Personality Cafe banner

Watchmen :d

1510 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  campbell828793
Watchmen

Hello fellow viewers.

Okay, for some reason, a thought struck to me about discussing the graphic novel, "Watchmen". According to a lot of critics, Watchmen has become such a psychological and philosophical phenomenon. I enjoy reading the comic book very much and by far is the most unique one I've ever seen. I love the characters (to be honest, I think Laurie is a bit annoying but she is the most sensible person I've seen throughout the whole book:proud:). Rorschach for the win:crazy:

I would like to see your thoughts on this book. It may seem to be pointless discussing about a comic book, but it's okay if you think that way. Read the graphic novel then and explore! :wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews and such:proud:
Reactions: Angel1412kaitou
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
The GN is fantastic and got me into comics in a serious way, and the movie was as good as it will ever be despite a few nagging complaints. I understand removing the Squid, because a giant Squid would not scare audiences anymore nowadays.

But to be honest, not to say it isn't groundbreaking or to weaken it's impact, I've read better comics lately. I mean it's my opinion and I'm not going to thrust it on others, since it'd be like comparing Star Trek: The Motion Picture to Star Trek (2009).
Reactions: Miasmatic Domino
Yes it does revolve around it. And yes I know it was more than a squid. The fact remains that for those who have never read the novel the shock of alien life wouldn't be as impactful. Our culture has alien movies up the ass to the point where it's become a tradition of "Which alien movie will be the best this year?" The audience would see the life-form and go ".....Well then.....What?" Like, I know if a giant monster spontaneously blew up NY now, we'd find some excuse to blow up Iraq for it....Instead they made it look like a man who can literally be anywhere at any point in time and space. In our time, that is a lot more realistic.
Reactions: Miasmatic Domino
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.