Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I like to post on INFP forum because many INFP's are such understanding people :crazy:)

My words on improving one's self esteem:

No need to seek validation from other people on everything that you do all the time. Surely your life is not constantly defined by what other people think and you can accept yourself the way you are.

I give up being overly needy on other people, although I know no person is an island. I want to be my own person without anyone over determining my own treasured worth for me.

Also, another way to improve your self confidence, don't feel ashamed about a direction you're passionate and sincere about in your life, just because you're afraid of what others may think, as long as that direction can help you in terms of emotional, intellectual or creative growth.

I love to study religion related political ideologies and also personal politically complex opinions of people (at qualitative level), it is just a passion my heart likes and it doesn't matter if some people find my zeal or my views ridiculous.

Another one, do not absorb the negative energies of negative people.

Would write more, but I need to rest a bit heh.

·
Registered
393 Posts
(I like to post on INFP forum because many INFP's are such understanding people :crazy:)

No need to seek validation from other people on everything that you do all the time. Surely your life is not constantly defined by what other people think and you can accept yourself the way you are.

I give up being overly needy on other people, although I know no person is an island. I want to be my own person without anyone over determining my own treasured worth for me.

Also, another way to improve your self confidence, don't feel ashamed about a direction you're passionate and sincere about in your life, just because you're afraid of what others may think, as long as that direction can help you in terms of emotional, intellectual or creative growth.

I love to study religion related political ideologies and also personal politically complex opinions of people (at qualitative level), it is just a passion my heart likes and it doesn't matter if some people find my zeal or my views ridiculous.

Nice post,

I'd like to add also that Controlled breathing meditations like Yoga is good.
For muslims (like myself), doing 5 time daily prayer has almost similar effects to yoga

Another good exercise would be Tai Chi Chuan. It controls your mind and inner "chi"

·
Registered
95 Posts
my recommendation: volunteer work.

Helping others reminds you that you have some value. A lot of value. And that you've made someone else's day a little better.

Also, try to make it a goal every day to do at least one kind thing to someone else. A random compliment to a coworker. Letting someone cut in when you're driving. Sending a random card to an old friend.

Focus less on yourself and more on others and you'll feel better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like to remind myself: You can never skip steps. Ignorance cannot be compensated for. Knowledge was only ever obtained through mistakes and dead-ends explored thoroughly.

There may be many things you suspect of yourself. They may be true, they may not be, but if they are yours, then that is good enough. For you can never skip steps, Luke, and ignorance cannot be compensated for. Take your time. Your life is your own. Live it, enjoying it for the development it is. Because you could never be spared that journey, in particular, the NEED for that journey. You are here on this Earth because you DO NOT KNOW. And it is ok. It is ok to not know. There is no shame in needing a story for yourself. For you can never skip steps. The only way to learn is the old-fashioned dirty way. Do not be frightened by the dirt, but get yourself dirty as a child does. You may roll your eyes at that perky train-wreck of a hero dashing off on any impulse into quagmire and peril, but you wait, wander, and you will find him coming out ahead who had the courage to face those challenges without the pretentiousness to think he could side-step everything. Grace cannot come by feigning. Ignorance cannot be compensated for. You can never skip steps ...

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
:) thx izzie i really needed a few pointes on this! ;3 i will keep what u wrote in mind. The not seeking validation from other people part is working for me already. Got me some extravertion points back with that one ^^.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Thanks. It's good to know others are struggling with the same things I'm struggling with. Good advice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts