Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear engaging, wonderful, amazing, ENFPs,

I'm shocked to find out, on a MBTI in 1986, I was an ENFJ. I thought I was always an ENFP, so I looked up the descritpion of ENFJ and amazingingly, I did fit that type to a 'T' at that time and for many years after. But I was responsible for everything and everyone, and as the 'oldest girl' living according to my family's conditioning and expectations.

What I've noticed, is, as I have moved into my ENFPness, I have become a truly happy person, though maybe a little more self absorbed as I try to understand all this. I want to enjoy life, even if it means letting others down sometimes, something I 'bent over backward' to avoid when I was younger.

I now think of myself as a middle child. I always had two older brothers, and four younger brothers and sisters, but my mom always called me the oldest girl. That was her version of me, the responsible, caring, self sacrificing, must never set a bad example, oldest girl and I lived up to it. However, I felt she loved me conditionally.

Real Me is an intuitive, fun-loving, forward thinking, extremely sensual, bouncy ENFP who deeply loves and deeply wants to know the ones I love, but who will not sacrifice her real self to keep someone else happy. It's so ironic that my mom and I became very close years ago and she was proudest of me, when I started becoming Real Me. She could see me fighting to be Me and she really admired that. She was an amazing woman and I was fortunate to inherit her vivacious enthusiasm for life.

A lot of you are quite a bit younger and I'm delighted to see you trying to figure out who you Really Are too. Love, Lilsnowy

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks Lilsnowy. Lots of love right back atcha.

I had some trouble typing myself too initially. I was originally scoring as an INFP, but, while the descriptions of that type fit me pretty well, there is no doubt that I get my energy from interacting with people. That's not to say I was always in a position where I could interact with others, and perhaps that's what threw my initial estimates off. Still, I feel like I'll always have an understanding of my INFP functions.

Then you guys introduced me to the Enneagram.... Oi. So far I've scored 9, 9w1, 2, and 2w3. I'm leaning towards 9, but the description doesn't quite do it for me. Can you be a 9w2?

So yeah, who I Really Am is always going to be a bit of a hybrid in these tests I think. Oh well, it's not like who you Really Are has to be straightforward, cut-and-dry.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think there are infinite variations on all types. Type 9 is a wonderful type, but within that, there is a 'weakness' of not being true to yourself for harmony. Being aware can really help us to grow. Sometimes we enbrace our qualities, sometimes not. I love finding out about qualities that are not typical.

Reactions: Grey
1 - 3 of 3 Posts