Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AKA Wata Mote

Protagonist: 4w5-5w6-1w9, INFJ, SOC/SX/SP, in my humble opinion.

What do you think? Look it up, check her out. She's an example of the typical 4 not necessarily being all insightful and mystic like a stereotypical 4 in descriptions might. She's interested in being popular. Did I mention this anime kicks a$$? No? I relate to the vanity.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oh my gosh! I actually watched this one! Well, only two episodes or so... lol. I got a bit sidetracked.

I don't really know if she's a four, though. She doesn't seem all that interested in being unique on the surface. Well, I think that maybe she IS an image type, though... Since she's so obsessed with being popular. But then again... in her, um, interesting situation, anyone would want friends, right?
I think maybe she's an N? That's the only thing I'm even remotely sure about. She may not even be an introvert, even though it seems obvious that she is. I dunno.

Gosh, she's hard to type xD She's pretty weird... And I haven't watched too much of this anime.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my gosh! I actually watched this one! Well, only two episodes or so... lol. I got a bit sidetracked.

I don't really know if she's a four, though. She doesn't seem all that interested in being unique on the surface. Well, I think that maybe she IS an image type, though... Since she's so obsessed with being popular. But then again... in her, um, interesting situation, anyone would want friends, right?
I think maybe she's an N? That's the only thing I'm even remotely sure about. She may not even be an introvert, even though it seems obvious that she is. I dunno.

Gosh, she's hard to type xD She's pretty weird... And I haven't watched too much of this anime.
I just...love this anime's similarity to me! SOC 4s should be watching this show. I'm just biased, but if you'd enjoyed it, reconvene!

I say 4 because she exhibits how 4s want to equal or exceed the values of general people. They often can fail to emulate human expectations, and end up enviously defying them instead (while still trying to emulate them).

"I am unique" translates to "I'm insecure about failing to compare, so I'll project that everyone praising that particular attribute is 'common' while I'm special/misunderstood/underestimated/aware..."

Her lauding of status and cursing those that have it, while she doesn't, is very 4. We want to be praised, and envy when we aren't, causing a bounce between defiance and conformity. The 4 is an ego type, and it's consuming the protagonist.

Concerning her thoughts and ideas, she's fussy (suggests J), oriented towards how her thoughts function apart from her surroundings (suggests I), doesn't rely on singular ideas, but on how ideas connect to make new ideas (suggests N), and she observes people's interactions through their group support methods (suggests F). Hope that cleared up my perspective!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just...love this anime's similarity to me! SOC 4s should be watching this show. I'm just biased, but if you'd enjoyed it, reconvene!

I say 4 because she exhibits how 4s want to equal or exceed the values of general people. They often can fail to emulate human expectations, and end up enviously defying them instead (while still trying to emulate them).

"I am unique" translates to "I'm insecure about failing to compare, so I'll project that everyone praising that particular attribute is 'common' while I'm special/misunderstood/underestimated/aware..."

Her lauding of status and cursing those that have it, while she doesn't, is very 4. We want to be praised, and envy when we aren't, causing a bounce between defiance and conformity. The 4 is an ego type, and it's consuming the protagonist.

Concerning her thoughts and ideas, she's fussy (suggests J), oriented towards how her thoughts function apart from her surroundings (suggests I), doesn't rely on singular ideas, but on how ideas connect to make new ideas (suggests N), and she observes people's interactions through their group support methods (suggests F). Hope that cleared up my perspective!
Yes, that's very reasonable, actually. Have you considered her cognitive functions? I'll watch up on this anime so I can more accurately assess her MBTI/enneagram type- of course, when I don't have loads of homework to finish :dry:

And sadly, I relate to this anime, also. I only realized it as I started high school, though. I'm not as bad as she is with social situations, but I'm still pretty pitiable... Anyway, she's probably pretty unhealthy, right? She was caught up in this delusion that she was popular, even though it wasn't true at all. And she's always passing girls and people and thinking things like, "Well, they're not like me, I'm so much more [insert quality here] than them."

I can see the fourness in her more clearly now, haha xD Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I would say she's (in no particular order) Ni because she locks onto ideas, instead of jumping to many different ones. All her ideas lead back to the main idea, being popular/admired/liked/loved and so on. And I'd say she's Fe because she's sensitive to and aware of social cues, signals and group dynamics. And I'd say she's Ti because of how subjective and personal her abilities to resonate are. The games, movies and other media she consumes is what gives her the ideas she has, and together with Se this would provide her with a sensitivity to how an image and identity is constructed. And this leads back to her Fe and Ni.

I just started watching this show after seeing this thread because I stumbled across an article about the show on Encyclopedia Dramatica (don't go to that website unless you're prepared). I would say she's definitely a 4. Remember that this still is a comedy-driven anime and in that regard it's not totally serious, and so the character isn't as advanced, making it a stretch to give her any personality type at all. But 4 is the closest we come, considering the fact that she's socially inept. :p

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that's very reasonable, actually. Have you considered her cognitive functions? I'll watch up on this anime so I can more accurately assess her MBTI/enneagram type- of course, when I don't have loads of homework to finish :dry:

And sadly, I relate to this anime, also. I only realized it as I started high school, though. I'm not as bad as she is with social situations, but I'm still pretty pitiable... Anyway, she's probably pretty unhealthy, right? She was caught up in this delusion that she was popular, even though it wasn't true at all. And she's always passing girls and people and thinking things like, "Well, they're not like me, I'm so much more [insert quality here] than them."

I can see the fourness in her more clearly now, haha xD Thanks for clarifying.
INFJ, all the way, for the win, for those reasons described in the last paragraph of my last reply. Ni-dom Fe-aux fits her quite well.

N and S-doms to seem to wander their minds for solidity on which to develop the ideas they receive. They're like running faucets when entranced. They're unlike F and T-doms who begin with the basis, not needing to wander. They're less liable than N/S to break something down for understanding; they'll understand first and specify later.

Ni is speedy idea meshing, but it's independent of the external world, relying on 'head' or 'psychic' energy more than physical energy (like Ne's indepth comparison of two ideas by their physical natures or designs). She fits Ni-dom Feeler to me. She'd manage a group for the people's harmony sooner than for the functional output of an idea.

Do you maybe relate to her brother? I think he's ISTP SX/SP. SX/SPs are so damn smooth, I forget their SOC is lowest. Yeah, she's a pretty dysfunctional 4. It's funny I watch and usually match her reactions scene for scene. She's in my head!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've watched that anime, I loved it too...and I do think too that she's a type 4. Although she wants to be more popular and have some friends and all, that's just normal for anyone, she does try some weird stuff but she's quite proud of her individuality and doesn't approve of the way a lot of people act, she just wants to be recognized.
:tongue:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love this series! I have read a good deal of the manga and seen a few episodes, but I still haven't continued it. I will soon enough. LMAO she's a lot like me, too, it's actually tragic and disturbing how similar we are. I don't know about her type, though, I'm not good enough at typing yet for that.

·
Registered
691 Posts
tomoko kuroki is definitely an INFP... she's not an infj at all lmao.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.