Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A test, yeah, that pretty much sums up this for me. A little experiment to see if this site would be worth my time. . . and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Hi, name's VolantEntropy; break that title of mine down and you've got a pretty rough idea who I am:

"Volant" - vo·lant, [voh-luhnt], adjective
1. engaged in or having the power of flight.
2. moving lightly; nimble.
So working off of that, first and foremost, let me tell you that I'm a pilot who absolutely loves to fly. I have been for a few years now and it is without a doubt one of the key defining factors of my life; I would never choose any path for myself that would take my power of flight away from me. I'm also pretty big into parkour and rock climbing for activities I enjoy partaking in during my spare time (though I have rather little of that during a semester).

"Entropy" - en·tro·py, [en-truh-pee], noun
1.Thermodynamics .
a. (on a macroscopic scale) a function of thermodynamic variables, as temperature, pressure, or composition, that is a measure of the energy that is not available for work during a thermodynamic process. A closed system evolves toward a state of maximum entropy.
b. (in statistical mechanics) a measure of the randomness of the microscopic constituents of a thermodynamic system. Symbol: S
2. (in data transmission and information theory) a measure of the loss of information in a transmitted signal or message.
3. (in cosmology) a hypothetical tendency for the universe to attain a state of maximum homogeneity in which all matter is at a uniform temperature (heat death).
4. a doctrine of inevitable social decline and degeneration.
From that know that I'm an engineering student with a passion for the topic and learning about it. I have (as of summer '12) about another 2 years left before I receive my bachelors in mechanical engineering, after which I have plans to seek out a graduate degree. The term "entropy" is one that I've come across many times in my studies, and it turns out to be a mechanical engineer's biggest enemies. As such I greatly admire and respect it as that which I have to design against, my career's antagonist, in all of its definitions, inspires me to become better. Seriously, even the overly-analytic, logical part of my psyche can't help but wonder at the magnificent state of unavoidable chaos you see within all nature.

Going over any more about myself would take up a large amount of my time, be boring, and maybe even turn this into one of those "tl;rd" posts, so let me just get onto why I'm here:

I've been doing a lot of self-reflection these past several months, but unfortunately little self-discovery has come out of it; so much so that it has gotten in the way of my studies. Questions about my life, the universe, and everything have continuously been running through my head, and it seems the answer "42" just doesn't seem to cut in anymore. So, in search of what has been bothering me I came across the fact that I was an "ENTP" in every sense of the word. I have more of a sense now of who I am than I did before I started this whole quest, but all of my questions have not been answered quite yet.

I came across this site and, from what I have gathered: you seem to ask good questions, you seem entertaining, and, most importantly for me, you seem to have (or are looking for) a sense of understanding of who you are within the world around you.

As such I am determined to test this site and all of its users to see what you all have gathered about yourselves, how you have gathered it, and how I can bring your methods of discovery into my understanding of myself as well.

Looking forward to learning with you all,
~VolantEntropy~

·
Registered
23 Posts
My entire life is an experiment my man so I welcome a fellow ENTP with similar goals to the site. This site seems to be a 'you get what you put in' kind of a deal so...

let the fun begin ;)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
This is a test. This is only a test.

Already a tl;dr situation for me.
But in any case, welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts