Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep,it's me again! :proud:
This time trying to decide between aux Si and Ni!

Just ask me whatever you need to know

And @hoopla,I wanna hear your thoughts,since you were the one who made me consider ESFJ again
Also @alittlebear,what do you find so weird about me being an ESFJ?
I know,what's NOT weird about me being an ESFJ?:laughing:
But quite a few people suggested it,so I guess it's not too crazy :unsure:

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
I watched the Unfriended movie and your picture is like the same as the dead girl ghost thing and it scared me. Like in a creepy way. Idk about your type but remember that with Ni comes Se and with Si comes Ne. So you two sets of two to choose from.

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally didn't wanna sleep tonight anyway

I get it,but it's still difficult :/
Some things seem very Se but I'm also quite aware of my body,I can't imagine anyone being unaware of how things are physically affecting them
Could you explain Si to me?You used to type as INFP before so you probably know enough about all kinds of Si

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Si users are the types that come up with this.

I know her. She's an ISTJ. She can be cleaning her kitchen, glance up, see a costume on an extra in the background of some random costume drama and know immediately where she has seen that outfit before.*

That's kind of like how my Si works, too. Where have I seen that face before? Heard that voice? My mind flips through a ton of filed-away digital mental images and bang -- oh, he was so and so on that miniseries from 2007. Gotcha. It's like a ... automatic sensory recording system that creates image recall in my mind.

* I've submitted to that website. Many times. I can't help noticing if one of Anne Boleyn's ladies in waiting is wearing a garment from The Borgias, now can I? =P

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I know her. She's an ISTJ. She can be cleaning her kitchen, glance up, see a costume on an extra in the background of some random costume drama and know immediately where she has seen that outfit before.*

That's kind of like how my Si works, too. Where have I seen that face before? Heard that voice? My mind flips through a ton of filed-away digital mental images and bang -- oh, he was so and so on that miniseries from 2007. Gotcha. It's like a ... automatic sensory recording system that creates image recall in my mind.

* I've submitted to that website. Many times. I can't help noticing if one of Anne Boleyn's ladies in waiting is wearing a garment from The Borgias, now can I? =P
Yeah,no way I'd come up with that.I forget quickly,and my memory is very wrong often,things either don't leave that kind of impression on me or I imagine them "wrong",like,I remember a red dress I saw in the store but it's a different dress from the one I saw.For example sometimes I can't find things in stores because I just remembered them completely differently based on their most obvious qualities,to the point of thinking something is a top when it's actually shorts just because the color or the pattern looked "top-ish"
I get very surprised lol
Or I get convinced I saw bunch of v-neck tank tops when I actually saw one v-neck dress.What would you make of that?

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are you paying attention to, instead of your environment? Are you changing things into symbols?
I have a weird way of paying attention,I can't really wrap my head around it well enough to explain it atm but I know it's odd
I pay attention to environment but I don't really notice things,I often reduce things to their most important quality,as I somewhat explained before.And like,I mention in @alittlebear's thread,I go shopping looking for a specific thing,but I don't have details in my mind and like,it's extremely specific but at the same time complete opposite of specific because I normally have like 1 official criteria but there's so much more behind it,almost like some sort of implications that don't really make sense in reality.Like,I'm looking for "a summer dress" but OF COURSE summer dress should be yellow,OF COURSE yellow is not yellow unless it's really bright,OF COURSE it has to be short,OF COURSE it needs to have ruffles on top,etc.But "a summer dress" is all I consciously think about.Same goes for people.If someone asks me what friend should be like I'm at first confused because word "friend" obviously explains it perfectly XD
Saying "A friend should be kind,loyal,fun,etc" is the same as saying "A kind,loyal,fun person should be kind,loyal and fun"
Not sure if I explained it properly.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ESFJ? Why the hell? :D

Why would you think you're Si over Ni? I'd like to hear what you're saying and than defy those arguments ;)
The biggest thing would be not being able to separate being SFJ from being human XD
Because really,all humans are a bit SFJ-ish.It feels like such a basic type and the way aux/dom Si is described is so vague.I mean,"body awareness"?Isn't every normal person more or less aware of their body?Doesn't everyone care about physical comfort on some level?Isn't enjoying food comfort and doesn't EVERYONE enjoy food??
Anyway,I definitely think I'm more of an EIE in socionics and I remember relating to Se descriptions and finding Si weird,but @hoopla said things about Si that made some sense,I'll try to find it tomorrow

You're officially a Slytherclaw?? :eek:

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
The biggest thing would be not being able to separate being SFJ from being human XD
Because really,all humans are a bit SFJ-ish.It feels like such a basic type and the way aux/dom Si is described is so vague.I mean,"body awareness"?Isn't every normal person more or less aware of their body?Doesn't everyone care about physical comfort on some level?Isn't enjoying food comfort and doesn't EVERYONE enjoy food??
Anyway,I definitely think I'm more of an EIE in socionics and I remember relating to Se descriptions and finding Si weird,but @hoopla said things about Si that made some sense,I'll try to find it tomorrow

You're officially a Slytherclaw?? :eek:
Well, all humans are aware of themselves... Si is about storing information for future reference, I don't think you do that.

Slytherclaw??? :D I typed myself as Slytherin at first but I changes it throughout the way for some reason but then me and my friends were dicussing about it and they were all like "you're such a Slytherin." Yeah, it makes sense to just put those together haha.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I pay attention to environment but I don't really notice things,I often reduce things to their most important quality
Ni.

Let me share my shopping experience this week.

I had decided to cosplay as Margaery Tyrell (avatar) at the Ren Fair this summer, so I went shopping at various fabric stores looking for a SPECIFIC fabric for the bodice (same one as in the avatar). Midway through my search, continually coming up empty of anything that even remotely resembled the fabric, I started pulling out my Ne. I whipped out my phone, did an image search, and came up with several alternatives based on different outfits she wears in Game of Thrones. Back up, just in case.

Fortunately, I found a fabric similar enough to the original that I can still cosplay this specific outfit. But I could have switched it at any time if I hadn't found that fabric, because my Ne keeps me open to multiple choices. It's when I can't have those extra choices that I start to freak out.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Body awareness? Sometimes I zone out and forget I'm inside my body in general... I've never paid much attention to it aside from style and fashion or when I'm looking in the mirror obsessing over it, lol. I'm the person with untied shoe lace or food on my face that I'm highly unaware of until later or when I'm told. Super professional. I could argue body and mind are separate entities, so no, I don't think "body awareness" is something everyone has.

Either way, she's made many threads, and I've skimmed through them. I think she's a feeler, and a sensor. I don't get an intuitive vibe at all. She's more focused on the tangible realities of an object than it's meaning or essence.

This struck me as Fe, for example:

Personality types are like horoscope.I can relate to anything if I try hard enough.I 'change' my type all the time depending on what people said about me, how I responded to a situation, how people responded to me, etc.I also tend to act the way people expect me to act, say things people expect me to say, 'fake' a personality I'd like to have and things like that.I get lost in all that and don't know who I really am because I've haven't really been 'myself' since I was a little kid and eve then I was shy and insecure so I acted unnaturally.
So I agree with ExFJ. She's made plenty of threads, if anyone wants a look. I'd recommend this one:

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/175601-esfp-something-else.html

Personally I think she's an Si. Example:

being concerned with how things look rather than what they are inside,more about effect than cause,etc.
Comes across as more sensing than intuitive in general.

I definitely do love my comfort zone.I don't even know why would anyone WANT to get out of their comfort zone,it's called 'comfort' for a reason.
She'd rather stay with her known sensory datas than expand and absorb content.

Fe dom is on the right track... but I still lean towards ESFJ.

I don't understand how reducing an item to it's most important quality is Ni. Mind clarifying? Also @Living dead, what exactly do you mean by that? What is a most important quality? How do you determine that?

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts

Question: I don't do this at all; does Si necessarily do that or does it depend? Like, I will have this problem when watching movies, that someone will cut or dye their hair, and I won't recognize them. Or, in old movies where all the guys have the exact same facial hair, they all blur together and I end up losing track of the plot.

:/ I relate so much to Si descriptions but then I also don't. I'm a little unclear on how differently (or similarly) Ni and Si will manifest in different people.

@Living dead and I had this conversation on my thread:

Oswin (sorry, Oswin writes a lot):
-And, I think Si-Ne does make sense for me, at least according to MBTI, because:
-I am very nostalgic (I know it's not exactly Si but hear me out), to the point of madness...when I turned five, my dad told me that "I wouldn't be his little four-year-old anymore" and I remember how heartbroken I felt about that; like, I wasn't going to be four years old anymore, that was sad. It was the first time I freaked out about birthdays, but not the last)) I also always like...really wanted to be born like a hundred years ago, I've gotten over it partly but I will probably always be 'old-fashioned'.
I often have very strong sentimental associations with objects. Everything in my bedroom means something to me. And if it doesn't mean something to me, I make up a story about it so it can start meaning something to me. I keep everything. I copied out Latin declension tables? Ah, I'll want this for when I'm old and looking back on my sunny youth. Tempus fugit.

-I feel like, emotionally attached to things I see. They have this deeper meaning. It's like:

It had always seemed to Emily, ever since she could remember, that she was very, very near to a world of wonderful beauty. Between it and herself hung only a thin curtain; she could never draw the curtain aside—but sometimes, just for a moment, a wind fluttered it and then it was as if she caught a glimpse of the enchanting realm beyond—only a glimpse—and heard a note of unearthly music. This moment came rarely--went swiftly, leaving her breathless with the inexpressible delight of it. She could never recall it--never summon it--never pretend it; but the wonder of it stayed with her for days. It never came twice with the same thing. To-night the dark boughs against that far-off sky had given it. It had come with a high, wild note of wind in the night, with a shadow wave over a ripe field, with a greybird lighting on her window-sill in a storm, with the singing of "Holy, holy, holy" in church, with a glimpse of the kitchen fire when she had come home on a dark autumn night, with the spirit-like blue of ice palms on a twilit pane, with a felicitous new word when she was writing down a "description" of something. And always when the flash came to her Emily felt that life was a wonderful, mysterious thing of persistent beauty. ~LM Montgomery
-I want stability and security. I don't want to feel afloat. I don't really understand what people mean when they say they want to be free...I want to be safe.

-I love TV shows, or things like them, because it feels like they're in a world that's forever. With a movie, you meet the people, then they're gone, the story progresses and it's over...I like having this feeling like, they're in this world that stays eternal and doesn't change...right 'now' Sam and Diane are aggressively in love with one another, Barney Stinson's trying to get random girls home, Frasier and Niles are at Nervosa and Niles is pining for Daphne, Sam and Dean are on the road, ghostbusting (this is why I hat-ish post-season 5 Supernatural), etc.

-I want to learn about everything, so I can feel at home anywhere. I hate feeling like a tourist, I want it to be that no matter where I go, it feels like going home)

-I can be really indecisive

-I can make sudden decisions that ruin me

-I digress a lot in conversation

-I often go on voyages of fancy, I like to share my ideas and I feel nervous unless I see all the options on the table.
Living Dead:
I can totally relate to being old fashioned and wanting to live in past centuries,I adapt of course but in my head it's different,I try to draw parallels between what's going on atm and what it would be like in a different world.
Also that birthday thing,totally me!I will never be x again,x will never happen again,next x is in 100 years,etc.,it's very sad,especially when someone else points it out and expresses some sort of emotion about it.
And I prefer TV shows too,for the same reason.
And that tongue thing haha,I just get confused with stuff like that.I don't even appreciate having tongue sometimes tbh XD
...which prompted a discussion with @hoopla on if Living Dead used Si or Ni.

Sorry everyone for the massively long post, just thought bringing in some relevant material might help)

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
If you guys want an example of my Si:

When I was little my aunt was dating a man who was "off" to say the least. As a 6-7 year child I could not necessarily articulate or pinpoint what was creepy, but I knew something was off. I can articulate it now. Lackluster, cold, dead eyes. Fake personality, very calculated and biting but only on a surface level. It was all whimsy, "I love kids, I'm extremely religious, I watch Spongebob! Look at the wacky tie I'm wearing to my girlfriend's sister's wedding". But it had a very methodical, dark under printing behind that surface layer. A dual ended service used to mask a dark persona. But all I knew then is that he was creepy, and it made me uncomfortable.

