Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken a closer look at Marilyn Monroe, specifically pictures and an on-screen interview, and think she might be INTJ. She looks very similar to Charlie Chaplin, another INTJ. What do you guys think? Thank you.

Marilyn Monroe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These sources help me determine her to be INTJ:

Marilyn-marilyn-monroe-979536_1025_768.jpg
425px-Marilyn_Monroe_-_publicity_-_necklace.JPG
fbi-investigated-marilyn-monroe-s-ties-to-communist-before-her-death.jpg

it is important to note that INTJ are not robots, and many do become famous actors and performers.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I want to debate whether she was ISFP or INFP?

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
Marilyn was horribly insecure, pervasively insecure, tried to use man after man and the public limelight to boost her own self-confidence, motivating much of what she did, and she's also probably one of the most widely known and written-about women in Western culture.. as portrayed, pretty much the opposite of the INTJ woman who is typically very self-controlled, focused, intellectual vs sensory/emotional, very independent and self-reliant and who probably would be very annoyed with a woman like Marilyn if she had to actually interact with her.

You should really rethink this.

Unless they're a serial killer. Then they're INTP.
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

... gotta go, I'm late again for my next victim. Dammit, ALWAYS LATE! Sigh.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
@Jennywocky

Marilyn may have been neurotic but people who knew Marilyn personally described her as being intelligent and thoughtful. She also seemed very idealistic with the beliefs she held. She began to hate the way people assumed she was a 'ditzy blonde' which explains part of her depression. Marilyn was in a time where a lot of women didn't have a lot of the independence and self-control a woman could have know over her image. Marilyn was heavily stereotyped which I think drove her a little over the edge. She hasn't had it very easy with her life.

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
Marilyn may have been neurotic but people who knew Marilyn personally described her as being intelligent and thoughtful. She also seemed very idealistic with the beliefs she held. She began to hate the way people assumed she was a 'ditzy blonde' which explains part of her depression. Marilyn was in a time where a lot of women didn't have a lot of the independence and self-control a woman could have know over her image. Marilyn was heavily stereotyped which I think drove her a little over the edge. She hasn't had it very easy with her life.
Yes, that's all part of Marilyn as well, but it doesn't make her any more INTJ than what I said. There are far better choices that mesh with that than INTJ... not just because of the types of issues she struggled with but how she channeled the resources (including intelligence) that she possessed.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
^
Personally I am almost sure she is Fi-dom. I kind of want to say INFP but where would one see the Ne?

·
Registered
433 Posts
@Sparky so are you judging her to be an INTJ based off her physical appearance only? It sounds like you are saying she looks like another INTJ type so she must be an INTJ as well. I don't relate to her at all, I am not sure what her type is but I don't think it is INTJ.

In order to correctly type someone you should probably pay attention to what they say instead of looking at pictures. Just saying..

Reactions: Aquamarine

·
Registered
642 Posts
I watched the interview and kept an open mind. Nothing she said was remotely abstract or idea-related. Instead she focused on the details. When Ns are interviewed, they tend to take off on tangents from the questions and focus on the big picture. While she may have been an intelligent and thoughtful person, I don't see anything N-related about it.

I agree with those who said she's an ISFP. She internalised the questions on an emotional level. You could see her struggling to admit how she felt about being typecast. A thinker would have been less struck by the question and more blunt/comedic about the answer.

·
Banned
465 Posts
Charlie Chaplin was an INFJ, not an INTJ. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was an NF of some kind at least.

·
Banned
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Sparky so are you judging her to be an INTJ based off her physical appearance only? It sounds like you are saying she looks like another INTJ type so she must be an INTJ as well. I don't relate to her at all, I am not sure what her type is but I don't think it is INTJ.

In order to correctly type someone you should probably pay attention to what they say instead of looking at pictures. Just saying..
People have different ways of typing. I tend to be a visual person, so prefer typing by watching for certain looks and movements. Others might prefer listening or reading, so they get a vibe for a personality type through hearing a voice, or reading a piece of writing. Still others might go by some inner feeling, or dissect things individually in detail. It is to each their own.

Even though I started with seeing how someone acts or appears, the associations with voice allows me to better type people by listening as well. This is more like listening to tone, instead of paying attention to specific words or phrases. I am worse with paying attention to details, especially when it comes to listening, and being more of a visual person (maybe having stronger Ni has something to do with it as well). The combination of seeing and hearing allows for easier typing.

Charlie Chaplin was an INFJ, not an INTJ. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was an NF of some kind at least.
Charlie Chaplin is more driven by inner values and ideals, who does not care about being perceived as weird or different. It is primarily Ni, with Te-Fi, for Chaplin.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts