this:

Body/both -- 9

Heart/both -- 3

Head/both -- 6

(These correspond to the types on the triangle. I call them triangle types.)

That means that 9s--for instance--use both 8 and 1. Sometimes 8, sometimes 1. Whichever seems best at the time. They can see the pros and cons of being aggressive (8) and also of being proper (1). They're aggressive sometimes and proper other times.

The other part of the triangle types is that they can leave their home centers and visit the other centers. When 9s leave the body center, they withdraw into either their heads/thinking (5) or their hearts/feeling (4). They do this because they sort of get fed up with their home center dilemmas and they want to escape. Triangle types always escape to the opposite end of the circle.

So that means that each triangle type has four component types. For 9, the component types are 8, 1, 4, and 5. 9s are always jumping between these four basic types, so there's no such thing as "acting like 9" in reality. 9s are always acting like either 8, 1, 4, or 5. *(Except when they go to the stress/disintegration point or the security/integration point -- that's a whole different story)

That's it. I'll point out how it works:

In first grade, i was extremely obsessed with proving to my parents that i was special and that i could excel, so i put all my effort into studying hard to get "first place". I also wanted others to see me as the best. Oh, and i wanted to be pretty. That's 3 behaviour :p
That could be your security point (3). I've seen some theory about how as kids we start at our security points before we get pushed to our main types. I think that's the soul child.

In second grade, i wanted to change things in my environment, make everything right. I always got annoyed when others broke rules, because it was not right, and i was the only one following the rules, so that was not FAIR. That's me being a 1.
Yep. That's 1.

In third grade, i wanted to be unique, special, different, and loved. I tried being different at everything, only to end up exiled from society. And then i got very sad, and really pitied myself as the "victim" of a story. 4, for sure.
Yep, sounds like 4.

In fourth grade, i had mixed loyalties and wanted to tie myself to something, wanted to belong. I did all sorts of controversial things - enforcing rules, then breaking them; getting offended, then offending people, etc. I was insecure about myself - type 6.
That sounds like it could be 8. 8s break rules and offend people. They also like to make rules and force other people to follow them. It's all about throwing your weight around and showing who's boss.

You could also have been stressing to 6, but I think what this feels like is intense anxiety and feeling like you're going to fall apart.

In fifth grade, my best friend moved away, and i was ripped from the person i attached myself to in order to belong. (The only thing i'm sure about is my Sexual>Social variant.) So i tried being nice to everyone and making them feel special, to feel worthy again - 2.
That also could have been stressing to 6, which would mean you were driven by anxiety.

In sixth grade...oh, my, that one was messed up. My self-esteem was still down, so i took an online IQ test, believed it, and retreated into my own mind, trying to master "intelligence" to not lose my "rare gifts of the mind" and myself. But that's exactly what i did - lose myself. Type 5 behaviour.
Exactly -- 5.

In seventh grade - i got obsessed with soccer/football, and dedicated myself entirely to being a good fan. That seemed to be a mix of 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Honestly, i can't pick a type for this.
I'm not sure, either. Maybe your security point, 3.

Now, in eighth grade, i have finally learned that wanting to be special doesn't work. Everybody is special, and i am no different. But i am also more messed up than ever.
That's also a 4ish sentiment. 4s feel like there's something wrong with them and their life is a tragedy.

Whoa, you just read my mind there. I'm always aware of the good/bad in anything, and i really can't seem to settle down on just one, like i said above. Maybe i don't want to pick one - it does seem constraining, yeah. But everyone falls under their one type, plus the rest of their tritype, so i can't just say i'm the "special one" with no type...ugh this is frustrating :laughing:

I've tried self-restraint, and it didn't work. Now, i think i'm trying to express myself, but with little success. It's like i live in a much faster rhythm than other 9s - i say "it's okay, everything's fine" to every single little thing, and i deal with it quickly, so even if i had a ratio of 10:1 in "it's okay:NO ITS NOT OKAY" just like other 9s, i go through it much more quickly. So i end up acting NOT like a 9.
This is just the hopping around thing. 9s are always caught between restraint (1), aggression (8), and withdrawal (4,5). Non-triangle types pick an identity and stick with it. Triangle types change continually. If you have friends that are 3s, you'll see them pick one identity, like skater, musician, whatever -- and then later they'll change. 9s just never pick anything.

But again, it is 9s who don't act like 9s, says the Enneagram Institute. So why not?
Because 9 is made up of other types.

Does that ring true to you?

Thanks for reading all this and helping me ^-^

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Hmm, good question. I think it might've started a few years ago, when i met a proud person who ruined my friendships (long story), and i decided to become NOT like that. That didn't turn out so well.