Now I see those cold, dark, industrious eyes in an individual, and I see his face, his smile, and I throw up. They're one of the same. It's a deliberate category or system I use to judge if a person is "off". If I find another person that makes me uncomfortable or creepy, I store that behavior to use for later in case I happen to spot someone using the same characteristics. I may not even articulate why such cues are "off" until I see it in yet another person. It's a form of stereotyping, and I'm usually wary of stereotyping, but this system is rarely wrong. Someone makes me feel uncomfortable, I arch out any physical signs or indicators, and later use these characteristics in the future to my advantage. I'm aware this is often a very faulty, shoddy system, but in this case, it fucking works.

In essence, Si helps me spot sociopaths. Creepy "vibes" make me realize something is off, then I use past data to determine exactly what it is that's creepy, and then put two and two together to create a label I can use to make my judgement call.

I'm usually really unaware of my environment, unless it catches my interest. Then my processes mirror @angelcats. I do the same thing she does with voice actors, ha.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Sooo...thanks, Living Dead, now I am doubting that I am a strong Si user, even a Si user at all. :/ I don't believe I have such a cataloguing system. I get creepy vibes from people, but it's pure vibe; maybe I have more faith in my guesses if I've been right in the past, but...yeah, I really don't know. Please officially disregard anything I've said about functions or type. I'm so sorry, I want to help, but every time I turn around it's like my understanding of the functions is worse and I'm more confused. :sad:

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
@angelcat,that shopping example,I always annoy people so much with NOT seeing any sort of similarity between the exact thing I'm looking for and what I see around me,I'm pretty much blind to things I see unless they are what I'm looking for because like,if fabric is "similar" it can still have some sort of different vibe surrounding it and that annoys me and sometimes I'd actually settle on totally different fabric with similar "vibe" but then no one else would recognize me as that character XD
@hoopla,for me it'd be more like pointing out a detail on the creepy guy and calling him creepy based on that even though it's not necessarily all that makes him creepy but just one representation of his creepines and I'm aware of that but somehow that one detail speaks it all,in a way.
Or like,when I see a rollercoaster I can be scared of trying it,but it's not based on feeling I get looking at it but a detached "there's lots of being upside down" and like,it's not about feeling and even rollercoaster isn't that scary because of actual sensations but because of that "OMG I am upside down and I can't do anything about it" factor
As for some other things,yeah,I do look pretty S but I'm sure at least part of it is enneagram 3 wing shallowness :p

"What is most importand quality?"
Generally what separates them from the rest,what makes them that thing and not another similar thing

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Absolutely no clue XD

I can relate to tertiary Se description so much and in socionics some stuff about Se seems to describe me too and like,in fights I feel like I'm very Fe-Se,very influenced by people's body language and very expanding of my opinions and energy and I never remember fights later(details,feelings,etc) because it's all so in the moment.Not sure why I'm mentioning it,I thought about it in terms of enneagram and thought maybe it could mean something here(btw I concluded that my approach to it could be what separates cp 6 and 8 in enneagram,since I get truly "gut-ish" rather than thinking a lot,I "think" but in sort of an animalistic battle mode XD @alittlebear,you know enneagram,what do you think?

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Absolutely no clue XD

I can relate to tertiary Se description so much and in socionics some stuff about Se seems to describe me too and like,in fights I feel like I'm very Fe-Se,very influenced by people's body language and very expanding of my opinions and energy and I never remember fights later(details,feelings,etc) because it's all so in the moment.Not sure why I'm mentioning it,I thought about it in terms of enneagram and thought maybe it could mean something here(btw I concluded that my approach to it could be what separates cp 6 and 8 in enneagram,since I get truly "gut-ish" rather than thinking a lot,I "think" but in sort of an animalistic battle mode XD)
I still say Ni/Se. Under stress you act Se, in the moment and don't recall it later. I don't know, it's all very Se to me. I'm wondering if you're in a loop and kind of lost connection with your Ni lately and the higher Se makes you think Si, hm.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts