Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you ever had a phone call or text from someone under the pretence that your friends but you just didn't want to hang out with them? What do you do, do you suck it up and chill, make excuse, or just be straight up and say no?

Also cause i think it would be fun, any other excuses like school, work, cops, ect.

The other day an old aquatence txted me and wanted to hand out and i was feeling witty at the time and told him i couldn't chill cause i had to take my cat to the vet.:tongue: He bought it, don't worry my cat was fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Normally, I just ignore it. Then, a day later, I text them back apologizing for not answering them as my phone was 'dead.'

·
Registered
109 Posts
I find it almost impossible to say no when people invite me to do things with them...even to the point that i feel bad if i have to say no because i already have plans with someone else! If i am not busy and a friend asks to hang out i pretty much always say yes. I realise this is a bit silly, but when i was a kid my dad told me "if you keep saying no when people invite your to do things they will stop asking". I think this statement combined with the fact that i don't make new friends really easily makes me feel uncomfortable declining invitations.

The one saving grace is that i like my friends, i am not the kind of person that has lots of acquaintances texting me to hang out, so it's not like i feel like i am wasting my time, i usually do end up having a nice time with these people. Also, i don't feel bad declining invitations to group things if i don't feel like anyone is particularly counting on my being there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I try desperately to get out of situations like that. After spending half an hour freaking out I start to consider breaking an arm to get out of it. Once it gets that far I realize how irrational I'm being and ether suck it up and go or make up a last minutes exuse like "I had to mow my grandma's lawn" or something like that.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
When I was younger, I would generally either go out of fear of upsetting my friends, or make up an excuse to get out of it. Now I am much more inclined to simply decline the offer, unless the event is terribly important to my friend. If it involves a wedding, or some other showy, long-winded affair, I will automatically decline. And I return the favor by not inviting anyone to weddings or other showy, long-winded affairs.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I pretty much never answer phone calls and if someone texts me to hang out and I don't want to, I just don't text back. If I do have to talk to them I just say I have uni work/assignments to do.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I'd probably hang out with them anyway. I'm a 9. *shrug* For the sake of harmony n all that. Besides, I choose my friends wisely, so it's rare that I don't want to hang out with them. I'm very introverted. My friends are the only people I ever bother to hang out with outside of work. :eek:P

But yeah, I'll usually hang out with friends even when I don't feel like it because I'm a 9 and feel that I should for the greater good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I usually tell them directly that I don't want to go. It's pretty simple, actually.
Yes I think that's the best approach, its just honesty and if they were to do the same their would be less misconceptions. However often fail to apply it...

Reactions: Alaya

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I like fewer close friends better than many. For me I find the ones that can tolerate me lol, if they can do that then i know their a friend. Not to say I'm anointing, but in large groups a bit of a social ar-tard, most don't get it but when they do, they seem to have more understanding which i like.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
If I don't want to see them then I'll generally just say "I haven't the money, sorry." Which is generally true... #studentlifeisexpensive

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"I half to help my friend clean his gurage"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts