Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Thinking about this, it's amazing how future oriented we are. So much so I feel like its to the point where we completely ignore the past, unless it has some bearing on the future, and neglect the present. All to our benefit and detriment.

If you are Ni dominant, you constantly have clear, firm visions of the future. These visions are usually so striking and real that you will go to incredible lengths to help make them reality. A good example would be what Ni dom Mark Zuckerberg is doing with the metaverse. He's dumping billions of dollars into this thing because he has a very clear, concise vision of what it will look like 5, 10 years from now. He's risking his fortune to chase this future vision that he has. Right now most people are laughing at him because of the pitiful shape the metaverse is in. But they're not seeing what Zuckerberg has in plan 5, 10 years down the line.

Another Ni dom, Elon Musk, has a very clear cut future vision for what he thinks Twitter should be. He's not content with keeping the status quo, so he's firing anyone who disagrees with the direction he is taking. This is what Ni dom visions are like. I think we see future possibilities with a striking clarity compared to most other types, so we tend to chase these possibilities aggressively, ruthlessly even.

But as I said at the outset this future focus usually comes with a price. We tend to neglect the present. We're so focused on planning for the future we tend to forget about taking care of things that need to be done right now. Sometimes that means heavy duty procrastination. If you look at what Elon Musk is doing, he's putting Twitter at risk somewhat because he's so focused on the future of the company at the expense of it's present state. He could have layed off those workers or gave out the ultimatums over time, but the ferocious pace at which he is pushing toward his future plan just screams Ni dom.

As for a personal example, recently I got tired of waiting for used car prices to fall, so I decided to do a few upgrades on my car to make it feel 'fresh' for another couple years until car prices come down again, hopefully. So pretty quickly I had a pretty concise image of what I wanted my car to look like and I started heading toward this goal like a freight train. But, at the expense of this clear, future vision, I neglected the present. My car now has no heating or air because I ripped out all the radio and instruments before getting everything I needed to replace them. On a much smaller scale this is like Musk firing all those people at twitter. It's pushing toward a future goal but not tending to the present. Not only that my upgrades in general have gone over budget because I didn't count on some expenses. I just had this very clear vision of how I wanted the car to look like, and I started chasing it very aggressively, which caused some mistakes. The good news is I'll get there and it will be exactly like I envisioned, the bad news is it will be kind of bumpy because I neglected the present.

· Registered
2,810 Posts

Thinking about this, it's amazing how future oriented we are. So much so I feel like its to the point where we completely ignore the past, unless it has some bearing on the future, and neglect the present. All to our benefit and detriment.

If you are Ni dominant, you constantly have clear, firm visions of the future. These visions are usually so striking and real that you will go to incredible lengths to help make them reality. A good example would be what Ni dom Mark Zuckerberg is doing with the metaverse. He's dumping billions of dollars into this thing because he has a very clear, concise vision of what it will look like 5, 10 years from now. He's risking his fortune to chase this future vision that he has. Right now most people are laughing at him because of the pitiful shape the metaverse is in. But they're not seeing what Zuckerberg has in plan 5, 10 years down the line.

Another Ni dom, Elon Musk, has a very clear cut future vision for what he thinks Twitter should be. He's not content with keeping the status quo, so he's firing anyone who disagrees with the direction he is taking. This is what Ni dom visions are like. I think we see future possibilities with a striking clarity compared to most other types, so we tend to chase these possibilities aggressively, ruthlessly even.

But as I said at the outset this future focus usually comes with a price. We tend to neglect the present. We're so focused on planning for the future we tend to forget about taking care of things that need to be done right now. Sometimes that means heavy duty procrastination. If you look at what Elon Musk is doing, he's putting Twitter at risk somewhat because he's so focused on the future of the company at the expense of it's present state. He could have layed off those workers or gave out the ultimatums over time, but the ferocious pace at which he is pushing toward his future plan just screams Ni dom.

As for a personal example, recently I got tired of waiting for used car prices to fall, so I decided to do a few upgrades on my car to make it feel 'fresh' for another couple years until car prices come down again, hopefully. So pretty quickly I had a pretty concise image of what I wanted my car to look like and I started heading toward this goal like a freight train. But, at the expense of this clear, future vision, I neglected the present. My car now has no heating or air because I ripped out all the radio and instruments before getting everything I needed to replace them. On a much smaller scale this is like Musk firing all those people at twitter. It's pushing toward a future goal but not tending to the present. Not only that my upgrades in general have gone over budget because I didn't count on some expenses. I just had this very clear vision of how I wanted the car to look like, and I started chasing it very aggressively, which caused some mistakes. The good news is I'll get there and it will be exactly like I envisioned, the bad news is it will be kind of bumpy because I neglected the present.
I just spent $48 to purchase a haircut package today that can be used 12 times over the next few years, and this haircut package doesn't come with an expiry date.
So now instead of having to pay $5+ for a haircut, I only have to pay $4. In fact, I can see the price of haircut continue to rise over the next few years, so it's a good thing I purchased this package today.
And I've actually waited for years to purchase this haircut package. In the past, I was hesitant to purchase this haircut package because it comes with an expiry date, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to use up the haircut package within that expiry date.
But now they've removed the expiry date, I know that it's the right time for me to purchase this haircut package. 😃

1 - 2 of 2 Posts