But that's not the case anymore. Now, it's more like...it's almost an instinct, to repress any sense of pride i feel. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because i feel like it's a sin to be proud.
That's the 1 side of your personality...

Maybe it's because when i felt proud in the past, i isolated myself from others way too much, and that caused turbulence in my relationships with everyone - i couldn't stop comparing myself to others, and that was a condescending/arrogant approach as well as detrimental. Maybe it's because when i displayed my pride as a kid, my parents shot me down from the clouds and told me that being proud will lead to a bad outcome. It scared me, hurt me, and hurt others. I guess my instinct is there to protect myself and others from facing that again.
Wanting to protect other people is 8.

Yeah, i wouldn't say it's against 2, but i put that in the list because this trait/instinct is hard to put under any type. It removes certainty from my belief that i was 2, but it adds no certainty to any type.

Thanks for bringing that up, that's an interesting thought :)
The other thing is the connection to 4, which is the opposite of pride.

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
I'm not sure. I honestly haven't achieved nearly as much as my friends - no piano awards, no sports trophies, no nothing - and i don't really care either. Sometimes, i worry about image and competence, but it's not the most important thing. Idk what's the most important thing - but right now, it's to not choke on this piece of popcorn i'm eating. Ah, there we go. That was close XD but it's hard to tell, especially when i'm going through puberty :rolleyes:

What made you think of 3w2, though? Curious :happy:
Here are some reasons:

• You create personas for dealing with different people. (3)
  • Identity struggles. (3)
  • You are diplomatic. (3w2)
  • You relate to people very well. (3w2)
  • You are logical and organized (your VM's are among the easiest for me to read). (3)
  • You are competent. (3)
  • This sounds simplistic, but I don't see 1,2,4,5,7,9 in you.
  • I do see 8 and some 6.

This description of the 368 tritype is from madhatter:

368 – The Justice Fighter and is a Debater Archetype

I was asked the differences between the 361, the 368 and the 369 tritypes. Since the question is which gut type is dominant. At a glance, it is most helpful to look at activity levels. The 361 is very industrious and busy doing to avoid anxiety, the 1 brings a need to do what is morally correct. The 368 is focused on fighting for justice, the 8 brings a need to overcome and prevail. The 369 is highly adaptable and focused on being in comfortable alignment with others.

The sx 683 is a very dynamic 6. This tritype has consistently reported being predominantly counter-phobic. A true fighter this tritype goes the distance for others. This tritype with 6 dominant is very loyal, feisty and achievement oriented.

(3)-6-8 - The Reactive 3
3-(6)-8 - The Aggressive 6
3-6-(8) - The Normative 8

Characterized by confrontation. Immovably disagreeable. They stay firm in their direction and beliefs and won't let anyone but themselves change that.

For some, it depends what type you put first. For example :
6-83 : Debator
8-63 : Justice fighter
3-68 : Some sort of image concious justice preacher

368, 683, 836 - The Justice Fighter - Verbally adept and a good reader of people and situations, you have the ability to identify unjust authority, rebel against tyranny and verbally spar against it. Your life mission is to challenge what is unfair and protect the innocent. A true justice fighter, you are happiest when you can use your protective energy and debating skills in service of others or a cause. Your blind spot is that you can be so identified with challenging what you perceive as unfair that you become overbearing, confrontational, anti-authoritarian, and indifferent to the wisdom of emotional intelligence and your tender emotions. Your growing edge is to recognize that your need to challenge and oppose can keep you from knowing who you are or what you feel. True protection comes from being in alignment with your higher self and knowing when to intervene and when to allow events to unfold.

eight with a three fix: the notably success oriented, prominence seeking eight. utilizes
image and manipulation to advance their career or enterprise.
business achievement can lead to political aspirations.

If you examine this by tritype, you will find that we identify with this definition in a specific way. For example, as a sexual 874, I like to do my thing and execute what interests me and will push myself for my intimates... but I do not like to prepare and perform. The 873 would feel more comfortable performing, the 863 preparing and so on.

Direct and focused 6. This 6 can appear 3ish or 8ish. This is the Justice Fighter, 6. The 6s are good achievers and debaters. They are the most confrontational 6. They are usually the CP6 and make good Trial Attorneys.
The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, weakness, being controlled, disempowered, humiliated, vulnarable, at the mercy of injustice, failure, being incapable or unable to do, inefficient, second best, and unmasked.

The 368 is very dynamic. This is the toughest fighter on the Enneagram. They focus on justice and are quick to react and seek the advantage in the service of justice. The 6 with this tritype identifies with type 8 and is counter-phobic.

The 846 is one of the most confrontational tritypes. The other is the 836. The 6 amplifies the 8 need for loyalty and trust.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts